Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 187130 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: What ya reading
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2005, 11:28:19 AM »
just finished babyville by jane green as a light book.

it was cute.  :)  you should have seen the looks i got at the women's clinic this morning reading it!   ;D

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2005, 11:38:52 AM »

My daughter has requested that we go to a bookstore that will be open late so she can buy it at midnight. She figures she can finish reading it before people in california are even able to buy it ;-).

I am jealous!  I used to be able to read very quickly and uninterrupted like that.  I was in speed reading competitions all through elementary school from second grade.  But with a child who will be two-years-old when the books comes out, my time with books is a bit more limited . . . *sigh*.  Hope your daughter savours that freedom whilst she can!

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2005, 02:54:19 AM »
"Silver Birch, Blood Moon", a collection of 'classic fairy tales reimagined for adults'.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 02:36:25 PM by closet.hippie »
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2005, 12:35:03 PM »
"Silver Birch, Blood Moon", a collection of 'classic fairy taled reimagined for adults'.

Ooh, like what? Curious minds want to know.

I'm in the market for a good book. I've not been able to find anything that interests me.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2005, 01:00:43 PM »
Finished Martha Peake.  Okay - not as amazing as the cover reviews - but I'm getting used to that.  :P  I'm such a snob when it comes to books.  And I'm just sick to the back teeth of these amazing reviews for pretty average books.  :-\\\\
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »
I've started the Time Travellers Wife now - it's really good! i just need more hours in the day to read it!

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2005, 02:39:24 PM »

Ooh, like what? Curious minds want to know.

I've just started it, but so far they've done 'remakes' of the Princess and the Golden Ball(?), Rumplestiltskin, and Sleeping Beauty.  Definitely dark!!!  It's a book I 'borrowed' from my mother's personal library, so don't know how widely available it is.  I can get you more info if you'd like...
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

• Money can't buy me, luv
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2005, 03:41:39 PM »
Just finished "Love In The Time Of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.... very good, hightly reccommend it.

"Oh look, a beckoning digit!"

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2005, 03:55:18 PM »
Anyone read or heard about  the Thursday Next series?
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2005, 03:57:47 PM »
reading deception point by dan brown now

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2005, 05:58:58 PM »

I've just started it, but so far they've done 'remakes' of the Princess and the Golden Ball(?), Rumplestiltskin, and Sleeping Beauty. Definitely dark!!! It's a book I 'borrowed' from my mother's personal library, so don't know how widely available it is. I can get you more info if you'd like...

I'll have to make a visit to my local library and see what I can find.

Just finished "Love In The Time Of Cholera"; by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.... very good, hightly reccommend it.

Can you tell us what it's about? I've heard of it but don't know the plot.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2005, 10:31:49 PM »
I am in the middle of 'The Time Travelers Wife' too Britwife :)  I just started a thread about it, wondering if anyone else had started reading it. I should have checked here first ;)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2005, 01:51:53 PM »
Presently I am re-reading one of my favourite fantasy series: The Dragonlance Chronicles: Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, Dragons of Spring Dawning (a trilogy, obviously) by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.  Fabulous high fantasy and adventure, a modern fantasy classic.

Also, I am reading one of my Christmas pressies from my DH: A Rhyming History of Britain by James Muirden.  This was a perfect gift for me; My husband knows my interest in history and my enjoyment of poetry (both reading it and writing it, as well).  It is a delightfully entertaining read; educational, as well!
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2005, 05:58:54 PM »
'Time Management for Unmanageable People' by Anne Megee-Cooper(sp?)  :-[

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2005, 07:33:56 PM »
Last few books have been:

A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly.  A fictionalised account of the murder of Grace Brown in the Adirondacks (sp?!) at the turn of the 20th century.  Really enjoyed it - more than I expected to.

I just finished her newest book Tea Rose, I loved it!  I think I read her other books were Young Adult (I love reading those!) Is A Gathering Light as well?  I need to pick it up!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab