Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oxford Book Club  (Read 4995 times)

• Liked: 0
Oxford Book Club
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »
Does anyone know of a book club in Oxfordshire?  I have tried Googling and haven't come up with anything much... I don't really know where you go to find such groups...

Thanks!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Oxford Book Club
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »
Does anyone know of a book club in Oxfordshire?  I have tried Googling and haven't come up with anything much... I don't really know where you go to find such groups...

Thanks!

Most public libraries run book groups, so try that route first. Personally, I don't really like library book groups because most of them choose the books for you.

Do you live right in Oxford, or in a smaller village or town? If it's the latter, try your local village hall, shop or post office to see if there are any notices up about a book group.

Alternately, you could start your own, which is what I did. Put up a notice at your local village hall or post office and maybe a notice in the free listings section of your local paper. Easy!

(I've started book groups in both places I've lived in the UK - the first one started about 9 years ago and even though I've been gone for 3 years, it's still going strong! And the second one, to which I belong now, is also flourishing!)

Good luck to you!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »
Have you tried meetup.com? That's usually a good place to find groups like that.
9 Aug 11 - Married <3
14 Jan 12 - Submitted spousal visa application online
17 Jan 12 - Biometrics and mailed
19 Jan 12 - Visa issued!
21 Feb 12 - Moved to the UK!
01 May 13 - Passed the LitUK test :D
19 Mar 14 - Applied for ILR via checking service
29 Mar 14: Rec'd biometrics letter (dated 27 Mar) and completed biometrics same day
11 Jul 14: ILR approved
14 Jul 14: BRP and approval letter received
2 Dec 14 - Eligible to apply for citizenship

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
Hi,

We have a book club based in Oxford (and as mentioned it's on Meetup!) you can also get to the Meetup page using the following link...

newcomer link: http://www.oxfordbookclub.com [nonactive]

Thanks,

Dave

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
Hi Oxford,
Your post came up when I was searching for a book club in Oxford. I know you posted a little while ago but I was wondering if you found anything.
 :)

Sponsored Links