Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to trick kitty into wearing her collar  (Read 2221 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: How to trick kitty into wearing her collar
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
Have you tried a harness?  We have one for Maxwell for when he goes outside on a lead. He fought it at first but now associates it with FUN outside! I'd be leery of letting him out in it on his own though as he does try to scrabble through bushes and up trees. It wouldn't choke him, I don't think, but he wouldn't like it one little bit.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Utter Nonsense
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:16 PM »
Have you tried a harness?  We have one for Maxwell for when he goes outside on a lead. He fought it at first but now associates it with FUN outside! I'd be leery of letting him out in it on his own though as he does try to scrabble through bushes and up trees. It wouldn't choke him, I don't think, but he wouldn't like it one little bit.
I was thinking of one, for when we start introducing her to the outside of our home, but worry about leaving it on without the lead when shes on her own..

Well, shes keeping it on, so good news. She catches it occasionally, when shes cleaning herself, and tries to take it off then, but we just chase right after her and put it back on. Need to head to petsathome over the weekend and pick her up a 'im microchipped' one as I dont think shell take too kindly to having a tag dangle from the collar (it had a bell, and that HAD to come off - she WASNT having that)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
Thanks for the advice on collars! I'm relieved that old Tobes won't need one for the flight. That said, I wish you all the best of luck getting your cats to where them!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
I remember a slightly stupid cat we had once, named Harold. She wore a collar and was sitting on the window sill having a wash when suddenly she fell on the floor and started thrashing around. We thought she was having a fit -- but turned out she'd gotten one paw stuck in the collar and lost her balance  [smiley=laugh4.gif] (She was OK!)
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

Sponsored Links