Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current feedback on ASL, TASIS, ACS-Cobham?  (Read 3884 times)

• Liked: 0
Current feedback on ASL, TASIS, ACS-Cobham?
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
Hi all,

My family will be moving to London this summer for a couple years and I would greatly appreciate any feedback on American/Int'l schools. I've done a search here but all intel is several years old.

We have three young boys who will be going into grades K, 2 and 3, and we're deciding between ACS-Cobham, TASIS and ASL. Obviously the latter is in the city, but we are leaning towards life in Surrey because we currently live in a suburb and think the transition would be easiest for everyone there. Anyway, we've visited both TASIS and ACS-Cobham and, while their campuses are quite distinct, I wish I knew more about the quality of academics and community.

Thanks, in advance, for any insights!
Amy

Re: Current feedback on ASL, TASIS, ACS-Cobham?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »
I am wondering where you decided to send your children?  We just found out that we will be relocating from suburban NY to the UK next year and need to find schools for our two boys (grades 2 and 5).  We will be applying to ACS, Tasis and ASL and would love some more information of the differences between the schools. 

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:05:42 AM »
Hello

I was wondering if you ever received any insights into these schools?  I am relocating to London with my 2 high-school aged daughters in 2013 and would welcome any thoughts on these particular schools.

all the best

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
I am in exact same position and would REALLY appreciate any feedback on these three schools
Thank you so much!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:02:50 PM »
I am in the same boat looking at both TASIS and ACS Cobham for a 6 and 9 year old (2nd and 4th grade). They have been accepted at both and considering which to enroll in this Fall 2013. Any suggestions or insight would be great!! thanks!!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:14:22 PM »
We decided to send our 6 and 9 year old sons to TASIS.  Wondering what you decided.  It sounds like you are in the same boat.  We are moving from NY to Surrey in August and hoping to find a decent home in Walton or Weybridge.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:26:23 PM »
Hi! I'm new to the board, but our family is moving to Surrey as well in August, we plan to live in Weybridge or Walton on Thames, and our three kids will be attending TASIS. Maybe our paths will cross, my kids will be in 7th, 5th and 1st grades. We were admitted to Cobham as well but TASIS just felt like the right school...

Laura

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 12:49:46 PM »
If anyone is moving to London and not moving close to Surrey and therefore considering ASL a bit more, please feel free to PM me about it.  I have worked there as a counsellor for 9 years (leaving at the end of this school year to go into private practice).  I can tell you all about it (K1 to 12) as I work with counsellors in all the divisions.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 03:27:55 AM »
Hello,

I'm hoping some families can shed some light on some of the differences between TASIS and ACS and personal experiences anyone has had with either school.   We are looking to relocate and have daughters in the 3rd and 5th grades.  Thank you!

Deanna

• Liked: 2
ASL Wait List
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
Wondering if anyone has any experience with ASL (American School in London) wait list.  Application decisions have been sent out.  Does anyone know how many applicants are typically wait listed per grade?  What are the odds of getting a space?  Does only 1 or two open up on average after decision letters are sent out? 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab