Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Is it dangersous to ship pets?  (Read 4543 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Is it dangersous to ship pets?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
Oh this is great KFdancer! I was actually just thinking what to do about this very thing, when I was at the vet today there was a kid buzzing all around her crate while I was at the desk paying, grrrrrrrrr! Go Away!
The carrier I got has mesh windows with 'shades' on the side and top, I want to leave them open so she gets ventilation, but don't want her to get all agitated by people, etc..  So this is perfect! She will get air, but no one can see in and she will be (fingers crossed) nice and calm, thank you!  :D

• Liked: 12
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
Where do you have to stow the carrier when in the cabin?  They're too big to put under the seat in front, surely?  Can you get a bulkhead seat and have them in front of you?
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
Where do you have to stow the carrier when in the cabin?  They're too big to put under the seat in front, surely?  Can you get a bulkhead seat and have them in front of you?

Yes, they go under the seat in front of you.  The carriers are designed to fit and there really is plenty of room.  I've had two cats in one carrier before!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »

They actually can't go on the floor in front of you in bulkhead, same as you can't put your regular carryon bag on the floor when sat there  :)
 I have a soft sided carrier that will squish to fit underneath the seat (according to Delta's max dimensions for the carrier  :P ) They definitely have to be under the seat during take off & landing, same as your carryon bag. But this is only into Europe & flying into the UK they must go as manifest cargo. Are you thinking of bringing your cat over BostonDiner?  :D

• Liked: 12
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »
Well, I'd sort of come to think that Maxwell was getting on a bit anyway so probably not a good candidate.  Plus, we have to be careful with animals because of DH's suppressed immune system.  But, if DS finally decides to migrate back this way, then the brat-cat would have to come too.  I quite liked the idea of bringing him on the Queen Mary  ;D but DS is a bad sailor!
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

Sponsored Links