Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: E-Fastrack Questions  (Read 724 times)

• Liked: 0
E-Fastrack Questions
« on: September 23, 2004, 11:57:56 PM »
As per the UK Visas website's STRONG suggestion, we are going to use the E-Fastrack option.  But now I have a question that I cannot find answer to...

We're going to personally take our information to the Consulate, rather than mailing it.  How far in advance should we complete the E-Fastrack application?  The day before?  A week before?  Doesn't matter?

Can anyone help with this?

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: E-Fastrack Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 02:04:09 AM »
I completed my fastrack application in May and didn't send my supporting documents in until July. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 10:02:37 AM »
I completed my fastrack the week before i went.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 10:02:58 AM »
(at the end of the application they asked me how i was going to deliver it and when the appt was)

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 10:13:41 AM »
I did mine about a month ahead, but I am one of those people that has to have everything done way ahead of time!  Just make sure if you have to make an appointment to do so soon. 

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 12:07:45 AM »
Thank you all!

I'm going to Chicago to drop off my forms.  Are they not all walk-ins, no appointments?  I'm under the impression that one only walks in Mon - Fri between 9 - 11am.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 01:38:45 PM »
The work permit was supposed to be delivered overnight and be waiting for me at home on Friday afternoon...sheesh - it didn't arrived (hopefully it will today, Saturday). The complication is that I was able, by a fluke of luck, to make an appt  for Monday at the NY office. But now I'm anxious that if I do get the work permit today and finish the fast track application today (saturday), iit won't register in time for processing or something.... should I be fretting?  Of course, it's all for naught if that darn thing doesn't get here today. I will have to cancel my appt and decide about mailing it or getting another appt for later in the week...so many details!  I finished my last day of work on Friday - my house closing is set for next Friday and I hope to fly on Monday the first of Nov!  I'm a social worker going to Sutton. So many many setbacks, delay and details!  Still packing, too.... ugh. On the good news side, the agency I'm working for found me accomodations in a hospital for less than 11 pounds a night (cheaper if I pay by month). I was hoping for a month to look around and this seems perfect!  I think they are old dorm type rooms with shared baths and kitchen as well as a canteen if I don't want to cook!  sounds perfect for my needs and cheap, too, which is such a  bonus.

thanks, in advance if any of you can advise.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab