Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: my GREAT L.A. consolate adventure!  (Read 1512 times)

• Liked: 0
my GREAT L.A. consolate adventure!
« on: April 22, 2003, 10:54:51 PM »
i'm soooooo excited!  i just got back from the consolate with my visa in hand!!  i was so nervous...i was expecting them to be rude and not very helpful, but it turned out just the opposite!  they were so nice and smiled the whole way through.  i had everything in order, and copied before i got there.  i posted earlier about not having Ian's original birth certificate, and they didn't even question it!  thanks to everybody on this site for all of your advice, if it wasn't for you....i don't know where the heck i'd be!!

Re: my GREAT L.A. consolate adventure!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 11:31:33 PM »
Wow well done, nice one! Must be a great feeling, how about talking us through the experience? When are you coming to the UK?

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 10:16:33 AM »
ok..... ;D
i get there around 8:15, and the security guy takes me upstairs.  i took a number (which i was only 3rd in line), about 45 min. later they call me.  i was so nervous.  i had everything in an accordian file folder.  she was pleased that i had everything sorted and copied.  in fact, she wanted to inlcude some of our wedding pictures, so she volunteered to make the copies herself!  she didn't ask any questions, but she did make a comment...she said "did you know that 8 out of 10 applications for visas have met over the internet?"  
there were a couple of things that i thought i would get turned away for (because i thought they were so strict).  i didn't have Ian's original birth certificate just a photo copy.  i was afraid he didn't have enough money in his account, and the letter from his employer didn't have how much he was making.  She never mentioned anything of what i was so nervous about.  in fact, she said "i'm positive you have nothing to worry about".  she asked me to have a seat, and she would give it to the people who approve the visa's, and that i would know in an hour....about 45 min. later, i had my visa in hand!  she told me it was good for 2 years!  has that changed?  i thought they were only good for 1 year. ???  hmmm... well i leave on May 9th!!  i'm a bundle of nerves!!

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 01:37:24 PM »
Good to hear that everything went so smoothly.  Did you know before hand that they would require copies of your wedding photos as I don't recall reading anywhere that photos would be necessary for a spouse visa, for fiance, yes to prove you have met, but not for spouse visa.

If you know of a site that gives a listing of what you need to bring would you mind sharing?.  I checked the UK visa site and they didn't mention pics.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 07:49:23 AM »
i'm not sure if it is a requirement, but i thought that i might have been asked proof of relationship and i didn't want to forget anything!  this is what i brought with me, i hope it helps...
1. application that i downloaded from the internet
2. marriage certificate (the official one)
3. both of our visas and birth certificates
4. a letter written by Ian asking to allow my entry clearance, and a brief description of how we met and how much he misses me... ::)
5. a letter written by myself explaining how we met in a little more detail (where we went and what we did stuff like that)
6. accomodation letter (from his dad, explaining we will be living there for as long as it takes) along with a utility bill or lease/mortgage
7. letter from Ian's work stating he is in good standing, and how long he has worked there
8. bank statements (now i didn't have the past 3 months which is what i thought was required...i only had 1 month, and they didn't say a word about it)
9. pictures, emails, and phone bills
10. my resume (C.V.), and portfolio...showing how serious i am on finding a job...that helped a lot!

hope that helped   ;)  
oh, i forgot to mention that i made copies of everything except for the pictures, before i got there
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 07:55:04 AM by indiesol »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab