Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things I Really Like!!  (Read 5400 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Things I Really Like!!
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
Inspired by the Friday Five! Thread:

LOL... an idea for a new topic:  Things I Really Like  :)

Example:

In case you were wondering about me, here's some things I really like!

Baking, Little Big Planet, Monsters Ate My Condo, Cheese! Apple Products, Converse Trainers, Ferrero Rocher, Jerry Seinfeld, Aimless Cycling, Knitted Hats, Tiny Tower, Iced Tea, LA confidential, Jim Henson, Hollyoaks (but only on a Sunday in pajamas), Lombok, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Kindle, Miniature Donkeys, Sewing, Regular Sized  Donkeys, SKYRIM! Dance Games! Rich Hall, Space, Pixar anything, The Sopranos, Journey, Food of the American South (particularly Texas BBQ), Gigs (even/especially if they’re rubbish), Vogue Magazine, IT Crowd, Petting Zoos, City Breaks, Pho, Tiny Wings, Futurama, Bill Bailey, COD:MW, Labyrinth, Murakami, Star Trek, Photography, 90s grunge, PopCap, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, The British Museum, Rice Pudding.

What's your long list of Things You Really Like?
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Re: Things I Really Like!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Wow! No one except Cheesebiscuit has any things that they really like? Really? Really?!!!

Ha ha, well I admit that I have had to put on my thinking cap to come up with a list myself.  I'm a little embarrassed that most of the things that came immediately to mind had to do with food & booze...  :-[ :P

I'll come clean & spill it all later.  ;) :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »
I'm still thinking! Give a girl some time.  :P

I'll post my list sometime tomorrow or Monday.

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
Oh, I have sooooo many things I like!

Let's see...a few...

Avocados, nectarines, art in general, Mark Rothko paintings, bagels, seeing live music, brunch, whisky, Twin Peaks, Lord of the Rings everything (A LOT), Game of Thrones TV show, Song of Ice and Fire book series, Harry Potter books and films, reading about 18th-century antiquarians, Mexican food, Indian food, the smell of clean laundry, fingerless gloves, a good snuggle with a good snuggler, sleeping, singing, dancing, shoes, The IT Crowd, horror movies (the paranormal spooky kind, not the slasher kind), Halloween, BEER, an excuse to get dressed up all fancy, an excuse to eat at a restaurant I can't afford, traveling, when you make a box of mac and cheese and the powder clumps up a bit? I really like those clumps, quiet drizzly mornings, Autumn weather, and this blog.
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »
Hooray, NOT, for playing!  And PlainPearl for thinking about it!

Oh & don't be shy about posting more & adding to as you think of other things you didn't think of the first time...  :)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
Chapstick, Orbit gum, my crappy music selection on my phone, my job,  fresh flowers in the house, sparkling water, sekt or cava (not champagne), Babybel cheeses, shopping for my kids, having a clean house (but not cleaning), Strictly Come Dancing, Solitaire, watching my girls cuddle each other, ranch dressing, vodka jelly shots, jam, chewy candies, laughing, Greys Anatomy, Dr Who, stargazing, trying on old clothes to find they fit, memes, youtube.

There are more but Dr Who is on now.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
In no particular order (just typing them up as they pop into my head):

Mini coopers, salted caramel chocs, netflix, driving windy roads, the Lake District, Australian red liquorice, discovering new craft beer (Golden Road Brewery is a new fave), travel, reading about travel, writing about travel, travelling, escape to the country, good prime time dramas, Mulberry, All Saints, soft boiled eggs w soldiers, cup of tea on the balcony/patio, cycling, England, Australia, wine, Barbour, and this photo I took in Vernazza, Italy that sits at the end of our reclaimed wood bed (of which I also really like!) that I stare at every night.

Vernazza by delara-photos, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:42:16 PM by dels »

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
DOGS, lettuce sandwiches, green smoothies, writing, 70's disco and soft rock, classic rock,  X-files (still!), reading anything and everything, buying silly junk at the boardwalk, shopping for makeup, Seinfeld, big rings, car/train journeys, handbags, Sea Life Centre, walking to town, complimenting strangers, tickling my husband, sitting on the stone wall in the North Bay in Scarborough and watching the water, the sound of the ocean, making lists, chocolate, picking a topic at random and researching it, charity shops and car boot sales, veggie/fruit gardening, piling my bed with decorative pillows, good coffee, Ben & Jerry's, dancing, singing and making people laugh.
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
Screaming the answers to Jeopardy questions at my TV, Tina Fey, the smell of library books, flip flops, hoodies, pizza, Disney Pixar films, autumn in New England, Charlie Rose, Frontline, fudge, ticoneroga pencils, freeze pops, crossword puzzles, penguins, Tetris, Politics, The Great Gatsby, Spotify, Costa, Hobnobs, Tempur pillows, the color blue, Marylou’s Coffee, 60 Minutes, Rachel Maddow, Question Time, pistachio ice cream, Halloween, pumpkin bread, Candy Corn, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Jane Austen, “September” by Earth, Wind and Fire, my iPhone, chocolate chip cookies, Anchorman, Shark Week, Flight of the Conchords, Six Feet Under, reading my horoscope even though I think it’s a bunch of crap, Apples, green beans, Sunday Roast, Taboo (the game), waking up when it’s raining and realizing you can sleep for another few hours, snow, tea, the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves, The Snug (in Hingham, Massachusetts), Hotel Chocolate...

• Liked: 14
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »
In no particular order... as others typing as they pop into my head lol
my two moggies,my current job,Dr Who,Horror movies (paranormal spooky type) think Stephen King :), Dunkin Donuts reg grind coffee,candy corn,crime channel,
HD telly,my flat,brighams mocha chip ice cream with jimmies, good coffee ice cream  ie Hagen Daz,Brighams,US Big Brother,the Cape (Cape Cod), New England in the fall,the smell of freshly mown grass,the smell when walking through a wooded area,The Big Bang Theory,Robinsons fruit n barley orange, Concord grape jam,
Frosted brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts,cinnamon toast,bubble witch saga, pizza,
Cape Cod Radio Mystery Theatre,Old time radio (crime,thrillers,suspense),Xfactore auditions
Thats a start.. i shall add as i have time to think.. :)

• Liked: 7
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »
wispas, food network, wheat beer, beer festivals, orbit bubblemint gum, kimchi, korean food, juicy medium-rare hamburgers, pedicures, coconut oil, that feeling when you wake up snuggling your loved one and realize it's the weekend!!, luggage, travel, spontaneous road trips/train trips, tomato basil soup, sushi, big dogs, little dogs, all dogs, caffe nero, those single-serve face masks you get for $1/£1, summer barbecues with friends, frozen yogurt,  my phone (Google/Samsung Nexus S, on Jelly Bean), really thick milkshakes, curb your enthusiasm, game of thrones, fresh prince of bel-air, cast iron skillets, those freaky fast dyson hand dryers, barq's rootbeer, cucumber mojitos, thunder storms, dark chocolate, my kindle, nexus 7 tablet, fishing with my Dad, organizing things (desk drawers, kitchen cupboards, clothes in my wardrobe (by color!)), fitness magazines, my £5pcm gym membership at work, french onion soup (with the gruyere cheese and french bread), eggs and soldiers, memory foam mattress toppers, pumpkin cheesecake, wearing J's long-sleeve flannel shirts, staying in PJ's alll day on a lazy weekend, and dill pickles.

...that's probably a good start?
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
Books, yarn, crocheting, my kitty, cows, my lap top, my bed, my pillows, NH, camping, Thanksgiving, snow storms, the smell in the air just before it rains, gardening (but I stink at it), cooking, my slow cooker, my ipod nano, the library, air conditioned movie theaters on hot humid days, Christmas decorations, Christmas Eve, Autumn, red wine,rib eye steak and mushrooms, cheese, PIZZA, hot sauce, candles, warm gooey chocolate chip cookies, yorkshire puddings, sunsets, early Sunday mornings while everyone is still sleeping, Dr Who, Grey's Anatomy, photography, craft stores, book stores, coffee (GOOD COFFEE), Shipyard Pumpkin Head, country music, classic rock, singing when no one can hear me, dancing when no one can see me,lip balm, long drives in the mountains, hot tubs on a cold moon lit night with the hubster, Polar flavoured seltzer in Vanilla Orange, yorkshire puddings, nice juicy cheese burgers-especially with a nice blue cheese on top.

Hmmm, I bet there are tons more
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/03/2012-Email from UK Consul General application needs further processing will receive decision within 10 working days.
02/09/2012-Request for more payslips and custody papers for daughter.
02/22/2012-Submit the requested documents with prayers.
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued :)
03/12/2012-Arrive in MAN UK :)

• Smiley Gifts World
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »

Frosted brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts

This made me smile-- it is def on my list-- okay I admit I have just read this and given no thinking time so here we go randomly---

Frosted brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts, apple jacks, campbells chicken noodle soup, peeps, movies, board games, bowling (it is things we like, not things we are good at right?! :) ), kids, animals, mindless quick computer games (example: bejeweled), counted cross stitch, quilting, reading (but only when I have time to just read non-stop), PIZZA, steak....sorry food keeps popping up! Pepsi Max, flowers....will stop for now :)

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »
This is a fun thread.  Here’s my first attempt...  

beaches, crisp autumn mornings, heirloom tomatoes, thunderstorms, Jasper Fforde, His Dark Materials, fresh basil pesto with homemade pasta, long summer evenings, Japan, silk, linen, flying buttresses, shoes, language, London, Chicago, chicken paysanne, Paris, salted caramel macarons, Osaka, tempura, Kyoto, Kume-jima ramen, Catch-22, James Thurbur, Firefly, Garrow’s Law, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr, cheeeese, landscapes, art museums, unique cafes, cream teas, thatched roofs, non-native speakers chatting in English, Japanese woodcuts, disaster movies, Blackadder, Monty Python.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »
From a bloke:

Cars. Cheap gasoline(relative to England), cheap insurance. New car, 2013 model. Long rides.
Delightful, low maintenance, American wife. Married 46 years. I'm sure I could have said the same about an English wife.
Plenty of shopping. Costco, Target that are within 5 minutes drive.
Having a fixed income and being retired. Good health and plenty of doctors around.
Nice luxurious home. Children and grandchildren. Somewhat warm during the winter.
Traveling the world through surfing the internet.
Having a Kneaders Bakery and Cafe nearby.
Dreaming of going to England and visiting my roots. (and getting wet ;D)
Cheers

Sponsored Links