Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: newbie here (Manchester UK goingto San Antonio TX)  (Read 809 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
newbie here (Manchester UK goingto San Antonio TX)
« on: April 28, 2003, 02:52:09 PM »
Hi all

Just like to say what a cool forum you have here - i came across it searching through google.

Am actually going the opposite way to you guys im a Brit moving to the US.

I caught up with my american father after 27 years and spent a lot of time last year travelling back and forth from the UK to San Antonio Texas.

As my father has been very ill (recently had a liver and kidney transplant) I decided that a week and 2 week dashes across the atlantic wasnt enough - not to the mention that SA actually felt like home the minute i stepped off the plane (am a bit brit, a bit american, a bit mexican!!! or what my family and friends call me in SA ....brixican!!!)

as i have no commitments in the UK i am jumping ship and moving to be with my dad and family in SA in two weeks time!!!

I would just like to say that some of the posts i have seen on here have been more than helpfull and overall theres a real good and friendly atmosphere about it all.

ive certainly booked marked you all for a return visit :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 02:56:56 PM by escuba »

• Liked: 24
Re: newbie here (Manchester UK goingto San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 07:00:53 PM »
Thank you for your kind words. :) Good luck with your plans, I wish your family well.

There are a couple of good sites for your situation on the Links page. Tho you've probably already found those sites anyway.

Take care! :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 12:13:25 PM by admin »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 05:28:37 AM »
We are currently in the USA so if you need any info. let us know....
Best of luck... SA is wonderful!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 02:08:52 PM »
cool thanks for the welcome - am just sorry i cant be in SA right now as im missing fiesta!!!

Think my only concerns at the moment are really TAX and Health Insurance i have all my other paperwork sorted out - my father says hell sort it all out when i get there... have got personal health unsurance for the interim period though just to be on the safe side...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 02:15:31 PM by escuba »

Sponsored Links