Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Questions!  (Read 2191 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) Questions!
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »
Hi there,

I'm a US Citizen. I've applied for and recieved my marriage visa. I've come to the UK and have married my UK Citizen husband. I would like to apply for my Spouse's Visa now so I am able to work. I have a lot of questions, answers to any would be so greatly appreciated. (I'm filling the form out myself since lawyer fees are not an option right now)

1. I've read that many FLRM forms sent in the earlier months of 2012 have not yet been returned. Has anyone sent in the FLRM form as an already married couple recently and gotten it back any sooner? Wondering if the 'already married' part will make a difference in the processing time.

2. What name do I put on 1.4? Just got married and took his last name, so passport obviously still says my maiden name.

3. If I put my maiden name, will that be the name on any documents I recieve, like a British passport or Biometrics Card?

4. For question 1.5 do I write my surname or family name as my maiden name on my passport, or my new last name from marriage?

5. What is a home office reference number? How do I know if I have one?

6. Really important: We're in the middle of moving. My husband has lived in our rented flat for about 18 months now. I've lived there for my 6 month visitor visa last year, and have lived there since I've been back on marriage visa (about a month) Do I put the new address as our permanent residence?

7. Question 2.2: I've only applied for,and was granted a 6 month visitor visa but my now husband, then boyfriend was listed as my boyfriend on my visitor visa. So does that count as a visa in the category of unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK?

8. Question 2.3: Not sure if this is my first period of leave to remain or second? Just got here on my marriage visa on Oct 14th and it's valid from Oct 12th so I haven't been here for 6 months, but have married within the 6 month period. What do I put here?

9. I thought I was applying for a spouse's visa, not a leave to remain. Are they the same thing?

10. I was denied entry into the country in Jan 2011 for a minor reason, lying about me and my boyfriend's relationship due to fear of not gaining entry because I didn't have a visa. Not sure if Question 5.6 or 5.8 pertain to me?

11. What is an exclusion order under Question 5.8?

12. Our relationship and the time we've actually lived together is on and off. We've always been in the relationship though. We met online, met in person a month later in Vermont for 2 weeks, I moved to Canada where he was living at the time on a work visa and stayed for 9 months, got denied entry to England a week later, was in the US for 3 months then got my visitor visa and lived with him in England for 6 months, went back to the US for 8 months during which we talked on Skype everyday, then got my marriage visa and have lived with him since the 15th of October 2012. So any ideas what I should put for questions 6.2-6.8? Should I write a letter and add it into the list of documents explaining our relationship situation?

13. What exactly is a Biometrics Residence Permit?

14. Do I sign my name with my maiden name or my married name? If I've put down my maiden name because it appears that way on my passport, but my name has legally been changed, what name do I sign with? Does it matter?

Lots of questions, but even just one answered will help! Thank you for your time helping me sort this out.

• I miss people no matter where I live
  • Liked: 0
Re: FLR(M) Questions!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 08:47:51 AM »
1. That has no bearing on processing speed.

2. The name on your passport.

3. Yes.

4. Always put the name on your passport.

5. If you have received a letter from the home office in the past it will have a reference number on it.

6. Put your new address down as that is where you will receive your documents back and your biometric residence permit. They will also send you a letter about getting your biometrics completed.

7. No because you applied for a fiancee visa.

8.  first.

9. A spouse visa is applied for outside of the country. Leave to remain is from within the country. Flr stands for 'further leave to remain'.

10. If it asks if you have been refused entry or a visa you need to be honest about this.

12. If you want to explain you can but visiting doesn't count as living together. This question is for the unmarried partners I would imagine. So in your case not really important how long you state you've been living together. Be honest though.

13. A brp is a card that you get if you are successful that is the same as a visa in your passport. It gives you the right to remain and has your biometric details on it.

14. I signed with my married name eventhough my documents were in my maiden name. I don't think it matters.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:50:05 AM by GibbyGab »
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!