Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2155 times)

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
  • Liked: 0
THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 29, 2003, 11:15:08 PM »
It seems that due to job shortages in the IT sector, 'ol Biggest_apple may have to return to the restaurant industry. I spent 7 years working in some of the top New York restaurants and survived but never thought I'd be going back to it. Hopefully an angel will come and rescue me. Anyway, I had a meeting today with a Restaurant Recruitment agency and I've been made aware of a very exciting secret. Drum roll......................Krispy Kremes is coming to England!!!!!

First shop will open in Harrods this year with more to open around the country. I'm thrilled as I'm sure all of you are  :)

• Liked: 1
Re: THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 01:07:58 AM »
They sure are!  They are one of the few companies to have weathered the economic slow down!
To make the whole thing a lot more interesting Dick Clark (the never aging wonder himself) is one of the main partners in the firm that will be working with the company to bring KK to the UK.  (hey kk to the uk rhymes...song anyone?)

Soon the UK just might have their own version of Rock-n-Eve, but instead of a big apple dropping they might have to use a donut dunking into a cup of coffee or chocolate.  :)

Sign me Pam from the home of where Krispy Kreme is right up there with God and Nascar. ;D

And yes..I have had waaaaaaaaaaay too much caffine today. :P

oh ..and best of luck to you on the job..may something you will enjoy fall your way...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 01:09:29 AM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 02:02:01 AM »
Thanks  :)

I did know about Dick Clark. I actually had to explain to them who he was  :)

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 10:23:59 AM »
Does that mean if I eat a bunch of KK's, I'll age as gracefully as the AmBandmeister?
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 10:48:33 AM »
Does that mean if I eat a bunch of KK's, I'll age as gracefully as the AmBandmeister?

Yes Lisa, yes you will.    ;)

• LisaE

• Well House Consultants
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 11:27:35 AM »
Oh, honey, let me at 'em!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 01:41:51 PM »
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

literally.  hehhe. ;)

when when when???????

yay!

**does future hyper sugar dance**

Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 02:12:53 PM »
Life is good.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 10:42:35 PM »
THANK GOD !!!!!!!!..

My husband and I were in Las Vegas last year and he didn't believe how yummy KK's really are, until I took him to the one in Excalibur at 6AM in the morning. He's a tiny man, but he wasn't that day when he ate pratically the whole entire dozen. He's gonna be thrilled when I tell him..

HOOOOORAY !!!!!!! ;D
Now (im embarrassed to say this, cause i do like their food)
TACO BELL ?

or even better, Rubios or better yet Pick up Sticks.. (if you dont know what I'm talking about, your not from California)  :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 10:44:22 PM by STICKY_FROG »

• LisaE

• Well House Consultants
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 11:12:51 AM »

...TACO BELL ?...

I had a dream about Taco Bell coming here. Quite vivid, and woke up all excited to tell everyone.

Wasn't to be. Sadly, as far as I can pick apart the history, they did try Taco Bell here and it didn't fly. That was a few years ago. I wager they may try again, once Mexican food kicks in for popularity.

UK-Yanks of the world unite! Support Mexican Food!

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 02:45:41 PM »

or even better, Rubios or better yet Pick up Sticks.. (if you dont know what I'm talking about, your not from California)  :P

God, Rubios would be so nice here. Fish tacos. Yummmm. I didn't realize how much I missed those until you mentioned them. Dang, I'm going to be craving that all day. Awww, I want a shrimp quesadilla.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 05:27:30 PM »

God, Rubios would be so nice here. Fish tacos. Yummmm. I didn't realize how much I missed those until you mentioned them. Dang, I'm going to be craving that all day. Awww, I want a shrimp quesadilla.

Sorry  [smiley=shy.gif] didn't mean to make you crave. But at least I know someone is out there feeling the same way I do. 99 cent fish tacos, mmmm you can't eat just one  ;D. Anyhoo, sometimes a good alternative is too buy those frozen fish filets in the supermarket and some cabbage and some corn tortillas and make them that way, it kinda hits the spot, not in the same way, but I just close my eyes and imagine they are the real deal.. hehehe.. oh yea and don't forget the limes. give it a try sometime, it may just work  [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 10:29:39 PM »
Not a bad idea. I just might do it.

Whenever I get a hankering for something you can't get here, I try to make it the best I can. Usually does the trick. Although I just can't make a chalupa and man o man I miss those.

• Chris Hansen's Home Page
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2003, 10:52:51 PM »
It seems that due to job shortages in the IT sector, 'ol Biggest_apple may have to return to the restaurant industry. I spent 7 years working in some of the top New York restaurants and survived but never thought I'd be going back to it. Hopefully an angel will come and rescue me. Anyway, I had a meeting today with a Restaurant Recruitment agency and I've been made aware of a very exciting secret. Drum roll......................Krispy Kremes is coming to England!!!!!

First shop will open in Harrods this year with more to open around the country. I'm thrilled as I'm sure all of you are  :)

Oh, dear...what to do? I have only had them once, from the shop in Penn Station New York, but would probably become an addict if given the opportunity.

I hope that the Harrods store is not the only one in London, as I'm opposed to giving the Phony Pharaoh (thanks, Private Eye) any of my money.

Chris Hansen http://www.hansenhome.demon.co.uk

• Liked: 24
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 03:09:20 PM »
Good luck with that meeting Kirk, thanks for the tip. :)

Personally, I still haven't had a KK and I've no idea what the commotion is all about, lol. ;)

As far as taco bell, speaking as one who was supervisor at one of their competitors and not liking their bland version of mexican food anyway, I don't know if that particular brand of mexican food will ever make it here. I prefer it with some flavor, some kick, and judging from the British love of a darn spicy curry, I think they might prefer another mexican chain if any.

*smiles at the memory of the toy chihuahua hung from a noose in our employee area ;)

Sponsored Links