Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2166 times)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Re: THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 09:44:56 PM »
Good luck with that meeting Kirk, thanks for the tip. :)

Personally, I still haven't had a KK and I've no idea what the commotion is all about, lol. ;)

As far as taco bell, speaking as one who was supervisor at one of their competitors and not liking their bland version of mexican food anyway, I don't know if that particular brand of mexican food will ever make it here. I prefer it with some flavor, some kick, and judging from the British love of a darn spicy curry, I think they might prefer another mexican chain if any.

*smiles at the memory of the toy chihuahua hung from a noose in our employee area ;)

*gasp shock horror* And you call yourself an Amercian.  ;)
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• going to a warmer place
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 04:35:54 PM »
OH! But it MUST be the glazed-filled, yes indeed.... so happy to see this posting as my husband and I were just reminiscing...  

How about Coldstone's now? I'll have the cream with coconut, or how about vanilla bean with chopped cherries and pistachios?

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 10:47:02 AM »
I've never had a Krispy Kreme I know how unAmerican  [smiley=blush.gif] are they anything like Dunkin Donuts? There used to be DD shops in London awhile back, don't know if they are still there. One used to be across from Selfridges.

Dick Clark is STILL alive? [smiley=speechless.gif]
26 years in England
Here via NJ and Israel

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2003, 02:30:27 AM »
I'm not a donut fan but Keith loves them and believes KK to be the best there are.  He'll be very happy to hear about them crossing the pond.

Regarding Mexican food, there's a great Mexican restaurant at Bluewater.  We've also been to a quite good one in Tunbridge Wells.  I'm a chicken quesadilla (sorry, never could spell that correctly) fiend and both places made them as good as I've ever had them (even when in Texas)! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dick Clark is definately still around.  He even has this "horrible" show in the US that's a male takeoff of "The View" called "The Other Half" (or something similiar to that).  He's the Barbara Walters of the show and it has three really obnoxious presenters including Danny Bonnaduce (who I cannot stand!).  I always liked old Dickie but this show sucks, big time, IMO. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 02:32:18 AM by runner1 »
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2003, 10:44:34 AM »
Regarding Mexican food, there's a great Mexican restaurant at Bluewater.  We've also been to a quite good one in Tunbridge Wells.

Names. We want names.

Dick Clark...has this "horrible" show...called "The Other Half"... He's the Barbara Walters of the show and it has three really obnoxious presenters including Danny Bonnaduce

O h   M y   G a w d
I left just in time.              ::)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2003, 10:50:00 AM »

Names. We want names.

These aren't the ones she was mentioning, but I can tell you that Cafe Pacifico in Central London (practically across the street from Covent Garden Tube) is very good for Mexican!  (Never thought I'd say that but it's true!!!)  I've been three times and the food is always good, staff friendly, and all the tortilla chips and fresh homemade salsa you can stand.  I highly recommend it!  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 10:50:47 AM by Wishstar »

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2003, 10:52:53 AM »
Dare I say, but I think the UK is becoming ripe for Mexican. It won't be too long before the fast foods retry an appearance. Maybe this time they'll stick around.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2003, 07:45:15 PM »

Names. We want names.

I can't remember the names offhand but I'll find out and post them.  My very favorite food is Mexican and I love these places so I think you'd like them!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 07:46:20 PM by runner1 »
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• JennyI
  • A Stranger in a Strange Land

• Obamarama
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 04:27:19 PM »
Oh that is fabulous news!
Now if they open an outlet near me and they also do iced coffee I will be thrilled to bits. I am seriously missing Dunkin Donuts iced coffee this summer  :-[  :-[ I know I can probably make my own but its not the same, you all know how it is!
Good luck with the job search, biggest apple. I know its not been easy all around with job hunting.
Does anyone agree that we need Taco Bell in this country? I know its not genuine Mexican but still...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 04:28:48 PM by mrs_kev »
Good things come to those who wait...a really long time.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab