Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Members appearing on national TV next week!  (Read 11924 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: Members appearing on national TV next week!
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
I thought you guys should have won.  I thought all along that Knock Castle would, but they were pretty underhanded.  I'm not convinced they were totally underpaying as a strategy, but I think they were just rude.  I think that the glamping guys hit it on the head during your episode--they just can't understand someone having a different way of seeing or doing things than them.  Ego got in the way.  I think your place came off looking pretty good.  I'd stay there if I didn't live within an hour of your place already. :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
So good to see you on here!  I wish I could watch the episode in the USA.  I still remember the fireworks on the 4th of July!
Same here.  I'm in the US, and wish I could watch it too.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
I finally got round to watching it. Well done, you two! There are always a couple of nasty people on 'Four in a Bed.' It's par for the course.

I really liked the glamping boys but thought it a bit odd that they were on - it's very hard to compare a tent with a hotel.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 03:14:30 AM »
Many thanks for all that feedback; yes - it was difficult to review the Glamping (especially) alongside Knock Castle and Barton House, but Lisa and I are very much enamoured with it.   

We went into the show knowing that we would be contrasting ourselves to people who are extremely different to us, who wouldn't normally choose to stay at Well House Manor, and who might find our quirky business model to be an anathema to them.  That makes for a better show - a starker comparison, and we're delighted that it happened.

The true winners are not the people who win the plaque - the true winners are the people who can look back at a later date and see lots of excellent feedback, with some generated by the show directly or indirectly.

I suspect that there are ways to watch the show worldwide through relay and proxy services. There are probably other threads on this, as it's a far wider issue than just our B&B, and it's a moving issue too with television licensing meaning there are legal considerations too.  However, we do have a recording, and would be happy to play it for you ("bore you with it"  ;) ) if you come and see us.
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 04:44:47 AM »
Here's a link for members who live outside the UK:

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Four-in-a-Bed_31532/

• Liked: 2
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
Here's a link for members who live outside the UK:

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Four-in-a-Bed_31532/
I couldn't figure out how to watch it here.  I guess I'll hope someone uploads the episodes to You Tube.

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »
Watching episode 1 now...... :)
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 11:11:56 AM »
I watched all the remaining episodes this morning as my treat for having a very stressful day yesterday.

You two came across as really nice and welcoming people. Your place looks beautiful and is in a lovely part of the world.  Yes, very business oriented, but crisp and clean and I like that. I'd have given you the full amount for sure!  I loved all of the narrator's internet / computer puns, very cute. 

I thought Knock Castle looked an outstanding establishment but those two just weren't very nice.  :(

I like the idea of glamping, and liked that it was in an apple orchard, but for that price I think breakfast should have been included.  Those two boys did come across as genuine and nice.

The Blackpool ladies also came across as down-to-earth and nice, but I think doggy smell would have made me knock a bit off the price.

I'd stay at your place if I found myself in the area.  :)
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
I like the idea of glamping, and liked that it was in an apple orchard, but for that price I think breakfast should have been included...

I really like the idea of staying in a yurt B&B type place (no idea if their glamping on the show was anything like that or not - I only watched the one episode of Graham & Lisa).  And there are places like that now in the Yorkshire Dales & the Lake District etc, however...

They charge the same prices (or more) as a nice B&B!  :o  So no way would I ever pay the same amount for a 'posh' camping situation when for the same money you can get a comfy indoors bed & private bathroom.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
Thanks, Ladies.   Keri and Ben (the Glamping / Yurts and Bell Tents) only have a 6 month season compared to our all-year, so they have to recover their costs over a shorter period.  Also, most people stay for half a week or a whole week and self cater, and the yurt and tent can sleep more that 2. All of which makes it a bit artificial for them to quote a nightly, peak season, double price which is what is required by the format.

We'll be seeing Ben and Keri again, and I'm stay with Jo if I'm ever working in or near Blackpool.   Don't worry about the doggy smell, as there were exceptional reasons during the week of the recording.

What else?   We came across far too much as "business" - we're delighted to have leisure guests too, but we're a base / touring centre where what you need is quietly to hand rather than a glitzy upmarket place charging glitzy upmarket prices as you rack up your bill for all sorts of extras; a wonderful comparison week to show that!
-- Graham

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:18 PM »
I wanted to wait and see the 5th episode before commenting. I think that all the couples did well. I would stay in any one of them, except the castle in Crieff (which is a bit funny as I love Crieff and am not very far from there).  Chic and Jason did themselves no favors on the show; their behaviors made them look bad.  They were definitely game-playing. 

Graham and Lisa, you are lovely people and I would stay at your place any time.  Well done to both of you.

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
Graham and Lisa, you are lovely people and I would stay at your place any time.  Well done to both of you.
Many thanks ... we're sort of 20 minutes into our 15 minutes of fame - fascinating to look back at the ups and downs of how our web site traffic, facebook, email, twitter and all the rest responded to the shockwaves of a little B&B being thrust into the national limelight for a few days.  The techie bits of that have been written up  here for the first week and
here for the second week.    And my marketing folks  ;D have suggested that I provide an onward link on the end of my various posts to remind people that we're open for leisure guests.   It's here! and I've highlighted Valentine's,Easter and the May public holidays for starters ...
-- Graham

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »
Casting producers currently looking for a UK based American - "Confident / Chatty" to appear in a similar show ... next week ... !  In this case you don't need to run a hotel - just visit.  Not reality, more documentary

Caroline Stewart is the Casting Producer - we know her and this is a good opportunity / good fun; she's cleared it for me to post her details - O203 0406865 | caroline.stewart@studiolambert.com
-- Graham

Sponsored Links