Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What happens after a 'Decision has been made"  (Read 33522 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: What happens after a 'Decision has been made"
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 05:59:37 PM »

Given the US/UK time difference, what time of day did email come?

My first email was sent at 12.47pm, the second at 3.15pm both UK time.

I've been assuming that after 11 am Central Time (5 pm Sheffield) that's it for that day as far as hearing anything.

Not everyone has been getting the second email though. In these cases, UPS arrived at the door with the passport, visa approved.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=78898.0
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=78658.0

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 06:30:09 PM »
Thanks for the response but great news. Right after I posted, my visa was issued!!!

I received the email at 5:44 pm Sheffield (UK) time. Says I will have it tomorrow.

For everyone's reference, here is what the email said:

Dear Applicant,

Your UK visa has been issued.

Delivery times:
USA: Next Day via UPS
Bermuda, Bahamas & Caribbean:
Approx. 2-3 days if you prepaid for Express service
Approx. 2-5 days for mail time to the British Embassy/High Commission

Your passport will be dispatched from the New York office and will be delivered by UPS.

Thanks everyone (and especially you KSAND24) for all the great help! My visa wouldn't have been successful were it not for this forum. Had we listened to the UKBA-approved advisor we saw in December (in Stevenage) we would not be getting an approval, of that I'm sure.

:O)
23 Jan 2013 - Visa application submitted
28 Jan 2013 - Biometrics
29 Jan 2013 - FedEx'd to NYC, Settlement Priority Service
30 Jan 2013 - FedEx confirmed delivery
05 Feb 2013 - First email stating application rec'd in Sheffield, UK and being organized for ECO.
26 Feb 2013 - Email from Sheffield stating "Your visa has been issued." UPS states visa being sent from Sheffield.
28 Feb 2013 - Visa arrives from Sheffield (not NYC as stated in email).

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
Congrats!
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
Congratulations LeonardB!

By way of comparison our "a decision has been made" email states that the passport will be dispatched from the Sheffield office.

It gives a tracking number but I just tried again and it is still coming up as not a valid number so I don't know if someone slipped a digit when entering it or if it is still in the UK.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:33 PM »
My tracking number works. It's UPS and 18 digits/characters. Although it says in the email "USA: Next Day via UPS," UPS shows it coming from Sheffield. It was my understanding that Sheffield only approved the visas and NYC sent them out but this could have changed along with everything else. It's leaving Sheffield today, per UPS, Tuesday (26 Feb 2013) and is due to arrive here, in Chicago, on Thursday (28 Feb 2013).

My friends and colleagues are very supportive, but until someone goes through this process they have no idea how stressful it is. It's time for a drink! ;O)
28 Jan 2013 - Biometrics
05 Feb 2013 - First email stating application rec'd in Sheffield, UK and being organized for ECO.
26 Feb 2013 - Email from Sheffield stating "Your visa has been issued." UPS states visa being sent from Sheffield.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
I should add to my last post that the email also says, "Your passport will be dispatched from the New York office and will be delivered by UPS." Per UPS, this is not the case.
28 Jan 2013 - Biometrics

• Liked: 1
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
Thanks for the response but great news. Right after I posted, my visa was issued!!!

I received the email at 5:44 pm Sheffield (UK) time. Says I will have it tomorrow.

For everyone's reference, here is what the email said:

Dear Applicant,

Your UK visa has been issued.

Delivery times:
USA: Next Day via UPS
Bermuda, Bahamas & Caribbean:
Approx. 2-3 days if you prepaid for Express service
Approx. 2-5 days for mail time to the British Embassy/High Commission

Your passport will be dispatched from the New York office and will be delivered by UPS.

Congratulations, LeonardB!

I received this exact same email, "visa has been issued". UPS tracking shows delivery will be tomorrow (Feb 27th).

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 10:55:28 PM »
Congrats to you, kateds!
28 Jan 2013 - Biometrics

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:38 AM »
My husband and I are in a similar situation.
We were not asked to provide additional evidence but an email arrived this morning informing that a decision has been made and his application and passport are being returned.
I have seen many posts referring to emails where the visa has been issued and a few in which the email states that the application has been unsuccessful but I really don't know in which category we will fall.
Has anyone else received such an email and what was the actual outcome?

I'm absolutely delighted to be able to inform that my husbands visa was approved!!!!
UPS delivered a package containing all the supporting documents and the passport with the visa inside. I keep getting it out to look at it.....it's so pretty!

I'd really like to thank everyone who offered their support during that interminable wait between the "decision" email and the delivery of the passport! Thank you so much.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
I'm absolutely delighted to be able to inform that my husbands visa was approved!!!!
UPS delivered a package containing all the supporting documents and the passport with the visa inside. I keep getting it out to look at it.....it's so pretty!

I'd really like to thank everyone who offered their support during that interminable wait between the "decision" email and the delivery of the passport! Thank you so much.

Congratulations :D!!

See - nothing to worry about :).

It's good to know that the 'decision has been made' email is not necessarily an indication of a visa refusal as had been suspected :). I do wonder why they have not been consistent with the email wording though.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 06:17:08 AM »
Congratulations :D!!

See - nothing to worry about :).

It's good to know that the 'decision has been made' email is not necessarily an indication of a visa refusal as had been suspected :). I do wonder why they have not been consistent with the email wording though.

Thank you!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »
Congratulations Larrabee!! :)

I found it odd that they not only sent back my originals (most of them) but they sent the duplicate set/copies back too, and in quite a bit of disarray. They kept a couple originals as well as the copies of these originals. Odd.
28 Jan 2013 - Biometrics

• Liked: 1
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 11:30:53 PM »
Congratulations Larrabee!! :)

I found it odd that they not only sent back my originals (most of them) but they sent the duplicate set/copies back too, and in quite a bit of disarray. They kept a couple originals as well as the copies of these originals. Odd.

Yes, congrats Larrabee!! So relieved for you.

LeonardB, my documents were sent back with most of the originals and copies, as well.

• just a little whiterabbit
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »
Lots and lots of congrats, everyone who has successfully gotten their visa!! I too have had mine issued!!!!!

I had an email from Sheffield stating:

Dear Applicant,

A decision has been made on Your UK visa application.  Your application has been dispatched from the visa processing centre in Sheffield, UK.

Your passport will be dispatched from the Sheffield Office and will be delivered by UPS.  Your UPS tracking number is........

I was also extremely nervous about being denied because of the wording and tried to figure out exactly what it meant. It seems applicants either get "Your UK visa has been issued..." OR "A decision has been made on your UK visa..." The wording of the "decision" email makes no difference, it just means that some have to hold their breath until the passport is in hand. Way to make us prematurely grey, UKBA!! I wish they'd agree on a standardised email for everyone instead of making us guess!

I'm just so happy to be back with my hubby, dog and family in the UK...and will be starting my new job this Monday!!

Best of luck to you all and hang in there.....you'll get there eventually!
Sept 2012 - married in UK and sent off FLR(M)
Oct 2012 - confirmation of receipt of FLR(M)
8 Nov 2012 - PSW visa expires
December 2012 - FLR(M) returned as invalid, problem with payment
29 Jan 2013 - online settlment visa submitted online
3 Feb 2013 - return to US to make settlement visa
4 Feb 2013 - Biometrics + app with docs sent off Priority
5 Feb 2013 - application signed for at NYC hub
20 Feb 2013 - confirmation letter from Sheffield
26 Feb 2013 - email from Sheffield; visa decision has been made
28 Feb 2013 - visa issued!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links