Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What happens after a 'Decision has been made"  (Read 33558 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: What happens after a 'Decision has been made"
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2013, 01:57:22 AM »
I just got my visa!!! I cannot even begin to explain the feeling of Joy i have. God is just awesome!

Congratulations!!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:33 AM »
Congratulations!!!

Thank you soo much!! I cant stop staring at it. your post brought me to this forum.  :)
4/4/13- submitted online application
4/5/13-Biometrics done
4/10/13- Application received in Sheffield
5/9/13- Decision has been made email
5/13/13- Visa arrived by UPS
6/15/13- Off to live with my hubby
08/31/13- Wedding ceremony in church with all our family and friends!

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2013, 02:09:14 AM »
Thank you soo much!! I cant stop staring at it. your post brought me to this forum.  :)

So happy that it worked out for you!  ;D  I'm glad to have been able to help, even if it was in an indirect way!  ;)

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2013, 02:24:25 AM »
@NYC Heather, i have a feeling that if they request more documents, they don't look at that specific case until the date the docs are due (in our case, 10May). Looking around at this forum and Brit Expatforum.com, the fact that they asked for more docs is a good thing, since they would've denied our visas if what they did have cast doubt on our eligibility for said visa.

i wish they would at least email me back saying they received all the docs and it will be X amount of days before i should expect an answer. I feel so helpless and frustrated, going insane reading into every little quip put on these forums....anyway, good luck to you, keep me updated, and hopefully we get some (ANY!) news by the end of the week

So yesterday I got so worried I decided to email Sheffield and ask if my documents were put with me visa, I got a response this morning saying they had been received and given to the officer looking over my application. This was a positive sign, at least they are looking at my visa. Any news on yours?
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC
Oct 12 2012- married :)
Mar 18 2013- completed visa application
Mar 25 2013- biometric appointment
Apr 11 2013- email that visa was in Sheffield
Apr 26 2013- email asking for more information
May 01 2013- confirmation for information received (from post office, I didn't hear anything from visa office)
May 13 2013- emailed Sheffield asking if info had been placed with my visa
May 14 2013- emailed from Sheffield info with visa
May 17 2013- Attempted UPS delivery
May 20 2013- Visa arrived!!

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »
no notifcations yet...can I ask what email you used? I emailed asking for confirmation on 9MAY and haven't heard anything! eek that worries me...
3/29: online Fiance Visa application
4/1: Biometrics appt
4/2: mailed Application Packet to NY
4/3: USPS confirmed recipt of app in NY
4/19: received email that Application at Sheffield UK processing centre
4/25: received request for more docs
5/4: emailed the requested documents
5/14: emailed Sheffield asking if they received documents
5/15: received email stating they had NOT received docs (asked me to email again)
5/21: emailed Sheffield asking about App/docs
5/22: received email that Visa had been Issued and given UPS tracking #

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
Hi everbody - I just wanted to let you know that I got The email this morning letting me know that a decision has been made in my case.

They requested more information on Monday and I emailed it back to them the same day.

Now I got a decision very quickly. I guess it depends on which person you get reviewing your case or maybe since I got the stuff back before he moved onto another case he just went ahead and completed it.

I was worried when I saw on here that you reckon that when they request more info and give you 10 days to provide it that they don't pick your case up again until the end of the 10 days.

Of course, I don't know if it is approved or denied but I assume since I complied with their request and there really is no reason to deny me that it is approved.

I'm so relieved. We have to be out of our house on June 3.  At least we know we can make plans soon!

Thanks to everybody for the support and advice. xo
*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 2006 married in Scotland
*Nov 2006 moved to the Netherlands
*Nov 2009 moved to the US
*April 17 2013 - VAF4 online visa Application filed (not priority)
*April 24 2013 - Biometrics
*April 29 2013 - VAF4 spousal visa supporting documents received in UKBA NY Hub
*May 10 2013 - Received receipt email from Sheffield.
*May 13 - Em requested additional information
*May 15 - Em from Sheffield  decision made
*May 17 - Passport returned w/ visa!
*June 07 - Entered UK

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »
Hi everbody - I just wanted to let you know that I got The email this morning letting me know that a decision has been made in my case.

They requested more information on Monday and I emailed it back to them the same day.

Now I got a decision very quickly. I guess it depends on which person you get reviewing your case or maybe since I got the stuff back before he moved onto another case he just went ahead and completed it.

I was worried when I saw on here that you reckon that when they request more info and give you 10 days to provide it that they don't pick your case up again until the end of the 10 days.

Of course, I don't know if it is approved or denied but I assume since I complied with their request and there really is no reason to deny me that it is approved.

I'm so relieved. We have to be out of our house on June 3.  At least we know we can make plans soon!

Thanks to everybody for the support and advice. xo

So far, so good!!! ;)
Have you tracked your package to see when it will arrive? Our tracking number didn't work so it made the whole thing that bit more excruciating!
Please keep us posted. :)

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
Received the email confirmation from Sheffield today!
Was received in NY 29 April. Email from Sheffield 10 May. Longer than most, but it did arrive. Hopefully this will comfort others with a long wait.

;D

Can I ask what additional info they asked for? I was asked to send extra bank statements at the beginning of May.. I had them there next day and still haven't heard if I've been approved. My husband (and sponsor) makes more then the required amount so I'm just getting nervous reading that people have gotten their decision already. 
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC
May 01 2013- confirmation for information received (from post office, I didn't hear anything from visa office)

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
no notifcations yet...can I ask what email you used? I emailed asking for confirmation on 9MAY and haven't heard anything! eek that worries me...

I used the email given to me in the email requesting the extra info. Not sure if its the same for you. visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »
They asked for additional bank statements and for proof my sister-in-law (who we will stay with when we first arrive) owns her home.

I wouldn't worry too much if you provided them with the information they asked for it. I think it proably depends on which inspector you get. It just sucks they have kept you waiting for so long.

I have tracked the package already (of course) but it only said the label has been printed. Not sure if it will be in the system until tomorrow. But I will keep trying. At least the tracking number works.
*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 07 - Entered UK

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
They asked for additional bank statements and for proof my sister-in-law (who we will stay with when we first arrive) owns her home.

I wouldn't worry too much if you provided them with the information they asked for it. I think it proably depends on which inspector you get. It just sucks they have kept you waiting for so long.

I have tracked the package already (of course) but it only said the label has been printed. Not sure if it will be in the system until tomorrow. But I will keep trying. At least the tracking number works.

Thanks for the info. It's reassuring to know that people have been in the same situation. Good luck with your move!
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »
I used the email given to me in the email requesting the extra info. Not sure if its the same for you. visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

@NYC Heather, ok so i just emailed them with the address you gave me and got an automated reply saying they aim to respond in 2 days blah blah blah...the email i got on the 19APR and 25APR asking for more documents was VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
those emails were signed by a case officer so i assume that this is his email at the processing center, but then again, there is nothing distinguishing about the email address. This is so frustrating..
5/15: received email stating they had NOT received docs (asked me to email again)

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

@cullyvan that's quite exciting, so happy for you! I emailed more bank statements/work pay slips/land registry (since we're staying with my fiance's parents for a couple months) on 4MAY and still havent heard anything... I think it is up to each individual case officer like you said, but at the same time it worries me that you got yours looked at so quickly after sending the xtra docs...

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »
@cullyvan that's quite exciting, so happy for you! I emailed more bank statements/work pay slips/land registry (since we're staying with my fiance's parents for a couple months) on 4MAY and still havent heard anything... I think it is up to each individual case officer like you said, but at the same time it worries me that you got yours looked at so quickly after sending the xtra docs...

Yeah I know it is strange but it could equally be that they reached a decision so quickly in my case because they decided to reject it. I hope not, but you never know. We will know definately in a few days. I'll be sure to keep you all posted.
*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 07 - Entered UK

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
@NYC Heather, ok so i just emailed them with the address you gave me and got an automated reply saying they aim to respond in 2 days blah blah blah...the email i got on the 19APR and 25APR asking for more documents was VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
those emails were signed by a case officer so i assume that this is his email at the processing center, but then again, there is nothing distinguishing about the email address. This is so frustrating..

woke up this morning to a response to my email saying they never received the email with my additional documents which i sent on 4MAY! They said a decision had not yet been made on my application and asked for me to send the documents again. UNBELIEVABLE. i shot off the email with the attachments right away (5:50amPST), and asked for confirmation (which i had asked for on the 4th and never got). At 7:41amPST i got an email saying they had received my documents and that they would be placed with my application for review by my case officer. So for the last 8 business days they've not thought to email me saying they never received my documents, or for the matter, initially provide me with a correct email address to send those documents.

I am just flabbergasted because this was clearly a human error on the part of my case officer, and i just hope he's not a complete moron. My fiance is fuming and is ready to drive to Sheffield and wreak havoc.

Sponsored Links