Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What happens after a 'Decision has been made"  (Read 33552 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: What happens after a 'Decision has been made"
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »
@Kaistow - So sorry they lost your email! That's horrible. Good thing you checked within the 10 days. Hopefully it will go quickly now.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my passport back yesterday with approved visa included.

So overall very quick processing. Three weeks from the day it was received in NY and that includes a request for more info. I'm thrilled.

The valid date is also from the issue date and not the travel date I requested which means we don't have to hang around here two more weeks after we have to be out of our house.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? 
Good luck to all of you still waiting! It will work out.
Best,
Aimee
*2004 Met in Belgium
*June 2006 married in Scotland
*Nov 2006 moved to the Netherlands
*Nov 2009 moved to the US
*April 17 2013 - VAF4 online visa Application filed (not priority)
*April 24 2013 - Biometrics
*April 29 2013 - VAF4 spousal visa supporting documents received in UKBA NY Hub
*May 10 2013 - Received receipt email from Sheffield.
*May 13 - Em requested additional information
*May 15 - Em from Sheffield  decision made
*May 17 - Passport returned w/ visa!
*June 07 - Entered UK

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
@Kaistow, that's awful! I'm glad they got back to you on the other email.

I received an update from UPS yesterday evening telling me they had tried to deliver, it ended up being my visa which now I have to wait until Monday and take the day off from work to wait at home for it. I didn't receive any notice from Sheffield so I'm not sure what the outcome is going to be, I'm hoping for the best. Will keep everyone updated. :)
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC
Oct 12 2012- married :)
Mar 18 2013- completed visa application
Mar 25 2013- biometric appointment
Apr 11 2013- email that visa was in Sheffield
Apr 26 2013- email asking for more information
May 01 2013- confirmation for information received (from post office, I didn't hear anything from visa office)
May 13 2013- emailed Sheffield asking if info had been placed with my visa
May 14 2013- emailed from Sheffield info with visa
May 17 2013- Attempted UPS delivery
May 20 2013- Visa arrived!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my passport back yesterday with approved visa included.

Congratulations!!!! ;D

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
@Kaistow, that's awful! I'm glad they got back to you on the other email.

I received an update from UPS yesterday evening telling me they had tried to deliver, it ended up being my visa which now I have to wait until Monday and take the day off from work to wait at home for it. I didn't receive any notice from Sheffield so I'm not sure what the outcome is going to be, I'm hoping for the best. Will keep everyone updated. :)
@NYC Heather, any news? I sent them an "im concerned/just checking you guys have your sh*t together" kind of email yesterday. Got an email this morning expressing apologies at their mistake, and letting me know MY VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED! 10 minutes later i got the email with the UPS tracking #!
3/29: online Fiance Visa application
4/1: Biometrics appt
4/2: mailed Application Packet to NY
4/3: USPS confirmed recipt of app in NY
4/19: received email that Application at Sheffield UK processing centre
4/25: received request for more docs
5/4: emailed the requested documents
5/14: emailed Sheffield asking if they received documents
5/15: received email stating they had NOT received docs (asked me to email again)
5/21: emailed Sheffield asking about App/docs
5/22: received email that Visa had been Issued and given UPS tracking #

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
@NYC Heather, any news? I sent them an "im concerned/just checking you guys have your sh*t together" kind of email yesterday. Got an email this morning expressing apologies at their mistake, and letting me know MY VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED! 10 minutes later i got the email with the UPS tracking #!

So happy for you!!!
Congratulations. [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
So happy for you!!!
Congratulations. [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

Thanks larrabee! i don't think i'll be 100% happy until i smell that crisp English air...ok well maybe until i at least have my passport in hand. It just goes to show there is no harm in being a bit proactive and pestering them (in a polite/professional way) Even if they don't respond, at least they know you're keeping tabs
5/15: received email stating they had NOT received docs (asked me to email again)

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
My package arrived after waiting at home for UPS all day and my visa was inside! They gave most of my paper work back, they only kept a copy of my marriage certificate and copies of my passport and copies of my husbands passports/visa! Can't wait to get to the UK! I still can't believe I didn't get an email letting me know that they were sending it out to me, if they would have I would have been able to leave on my intended travel date.
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC
May 01 2013- confirmation for information received (from post office, I didn't hear anything from visa office)

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
My package arrived after waiting at home for UPS all day and my visa was inside! They gave most of my paper work back, they only kept a copy of my marriage certificate and copies of my passport and copies of my husbands passports/visa! Can't wait to get to the UK! I still can't believe I didn't get an email letting me know that they were sending it out to me, if they would have I would have been able to leave on my intended travel date.

That is odd they never sent you the "decision has been made/UPS email." That's a bummer, so did you have to switch your flight? or were you waiting to book until you got approval? I just booked my flight. leaving on the 3June with my future in-laws, since they're out here visiting their other son (who married an American as well, lol). So we get to fly back to England together and my fiance is meeting us at the airport. I'm just relieved for all of us who were waiting anxiously the past couple weeks, it certainly has been trying

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »

Congratulations Heather!!! ;D

« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2013, 11:55:02 PM »
That is odd they never sent you the "decision has been made/UPS email." That's a bummer, so did you have to switch your flight? or were you waiting to book until you got approval? I just booked my flight. leaving on the 3June with my future in-laws, since they're out here visiting their other son (who married an American as well, lol). So we get to fly back to England together and my fiance is meeting us at the airport. I'm just relieved for all of us who were waiting anxiously the past couple weeks, it certainly has been trying

I know, it's really strange I didn't get an email. I did have to change my flight I had planned on leaving 19May, but since I missed the first delivery from UPS I couldn't go. I'm super lucky that my husband works for an airline so I can book standby. I haven't picked a date yet but I'm thinking about spending most of the summer in NYC and make a permeant move at the end of July. Congrats on your visa! Have a wonderful trip and beautiful wedding!!
Oct 31 2010- met in NYC

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »
Hello everyone :) Im new to the thread. I applied for my visit visa to get married in the UK in July 2012. It took forever and I got denied for lack of documents. I reapplied with  the documents and expedited it and had my visa in 2 days. I just applied for my settlement visa in Sheffield.

Timeline for Settlement with Priority Processing
Online application 5/29/13
Biometrics appointment 5/31/13
Package mailed via Fedex Global Priority 6/3/13
Email that package was received 6/5/13
Email that application was expedited 6/5/13
Email that decision had been made 6/7/13

I had to email them my fedex account number for the waybill because I only included my credit card number. I asked in the email if the visa had been approved or denied and they emailed back that it was approved. WOOHOO! I just found out about 15 minutes ago.

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2013, 01:35:37 PM »
I just got my visa!!! I cannot even begin to explain the feeling of Joy i have. God is just awesome!

Hey! Your post interested me, because my fiance and I are scheduled to be married on August 31st, 2013. Did you apply for the spousal or fiance visa to go to England? I applied for the spousal visa on July 11th and am still waiting to hear back. I don't know if I should have applied for that one or the fiance one though...I am a bit frustrated.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »
Hey! Your post interested me, because my fiance and I are scheduled to be married on August 31st, 2013. Did you apply for the spousal or fiance visa to go to England? I applied for the spousal visa on July 11th and am still waiting to hear back. I don't know if I should have applied for that one or the fiance one though...I am a bit frustrated.

As stated in your other thread, you applied for the wrong visa.  You can't apply for a spouse visa before you are actually married.

urgent help needed.
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »
Hello all ,
I applied my EEA Family permit from Stockholm , Sweden on 10.11.2014.
Today i got an email stating that your application has been assessed and the decision has been made. your passport and decision will be sent to you by mail to the address you provided.

but they havent mentioned any decision whether its positive or negative. what does this mean .. this is very confusing email. anybody had this kind of email. ?

• Liked: 47
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
I can't speak for EEA permits because we see less of those here, but essentially everyone applying for spousal visas nowadays gets that email. It means exactly what it says. Neither positive or negative. Just letting you know that your stuff is on its way back to you. You won't find out for sure if it's been approved until you get it.

I wouldn't worry about it. As is frequently noted on here, this stuff is an exercise in ticking the boxes. If you qualify, it'll be granted. :)
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

Sponsored Links