Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question about the online spousal visa application  (Read 773 times)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
Question about the online spousal visa application
« on: October 12, 2004, 11:00:45 AM »
It asks for your first name (in both sections, the one for you and the one for your sponsor/husband), then it asks for your last name, then it asks for other names.  It doesn't give a slot for middle names.  Is it asking for middle names here?  Is this asking for aliases if you have had any? Is this asking for maiden (and/or previous married names) in my case (and, if that is the case, why on earth would it ask it from my husband, seeing that he has always only had ONE last name)?  So, um, WHAT IS IT?  I've just put our middle names with a dash out to the side that says "middle name".  But, I can change it, since I've saved the app online.  I'd really like to know exactly what they are asking for.

Thanks - in advance - once again! ;D
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

• Liked: 1
Re: Question about the online spousal visa application
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:04:58 AM »
Well what i did was:

First name: Amy Kathleen
Last Name: Maiden Name

Kathleen is my middle name, and i've never been known by any other name.  my guess, in your hubby's sake, is if his name was something like:

Wilmer Jon Winters

and went by Wilmer Winters until he was 18 then decided he wanted Jon included as well, so he changed his name and how he was known to WJ Winters.

Anyway, i did it like the above and it was fine!

• Journal
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 11:12:16 AM »
When it asks for "other names", it means alternate names/aliases, not middle names.  If you want to include your middle name, put it with your first name.  Else you risk complications when you reach the questions asking if you've ever been known by any other name later on, and on the ILR app, and you say 'no', when they have this on record.  :)
"I will do this.  Nothing in my life matters except this.  I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."  -Raistlin Majere

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 11:27:07 AM »
When it asks for "other names", it means alternate names/aliases, not middle names.  If you want to include your middle name, put it with your first name.  Else you risk complications when you reach the questions asking if you've ever been known by any other name later on, and on the ILR app, and you say 'no', when they have this on record.  :)

Well, I have been known by my maiden name (years and years ago now...man, I feel old, LOL), and, then, of course, I was known by the lousy name my ex-husband conferred upon me.  Should I list these because they will be able to see by my birth certificate, my divorce decree, the lease agreement, and the original name on my passport (although I have had that ammended while here...but, as everyone knows it still has the name that I got the passport in, it just carries an official stamp from the US embassy now that says this passport was ammended to change the bearer's name, ect") that I have, indeed, been known before by other names?  I figure they are smart enough to figure this out.  Perhaps I am just making too big of deal about it, but I am just so torn up and terrified that I will do something wrong and not get it that I want to make sure I do EVERYTHING right.

I'm such a mess right now...I can't stop crying. :\\\'(  Hmmm....something not quite as effective about a pumpkin crying instead of a face.  I know that somehow it will all work out but right now I can't see it.  I'm just so scared that they won't let me back here.  I'm having trouble sleeping, like I said, I cry all the time...I'm a total mess.  But, anyway....I guess I should really get a grip...being upset isn't going to help me get the visa, is it?  But, anyway...u'm, back to the question.  Should I list my maiden and previous married name where it asks for "other names"?  Or should I just leave the thing blank?

In turmoil,
~Autumn
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 11:57:15 AM »
Autumn, honey, relax!! I haven't followed your whole story but I don't think you have anything any more complicated than the average person.

I'm going to go back and read this whole thread to make sure, but, please, don't work yourself up! That's what might cause you to make an error!

Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath Deep breath    :)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 12:11:54 PM »
OK, read your first post... I agree... put your first and middle names on the 'first name' line, and then in the 'other names' space, put your maiden and first married names and label them as such. I wouldn't label your middle name as 'middle name'.

So:

First: Autumn Dawn
Surname: Newmarriedname

Other: Autumn Dawn Maiden (this was my maiden name)
Autumn Dawn Stupidexesname (this was my name after my first marriage)

:)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Journal
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 12:45:10 PM »
OK, read your first post... I agree... put your first and middle names on the 'first name' line, and then in the 'other names' space, put your maiden and first married names and label them as such. I wouldn't label your middle name as 'middle name'.

So:

First: Autumn Dawn
Surname: Newmarriedname

Other: Autumn Dawn Maiden (this was my maiden name)
Autumn Dawn Stupidexesname (this was my name after my first marriage)

:)

What she said.  And breathe, darling, breathe!  I know it's so easy to get stressed out about these things, but it's really nada to worry about.  You'll have your visa and be back here in the UK in no time. 

Best wishes to you.  :)
"I will do this.  Nothing in my life matters except this.  I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."  -Raistlin Majere

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 01:14:18 PM »
I just went to the London Embassy in New York, I had my exmarried name on my passport and  I am remarried to my English husband and I also just use my maiden name, so it was all a bit confusing.  When I filled out the form I just put all my names down and to my suprise I was granted my visa with no problems.  My Visa was issued with my exmarried name, which matches my passport, but that is no big deal since it can all be change at a later date.  It will be such a great relief for you when your visa process is complete.  Good luck and stay strong!!!!!!!!!!1

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 10:18:21 PM »
Thanks for all the support, everyone.  ~~HUGE HUGS~~  I feel better now.  There's not room on the online app to type everything in, but I suppose when I print the thing out to send it to the consulate with the rest of the supporting documents and letters that there will be room (off to the side) to write in clarification that the "other names" are my maiden and ex-married names (which will, obviously, be supported by my passport, divorce decree, and birth certificate).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab