Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re: HELP!! Marriage laws and Spouse visa  (Read 1817 times)

Re: HELP!! Marriage laws and Spouse visa
« on: May 03, 2003, 10:03:56 AM »

QUESTION 1. Do I need to reapply to go over or is the other time we did this still good?

Did you apply and get a citizenship status in the UK?  If so, then no.  You are a citizen and would be fine to enter.  If you had Indefinite Leave to Remain, you would need to reapply as ILR expires if you leave the country for more than 2 years.

QUESTION 2. If I do need to reapply, must I do so before I go? Because it would be so easy to go as I have a home there to go to and all that. Our entire family from his side is there and his parents would help us get our own house.

Technically, yes, you need to reapply before you go.

QUESTION 3.  One of the kids went over last month for some school interviews. She has decided to stay with her grandparents an attend mid-wifery school. No problem, as she actually has a British birth certificate and passport. Here is the question part?? Her boyfriend went with her for a few weeks. Now that she has been accepted and is staying, he wants to stay with her. He proposed, she accepted, can he stay?? Her grandparents want to give them a big wedding?? IS this legal?  Assuming it is, after the wedding, would he need to leave while applying for the spouse visa?
She is 18 and he is 21 if that matters.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP//Sherrie  

If he wishes to stay, he should apply for a fiance visa which will give him leave to remain in the UK for 6 months.  Once he and your daughter are married, he can then get a spousal visa, which I understand now lasts for 2 years.  Yes, it's all legal if you mind the p's and q's and go through the proper channels and hoops.  You'll be ok!

All the best!

Sponsored Links