Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More Fiance visa questions....  (Read 606 times)

• Liked: 0
More Fiance visa questions....
« on: October 15, 2004, 01:25:01 AM »
So I am planning on moving to London to join my fiance who is from there. I just wanted to know how long it takes after applying to get a response (whether i get the visa or not) and what is the best way to apply. I was planning on filling out the application and paying for it online then going in person to give them the necessary documents because i am more comfortable with that than mailing the application and the documents like my passport and such. Is it really better to apply by mail than in person? I live right in New York so its not an issue for me to do it in person as it might be a hassle for some, I just wanted to know the best way to apply and how long it takes to hear an answer cause that will dictate when i plan on leaving my job and planning the move. I am new to all of this so please bear with me!!!! Thanks for listening!!

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: More Fiance visa questions....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 01:40:57 AM »
If you live close to the consulate and can apply in person, provided it's a straightforward application, you should get your visa that day.  I hand delivered mine to the Embassy in DC (when they were still accepting apps) and had my visa and documents returned via mail within a week (including a public holiday!).
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Liked: 8
Re: More Fiance visa questions....
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 07:36:35 AM »
I applied at the NYC consulate (before there was an appointment system) and I had my visa in about 4 hours from start to finish.  If you're right there in the city, I'd say go in person.  You could save yourself a couple of weeks of waiting!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab