Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The UK's Newest CITIZEN...uh, yep, that'd be me!  (Read 1198 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: The UK's Newest CITIZEN...uh, yep, that'd be me!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 09:27:09 AM »
Lol at Mr. Nibbles!

Congrats Wish!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 10:12:56 AM »
Wishstar,

Congrats from another UK-Yank naturalised Brit!

And be sure when you get your UK passport, to put it in one of those cheesey leatherette carriers. I never did with mine and all the pretty gold lettering and the royal coat of arms on the front have rubbed almost completely off.

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 12:56:55 PM »
Worryingly, the day after Wishstar got her letter, her teeth began to wobble and she developed a tremendous thirst for blackcurrant-flavored drinks, along with a grim determination to stay in on Saturday night and watch Casualty.

For anyone who's gone though the citizenship process, can you tell me - is this normal? And if so, will it get worse?  [smiley=anxious.gif]

You wish! 

My teeth may get wobbley and I may even develop an affection for Casualty (god help me!) but I will never EVER have a thirst for blackcurrant anything.  That I can promise.  Sorry, but it just ain't happenin'.  Blech!  :)

Hey misch, thanks for the tip.  I may just do that!  Won't we be just the cutest with matching wallets.  Oooo I can't wait!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab