Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: From Washington DC to London  (Read 916 times)

• Liked: 0
From Washington DC to London
« on: May 06, 2003, 11:11:50 PM »
Hello all!

I've really found this forum useful as I've prepped for the move to London.  My husband was offered a transfer, and we just couldn't refuse!  Now it's down to brass tacks, though.  We've gone from abstractly imagining our lives there, to scheduling a "visual survey" by the moving company in preparation to ship the goods on over!

We plan to board the plane around June 10 - Hello London!

My husband is there now, attending some meetings and doing some legwork to smooth the way.  He has some appointments to speak with some agents regarding a short let (4 weeks) that we can live in until we decide where we want to rent long term.

Strangely enough, I really haven't done any substantive networking to find my own employment.  I think maybe I'm subconsciously feeling the need for a short break from the work world.  And it's the greatest luxury ever to actually do that in practice!  Being married has some fab perks!  ;)
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: From Washington DC to London
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 10:05:30 AM »
Welcome Lori. My husband and I were just in the DC area visiting family. We usually get there about once a year. One of my fave places to visit. And of course, we always make our annual pilgrimage to Rosslyn Tower. We ride the metro and get off at Rosslyn, go up the escalator, then come down and get on the next metro to continue our journey. Wouldn't be a DC trip without that, and driving past the old home (1960-64) in McLean.

Have fun in your move...sounds like you have just the right frame of mind for the adventure!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: From Washington DC to London
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 10:14:11 PM »
Hi Lori, and welcome to the sight...I am in the DC area now myself...waiting to move to northern england later this summer after my fiance and I get married..

good luck on your move and hope you enjoy the site

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links