Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How much money do I need save?  (Read 1449 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
How much money do I need save?
« on: May 07, 2003, 01:04:53 AM »
How much money do I need to have to move to UK (Ie like 30,000 dollers) and  how much money does it cost to live there for a year? cause I'm saving some money right now and I was just wandering how much money I should be saving.

By the way how much do visas cost?
And do you have to have a lawyer?

• Unavailable for Comment.
Re: How much money do I need save?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 09:26:24 PM »
Well first of all, may I ask why you're coming to the UK? Marriage? School? Asylum seeker?  

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 11:43:58 PM »
Asylum seeker?  

LOL Ashley.   ;D

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 11:49:49 PM »
Well first of all, may I ask why you're coming to the UK? Marriage? School? Asylum seeker?

To work and to settle.

By the way whats the difference between work and settle in UK because when I was on the net looking at the UK visa web site I saw two different applications on there one was the work application and the other was Settlement.

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 12:16:37 AM »

LOL Ashley.   ;D

Well, you know, you have to ask sometimes.

Okay, I don't know much on settling here on the basis of work. I do know that you'll have to get a visa through your job. They pay for the visa. As far as how much you need to live here, it depends on how well you want to live.  ;)

I find that things are more expensive here. Housing is really high at the moment, it costs an arm and leg to have a car, and don't even get me started on the cost of clothes.

You'll want to have a little saved up to get you started on the right foot but if you're working, then you'll have money coming in, so you won't have to save up for the whole time. (although, you might not want to listen to me, I destroyed my credit a long time ago)

Keep in mind the exchange rate. It's currently $1.75 per pound.

As far as getting a lawyer, I know a lot of people who recommend it. From what I understand, it makes things a lot easier. We didn't use one but that's because we couldn't afford one. Look into one, see the prices. If you're moving here only for the hell of it, you'll most likely need one. If your job is in high demand (ie. doctors and such) you might have an easier time of it.

Just a small note: I'm not a lawyer or immigration officer or anything of the sort. So you should check on everything I said because it may be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 12:18:44 AM by Ashley »
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab