Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Feeling guilty for not visiting on the heels of 2 recent visits......  (Read 2133 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi folks. Haven't posted in a while but since I did there has been good news. Have started the US immigration spousal visa process now that DOMA has been declared unconstitutional. We decided that it was better for our family to live in the US as I already have a steady job here and a home.
ANYHOW......
Due to being off working on a medical work injury (neck problem) I have been able to visit the UK to see my spouse quite regularly. We got married in April; thereafter I visited in May-June and June to July. I really haven't been home since the wedding and got to a point where I missed home, my dog and generally my life as I know it. IT is very hard financially to spend time in the UK with the exchange rate so money was going like wildfire even though we were mostly staying in and only took a brief vacation to Cornwall.
We had hoped to spend August together along with my daughter (shared custody) who lives in Florida. After the costs of these back to back trips as well as the wedding, I was spent literally and figuratively. It would be double everything to bring her. Also my spouse and I have had some rough bumps since we got married and have argued more than I like. I didn't want to subject my 8 year old to any tension and quite frankly I was tired of traveling 5000 miles to have disagreements, which I know are normal, it's just that it was waring on me.
When I discussed this with my spouse she was upset and disappointed. I tried to convey that I was home sick and just needed a recharge (again literally and figuratively). She then decided to take her daughter to Spain to "make the best of it". IT felt punitive and honestly it didn't help the budget any.
But I am feeling some quilt. I love her dearly.
Any advise? Have any of you experienced a "burn out" of travel. I realize that I am one of the lucky ones to even visit so often and that makes me feel guilty as well!

Sponsored Links