Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Odd stamp in passport, is this my visa???  (Read 2135 times)

• Liked: 0
Odd stamp in passport, is this my visa???
« on: August 21, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
Hello,

I am hoping one of you who has gone through this process before can help me. I applied for a settlement/marriage visa earlier this summer and my passport was returned today. I have had a Tier 2 visa before, which was a full-page sticker with my photo and everything. The only mark in my passport this time is a small stamp with two lines. On the first line it says 'UK 01/08/2013' (the date is written in pen) and the second line says 'UKVS Sheffield'. Above the stamp '15453' is written in pen.

Is this my visa?? My supporting documents were returned but they kept the photos and the application. There was no rejection letter or other correspondence with the documents.

Any clues you may have would be most appreciated. I'm supposed to fly tomorrow but am afraid to get turned away at Heathrow if this mysterious stamp isn't actually a visa.

Thank you!!

• Liked: 3589
Re: Odd stamp in passport, is this my visa???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »
Your new visa will look exactly the same as your old Tier 2 visa, but with a different category on it (settlement instead of Tier 2).

It is a sticker in your passport with your photo on it - like this:
http://www.marriagevisahelp.com/images/Uk-marriage-visa-sample.JPG

Are you sure there's no new visa sticker anywhere in your passport... or alternatively that there's no rejection letter amongst your documents?

A couple of people recently have thought they didn't receive a letter with their documents, but have then found it amongst the paperwork.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:47 PM »
I have one of those (with 704 hand-written) in my passport, in addition to the visa sticker.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:43:41 AM »
I have one of these too in addition to my visa sticker.  Does it mean anything? 
Will be flying over Monday and this had me a bit concerned.   ???

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
I was granted a visitors visa for 6 months to remain in the UK from a non-eu country.  I then flew to Paris from here and again got 6 months but this time there was a coded stamp on the entry clearance starting with P..."PAH"....Can anyone help concerning this pls? It's very urgent.  Thanks a lot guys.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »
Do you have a photo of the stamp?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab