Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Fee  (Read 744 times)

• Liked: 0
Spousal Visa Fee
« on: October 23, 2004, 10:55:49 AM »
Hi,

My husband and I are going back to Chicago to get my Spousal Visa.  Do you need to bring the $ in cash?

Thanks,

Sheri

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Spousal Visa Fee
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 12:57:53 PM »
It will need to be in cash or a post order....unless they've changed the rules recently.  They didn't take credit cards or checks when we did ours.

Good luck!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:45:40 PM »
We applied at the NYC consulate and paid in cash, but I did notice that they had little Mastercard/Visa/AmEx stickers on the cashier's window, so that consulate does take credit cards.  If in doubt, though, just take cash.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 06:23:05 PM »
My husband and I are going back to Chicago to get my Spousal Visa.  Do you need to bring the $ in cash?

Thanks,

Sheri

Hi Sheri,
Is there a reason you and your husband are coming back to America for your spousal visa? Did you bipass the fiance visa? If you did, did the registry ask questions when you got married? I know it's not illegal to get married on a passport/tourist visa but I've heard immigration frowns apon it and will ask questions. I wouldn't mind doing it that way but  I'm kinda scared to so I was just going to go for the fiance visa first. :-\\\\

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »
They do take cards at the Chicago consulate.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 12:43:54 PM »
Thanks for all the info.

I did get married on a tourist visa.  The office in Dorset did not seem to care at all.  They did point out the fact that I would need to go back to the USA for my spousal visa. 

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 08:40:15 PM »
We applied online via the e-Fasttrack option for an Unmarried Partner Visa. [Unmarried Partners of same-sex (and I would think, heterosexual couples too - but don't quote me on that) are given the same rights as spouses.]  We used our credit card online to pay, printed TWO copies, printed out the email saying that payment had been processed, and took that and our other documentation/evidence to Chicago. Very easy!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab