Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally I am on my way!  (Read 2869 times)

• Don't let your life pass you by!
  • Liked: 0
Finally I am on my way!
« on: May 31, 2002, 04:43:25 PM »
Hey Everyone!
Got my spouse visa yesterday and found an awesome flight on Virgin for $250 and I am flying out tomorrow.  I can't believe it!  Isn't it funny how we stress out and then all of the sudden it all comes together.  I will be in London on June 2 and will be in touch when I arrive! :)
Thanks to all of you for the advice and kind thoughts.  Rowley is so excited.  This is the longest we have ever been apart.  I called him on his mobile with the good news yesterday and he was in Tesco's (assume stocking up before the bank holiday as all good Brits do!).  He was nearly crying in the Tesco.  HOORAY!  YIPPEE! ON MY WAY!
Cheers and Happy Jubilee!
Tammy
BE NICE OR BE GONE!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Finally I am on my way!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 05:04:29 PM »
THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And holy crap, $250 for your ticket? Oh I'm GREEN with envy!!! But so, so SO happy for you! Now hurry up and get settled so we can get craacking on this party on the 19th!!

BIG HUGS TO YOU!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Don't let your life pass you by!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 05:08:35 PM »
Thanks! Did you get your flight yet?  If not, check out autoeurope.com.  They have great deals. I can give a direct contact there too. Her name is Shelly.  Oh, let's wait until my tickets arrive this morning before I recommend them.  I will get going on the party too!
Cheers!
Tammy
BE NICE OR BE GONE!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 05:14:32 PM »
Congratulations!  When I got my fiance visa I just stared at it for hours  ;)  I can't belive you found a ticket for that at this time of the year!  I suppose that it just goes to show that things happen when they were suppose to.  If your visa had come earlier, you might have had to pay a ransom to get over.
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 05:51:46 PM »
Got my spouse visa yesterday and found an awesome flight on Virgin for $250 and I am flying out tomorrow.

That's fantastic news!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

(Just so you know, because we couldn't all meet you at the airport, we've arranged a little celebration for your arrival. Sorry they're not all American flags, but at this short notice, the only thing red-white-blue in this country has an "X" through it. But the sentiment is there.)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2002, 05:33:11 PM »
See you and Rowley soon Tammy.  :)  8)

Cheers and have a safe flight.

Yvonne & Glen
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2002, 05:08:29 PM »
Great news Tammy, and by now it's a "big welcome to the UK!!" I hope everything has gone alright for you, and hope you're settling in alright.  :)

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2002, 07:22:15 PM »
Congrats, Tammy.  I'm sooooo jealous!  But wish you a safe journey.  We are all rejoicing with you.  

• The Powerpuff Girls can save the day!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2002, 07:27:03 PM »
Has anyone heard if she got in ok.....hope you are having a great reunion!   :)
UK via NJ, VT, CT, RI and MA

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 08:00:03 PM »
congrats and welcome!  I hope your flight went well and you got to enjoy a few days of the holiday!  

Sponsored Links