Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: anyone flown pets Orlando to Gatwick?  (Read 1094 times)

• Liked: 0
anyone flown pets Orlando to Gatwick?
« on: September 17, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »
In March 2012 I flew my dogs from London Gatwick to Orlando unaccompanied.  I'm planning on going back to the UK and want to ship dogs ahead of me sometime in early November.

Wondering if it is possible to send them unaccompanied the reverse way.  I could always get my husband to fly from the UK to the US to fly back with the dogs if needed.

I am aware the 6 month wait doesn't apply anymore.  My dogs were microchipped years ago.  Their current rabies was done in June 2013.  My understanding is they can fly 21 days after rabies vaccination. Then get the travel health certificate signed by my vet and state USDA office.  Tapeworm treatment before travel.  Am I missing anything?

• Liked: 4985
Re: anyone flown pets Orlando to Gatwick?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
I flew my cats Tampa to Gatwick unaccompanied with BA.  I looked at Orlando as well as Virgin was an option from there to get some additional quotes.  The costs were comparable so I went with Tampa as my parents were running them around and it was easier for them. 

• Liked: 0
Re: anyone flown pets Orlando to Gatwick?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
KFdancer - thanks for the reply.  Interesting that BA from Tampa and Virgin from Orlando were comparable.  I had assumed BA would be more now that they are requiring a 3rd party pet mover to be used.   I will look into - I used to live in St Pete and am always looking for an excuse to visit the area.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab