Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My dogs are finally here...What do I do now?  (Read 1307 times)

• Liked: 0
My dogs are finally here...What do I do now?
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

After three long weeks without them, my two dogs finally arrived this past Friday. Now, I don't know what to do! I thought I had read somewhere that their Annex II certificate needs to be taken to a local vet and transferred to a Pet Passport, but I'm not sure if that's right or not. If it is right, I'm not really sure what all that entails. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!!

• Liked: 3
Re: My dogs are finally here...What do I do now?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:12:27 PM »
You only need a pet passport if you're planning on travelling with them around Europe. Once I arrived I got my cats registered with a vet and that was it. They never had a pet passport.

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »
My vet charged ~£45 to transfer the documents to a pet passport. I find it handy having the passport as their vaccination history can go in there and it's all centralised (at the time that I did it I wasn't sure if I'd want to move back to the US at some point). We adopted a (British) cat last year, though, and haven't bothered getting her a passport - she's definitely not going to be travelling with us (unlike the dog), so no need for it.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
Thanks so much! I'll find a vet and get them set up.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab