Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coke Superbowl ad  (Read 1098 times)

• Liked: 533
Coke Superbowl ad
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »
Official Coca-Cola "Big Game" Commercial 2014 - America Is Beautiful

I'm fine with it, except I don't like Coke.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• A Yank in Blighty
  • Liked: 0
Re: Coke Superbowl ad
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:41:26 AM »
Yeah I was a little surprised and very disappointed at some of the negative response to this from my facebook friends...it really got to me all the anti-immigrant sentiment (since I'm now one in the UK even if there aren't the same language barriers) and I actually wrote a (poorly organized and some what rambling) blog post about my thoughts.

If anyone is interested its at http://www.ayankinblighty.com/2014/02/controversial-coke-super-bowl-commercial.html

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:54 PM »
Well Alex, I enjoyed your blog post - and will now read some more of your stuff.

I am studying Spanish now and am going to learn to sing it in Spanish.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• A Yank in Blighty
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »
Oh wow thanks!

And good luck with the Spanish! I tried learning French awhile back and never had much of a handle of it and now it's pretty much gone :(

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »
And good luck with the Spanish! I tried learning French awhile back and never had much of a handle of it and now it's pretty much gone :(

I tried French for a while and just could never get a toe hold. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab