Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153557 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #1125 on: December 12, 2014, 10:57:42 AM »
Zoep1981-Hang in there hun. It's a very frustrating process. We're all here to support you. Hopefully you will be hearing from them in the next week or 2. This is probably their busiest time of year. If you want to talk about anything at all you can message me if you'd like.
Hubby and I met in March 2009
We were married in USA in December 2010
Hubby came to USA on his Spouse Visa in 2011
Online Application sent 14 Oct. 2014
Biometerics Appt. on 28th Oct. 2014 Application and supporting Documents sent to hubby on 31 Oct. 2014
Package sent to Sheffield 4 November 2014
Package received in Sheffield 7 November 2014
Visa Issued: 12 November 2014
Visa received:8 December 2014
Move to England: 15 December 2014

• Mary McAndrew Paintress
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #1126 on: December 12, 2014, 01:38:48 PM »
Just a quick note to say I got my Fiance Visa approved! Yay! I'm so sorry I didn't post sooner to say I got it, but there's been so much for me to do to prepare to leave. My house is going on the market as soon as I leave so I've been working on all that too. The shippers came on Wed. and took all my 'stuff'. I sold my car yesterday to someone I spoke to a month ago about needing to sell it but having to wait till the last second. Thank goodness that worked out ok, I got $1000 more selling it myself rather than taking it to a dealer.

I have only to wait till Monday and then I finally fly out to see my honey again, after three years!! I can't wait! (ps the three years have nothing to do with visa but personal stuff so don't anyone get worried!)

Next I'll be reading here about tax information and finding an accountant asap., learning about what I'm allowed to do with working-I'm an artist and sell my things online...can I continue? etc. Also will be reading here about the next visa so I can start preparing.

So step one is completed, thanks for any help I've received! Hope I can help as I learn too.
http://www.marymcandrew.com (my art website)
http://www.zazzle.com/marymcandrew* (my shop with my English and American landscapes + nature paintings and photos on note cards + gift items)

« Reply #1127 on: December 12, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
I contacted my MP as soon my husband was detained at the airport here. He offered his support straight away so I accepted. He just said he would write a letter to support our application.
Online Application Submitted: 11/18/2014
Biometrics Appointment: 11/25/2014
Documents Sent: 11/25/2014
Application Received at Sheffield: 11/27/2014
Confirmation Email: 12/01/2014
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1128 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »
Just a quick note to say I got my Fiance Visa approved! Yay! I'm so sorry I didn't post sooner to say I got it, but there's been so much for me to do to prepare to leave. My house is going on the market as soon as I leave so I've been working on all that too. The shippers came on Wed. and took all my 'stuff'. I sold my car yesterday to someone I spoke to a month ago about needing to sell it but having to wait till the last second. Thank goodness that worked out ok, I got $1000 more selling it myself rather than taking it to a dealer.

I have only to wait till Monday and then I finally fly out to see my honey again, after three years!! I can't wait! (ps the three years have nothing to do with visa but personal stuff so don't anyone get worried!)

Next I'll be reading here about tax information and finding an accountant asap., learning about what I'm allowed to do with working-I'm an artist and sell my things online...can I continue? etc. Also will be reading here about the next visa so I can start preparing.

So step one is completed, thanks for any help I've received! Hope I can help as I learn too.

You can't do any type of work while on your fiancĂ© visa.  As soon as your FLR(M) is approved, you can continue what you've been doing.

« Reply #1129 on: December 12, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »
Thank you Amyncol26 I really appreciate that  :)
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 4
« Reply #1130 on: December 12, 2014, 02:30:59 PM »
I see non priority get a decision in a week yet we paid priority and they've had our application 2 weeks and haven't even looked at it yet according to our local MP. However they do it their system clearly doesn't work and it's pretty pointless paying for priority.

You can't say the system doesn't work just because a non-priority application was approved before yours.  The system does not guarantee that your application will be done before all others.  I understand it must be frustrating but you've really only been waiting for two weeks. That's not long at all.

« Reply #1131 on: December 13, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »
No Geeta what I'm saying is how can the system be working if non priority gets stuff back before priority. You pay priority so your application gets looked at before non priority so how is that right? No 2 weeks may not sound long to you but when all you want is your family to be together for Christmas every day feels like a long time!
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1132 on: December 13, 2014, 08:32:30 AM »
Okay, here's the thing:

I'm assuming you are talking about how Amyncol26's visa was issued in 5 days and it was non-priority. However, you can't compare the processing times because her visa was submitted an entire month before yours and received in Sheffield 3 weeks earlier, when the processing times were faster. Unless your application arrived on exactly the same day as hers, you can't say whether hers was faster than priority or not. It could have been the case that yours would have been issued in 2 days and hers in 5 days. Or if she had submitted hers on the same day as you she might still be waiting for hers to be processed.

There's no telling how many priority applications are being processed at the time you mail your application. It could have been that the day hers arrived there were only a handful of applications waiting to be processed priority, but when yours arrived there were dozens waiting for priority processing ahead of yours.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:34:16 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #1133 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »
Yes but then someone else put there's in non priority the day before ours and got it processed in 5 days. On working day 8 of ours our application hadn't even been opened! Anyway I am not on here to argue with people and am fully entitled to my own opinion which is clearly something is wrong with the system.
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 134
« Reply #1134 on: December 13, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
I know how frustrating this whole process can seem.  The three weeks that I spent waiting for my priority application seemed to drag on and on and on.  For your own sanity, it's honestly best not to sit here ruminating on why other visas are getting issued before your own.  Perhaps they had a different ECO, perhaps they had a clearer application, perhaps your ECO is checking into your husbands detention a bit further.  The holidays make any wait seem intolerable but you really must just be patient a bit longer.  We're all rooting for you!  As long as you included everything required and have a straight forward application, there should be no reason why you would be refused.  I wish you all the best.  Hang in there!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 56
« Reply #1135 on: December 13, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
I'm with all of you who have paid priority and are still waiting. Just passed business day 11 and going nuts! I received the automated confirmation of receipt email on the 27th, going into the busy season. And I know that with small issues on my application, its going to take awhile - but the longer I go without any news, the more I worry. If you've read any of my other threads/posts, you'll remember me as having two or 3 issues. First is that I made the mistake last time I visited for 6 months of entering through Ireland. We resolved that by taking a trip to Paris as soon as possible (w/in the Irish 3 month time limit) in order to come back and get a stamp in my passport. I also had a couple old tickets more than just speeding but nothing uber serious. And most complicated is that I was told by my husband's GP that I did not need to use my travel insurance when I needed to see a doctor over there - so I used the NHS when I shouldn't have. My husband and I delayed our application by a month trying to get them to bill us. We managed to obtain a lab bill and a letter from the GP refusing to bill us and why. We explained all of these things in our application, so we should be fine. But we know they have opened our application, and we haven't heard anything in 2 weeks - which is worrisome to me. I know its a busy season and my application is not as straight-forward as others. I'm trying to be patient and I'm trying to think "no news is good news," but I can't help but thinking that "no news" means "no." I'm debating on email them on Monday for an update, but I'm afraid of annoying the wrong person.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #1136 on: December 15, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
For everyone that is still waiting and paid for priority.Keep in mind that last year at this time it took about 4 weeks to process applications, so hopefully you should be hearing something in the next 2 weeks or so.Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Hubby and I met in March 2009
We were married in USA in December 2010
Hubby came to USA on his Spouse Visa in 2011
Online Application sent 14 Oct. 2014
Biometerics Appt. on 28th Oct. 2014 Application and supporting Documents sent to hubby on 31 Oct. 2014
Package sent to Sheffield 4 November 2014
Package received in Sheffield 7 November 2014
Visa Issued: 12 November 2014
Visa received:8 December 2014
Move to England: 15 December 2014

« Reply #1137 on: December 16, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »
So found out today that our application has been assessed by a caseworker and the decision is awaiting confirmation by a manager. Does anyone know how long that part takes?
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1138 on: December 16, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
Never heard of that stage before... They usually don't give you any info until the decision is final and the visa is being mailed to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #1139 on: December 16, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »
I'm not mentioning anyone on this post, but those whom are saying they have more rights over the others should be lucky to be where they are as far as putting in the visa. We each have our own rights to where we are even if we paid for priority or non-priority. Some don't have the extra money to put in for priority and are lucky enough to be making enough to be able to get their spousal visa. Please don't think you have more rights just becuase you put in priority. We are all lucky to be were we are in life and being able to put in for a spouse visa. We are all equal and should be supporting each and everyone on this page to get one another to were we want to be... OUR LOVED ONES!!! I know I have the potential to get kicked off this post for this message but I feel that some people feel they are more than others WHICH THEY ARE NOT! Please don't be selfish.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab