Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153577 times)

• Liked: 387
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #1140 on: December 17, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »
I'm not mentioning anyone on this post, but those whom are saying they have more rights over the others should be lucky to be where they are as far as putting in the visa. We each have our own rights to where we are even if we paid for priority or non-priority. Some don't have the extra money to put in for priority and are lucky enough to be making enough to be able to get their spousal visa. Please don't think you have more rights just becuase you put in priority. We are all lucky to be were we are in life and being able to put in for a spouse visa. We are all equal and should be supporting each and everyone on this page to get one another to were we want to be... OUR LOVED ONES!!! I know I have the potential to get kicked off this post for this message but I feel that some people feel they are more than others WHICH THEY ARE NOT! Please don't be selfish.

I don't think anyone here has said, or intimated, they have more rights than others.  I think it is totally understandable to feel upset if you believe you purchased a service, and are not experiencing the benefit of it.  It's like if you bought an upgrade to first class from economy, but when your ticket arrives, you're still seated in economy.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1141 on: December 17, 2014, 06:38:43 AM »
I'm not mentioning anyone on this post, but those whom are saying they have more rights over the others should be lucky to be where they are as far as putting in the visa.

As Aquila said, I don't recall anyone saying anything about having more rights over anyone else.

The simple fact is that there is an option to pay $510 extra for a priority service that gets your application placed at the front of the line for processing. If you want to do that, and you have the money to do it in the hope of getting your visa a bit faster, then you have the option. It's as simple as that.

You are paying to jump the queue, but that's it.  There are no extra rights involved, and no application advantages or favouritism.

Once the ECO gets to the application, it is treated the same as every other application - they may not even be aware that the applicant paid for priority in the first place.

People are only getting concerned that they have paid a ton of extra money for a priority service, but it seems as though it hasn't made a difference and that people who didn't pay the extra are getting their visas first. If it were me who had paid for priority, I would be annoyed by that too because it would feel like a waste of money.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #1142 on: December 17, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »
Thank you Aquila & Ksand24 yes that is exactly what I meant if you are referring to me but don't want to say names. I paid the extra $510 and all I was saying was that someone who put their application in the day before us non priority heard back nearly 2 weeks ago. I do not think I have more rights than anyone else and am fully aware we all want the same thing and it's hard for everyone. Please also don't think I have the money to throw around! I worked my backside off and my husband and I had to sell a hell of a lot of our belongings to even afford to do any of this! I was saying what is the point in paying for a service that clearly doesn't work how it should. Think you have clearly taken things the wrong way! No one ever said they had more rights!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:25:56 AM by Zoep1981 »
Online Application Submitted: 11/18/2014
Biometrics Appointment: 11/25/2014
Documents Sent: 11/25/2014
Application Received at Sheffield: 11/27/2014
Confirmation Email: 12/01/2014
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 537
« Reply #1143 on: December 17, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »
I sent my priority application in this time last year. I didn't get an email stating they had my package until January! The holidays REALLY bung things up here in the UK, considering so many people are taking days off and then the required days off for the holidays, WAY more days then the US gets...

I knew going in that the application process was going to take awhile, which is WHY I paid for priority. I figured it would take about 3 or 4 weeks when all in all it took about 6. I didn't get everything back until nearly February.

I was annoyed. I complained to my fiance and my family. Was I a miserable person to be around at times? Yes. But you know what, I never said it wasn't worth paying, because who knows how long it would have taken otherwise.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #1144 on: December 17, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »
Again I'm not saying it isn't worth it because of how long it's taking. I was simply pointing out that how can the system be working when someone who put theirs in at the same time non priority get it back before the priority. I'm saying it's not worth paying if you are not getting what you are paying for. We were told off the visa people we used that someone in the exact same position as us but who had a criminal record got theirs back within 10 working days it's things like that I'm complaining about. The system clearly isn't right.
Online Application Submitted: 11/18/2014
Biometrics Appointment: 11/25/2014
Documents Sent: 11/25/2014
Application Received at Sheffield: 11/27/2014
Confirmation Email: 12/01/2014
Decision Made Email:
Visa Received:

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1145 on: December 17, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
Again I'm not saying it isn't worth it because of how long it's taking. I was simply pointing out that how can the system be working when someone who put theirs in at the same time non priority get it back before the priority. I'm saying it's not worth paying if you are not getting what you are paying for. We were told off the visa people we used that someone in the exact same position as us but who had a criminal record got theirs back within 10 working days it's things like that I'm complaining about. The system clearly isn't right.

The system is not nice, no question.  Unfortunately this is just your first taste.  There are many more years of expensive visas (the cost is increasing substantially in April) and hoops to jump through.  Not to mention the VERY dirty word of being an immigrant in the UK and being a constant target by the media for everything that is wrong in the UK.  Fortunately things at the Home Office have improved substantially in the last two years.  At least now you don't have to wait a year for an in-country application (during which you cannot travel and the death of a family member in the US was not a "compassionate circumstance" to process the application.) Though, ILR is taking nearly 6 months at the moment.  But at least now you can get an appointment for in person processing (the booking system used to be a joke).  Hopefully things will continue to improve.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #1146 on: December 17, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »
I'm wondering if this is an unfortunate aberration, and you've had the unlucky draw to get caught up in it.  The priority system has, historically, been pretty good at delivering.  I can't recall an instance where someone had purchased priority and had other non-priority applications (submitted at the same time) be processed ahead.  The closest I can think of was when there was a span where there wasn't much difference between the two; I think we guessed at the time the application volume must have been quite low. 

• Liked: 56
« Reply #1147 on: December 19, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »
I got my visa!!!!!! My husband is here right now, so he signed for it while I was out and we opened it together. They hid the passport pretty well in among the papers, lol, but I cried when I opened it and saw it there. Thank you everyone for all your help and support!
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1148 on: December 19, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »
I got my visa!!!!!! My husband is here right now, so he signed for it while I was out and we opened it together. They hid the passport pretty well in among the papers, lol, but I cried when I opened it and saw it there. Thank you everyone for all your help and support!

Congratulations!!   [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #1149 on: December 20, 2014, 02:31:27 AM »
I have been helped in other threads by others.... But thought I would put my time line in... I'm in Australia so slightly different to others on here... I waiting...be it impatiently....
Applying from Australia
Spousal visa
Online application 5th Dec 14
Biometrics and $$ fast track 17 Dec 14
Email notification decision shortly 19 Dec 14

• Liked: 1
« Reply #1150 on: December 20, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »
Congratulations SheIsis485 :)

My latest update:

Unfortunately this week I found out that I was also supposed to have downloaded and submitted the appendix 2 - financial requirement form along with my "online" application (I submitted the required evidence but not the actual form), so we'll see how long that sets things back :( but the minor good news is that we got our confirmation email last Thursday :)

« Reply #1151 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »
I hope it gets sorted and you hear soon. The wait is hard!!
Applying from Australia
Spousal visa
Online application 5th Dec 14
Biometrics and $$ fast track 17 Dec 14
Email notification decision shortly 19 Dec 14

« Reply #1152 on: December 21, 2014, 05:29:20 AM »
Thanks Missblissbear,

Yes the wait is always hard, luckily though our family hasn't had to be pulled apart for months on end this time around, so I feel for others on here that can't be with their spouse/families, but my wife and I can definitely relate because in the past we had to be separated for long periods when dealing with Canadian/US immigration.  Good luck with your application, hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:32:13 AM by ukbound78 »

« Reply #1153 on: December 21, 2014, 06:41:55 AM »
Gosh, this is just so hard on everyone and I can completely understand how some folks are starting to quibble a little bit, especially when it's so close to the holidays and some are facing the possibility of Christmas without loved ones. I'm so sorry and I hope everyone manages to enjoy themselves somehow anyway... as hard as it is.

We, too, are very anxious and trying hard to take it all one day at a time. My application was delayed due to a computer glitch and there's just nothing I can do about it but take it one day at a time.

But I was also thinking today that it must be just dreadful to be working in this department at this time of year, too. I imagine that somewhere in an office in Sheffield there are many very tired and over-worked employees trying to get through as many applications as possible before the Christmas break. It must be hard on them, too. Imagine the piles of documents!!!

Yard by yard, life is hard. But inch by inch, life's a cinch!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Wishing everyone the best of luck and hoping you're united with your loved ones soon!!! =)

« Reply #1154 on: December 21, 2014, 11:18:21 PM »
I am back to this page as we are getting ready to do the spouse visa application. I am reading the posts and it reminds me where I was just this past summer. We too paid for the priority as it was the middle of summer and one of the busiest times. We were fortunate to be able to do it and it was no easy task. We heard back in just at a month from the time I did my biometrics appointment. I was on the plane over within a few days of receiving the visa (do NOT book a ticket before you hear back) and we were just married December 6. Best day of my life and much more appreciated because of what we had to go through to get there. It's been a life changing experience. Its a whole new life here and I finally feel like I am at home. The process to get here is very emotional and everyone has heightened sensitivities. I think 98% of the people here support one another. Every once in a while you will get a negative nelly. Rest assured that your decision will come and you will be on your way over. Then you will get to do the fun things like learn to drive and going to buy groceries, use the post office and will explain constantly why you moved from sunny American to rainy UK.  I have not been homesick yet as I speak with my family several times a week through Skype.  But right now you are still climbing a mountain trying to reach the peak. Stay strong and keep your endurance moving forward......it will happen. I hope you all hear good news soon! Merry Christmas!
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

Sponsored Links