Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 148673 times)

• Maidenhead, UK
  • Liked: 12
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #1200 on: January 20, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
Does anyone have an idea as to what the timeline is as the moment?
Met: Nov, 2011
Started relationship: Feb, 2012
Engaged: October 4, 2013
Married: October 12, 2014
Online Application: February 23, 2015
Biometrics completed: February 27, 2015
Priority processing paid: March 11, 2015
Package sent to Sheffield: March 11, 2015
Application being processed: March 16, 2015
Decision made email: March 17, 2015
Visa Approved: March 18, 2015
Flights Booked: May 10, 2015
FLR (M) application: December 12, 2017
Biometrics invite: December 22, 2017
Biometrics completed: Jan 3,
FLR (M) Approved: Jan 25, 2018

• Liked: 0
Re:
« Reply #1201 on: January 20, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »
Hi. Looks like a week or less turnaround last week with priority! We're still waiting for my fiancé to receive the package and find out if they've granted him a visa or not.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 56
« Reply #1202 on: January 20, 2015, 03:01:52 PM »
Update on my EEA2 application:

Mailed:  31 December
Rcv'd Letter of Acknowledgement: 10 January (dated 6 January)
Rcv'd COA: 20 January (Dated 16 January) - "right to work" granted while application is under review

Phew!  Waiting for the slow wheels of admin to turn at new work now that I have proof of status from the Home Office, but with any luck I can start Friday.  Finally.

Hoping I get my passport back with 5-yr Residence Card inside before Easter so we can at least leave the country and go see our kitties back home in Sweden!

Re:
« Reply #1203 on: January 20, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
Guess what?! My fiancé got his visa!!! Flying on 31/1 and arriving on 1/2 at Heathrow! Woo hoo!! Thanks for everyone's help!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #1204 on: January 21, 2015, 11:59:18 AM »
Oh dear... just received the "A decision has been made..." email [smiley=anxious.gif]

The only action I can take is updating my signature on uk-yankee... Fingers crossed we'll soon finally be able to take steps on actually moving...

Re:
« Reply #1205 on: January 21, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »
I'm moving to the UK! Can't wait to marry Sushiewushie! Got the visa approved.

Re:
« Reply #1206 on: January 21, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »
Good luck ukbound78 and BertineC and yes Capt Awesome!

• Liked: 11
« Reply #1207 on: January 23, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »
UKBA received our application for settlement for my husband on the 6th of Jan, and we received an email from them on the 14th saying a decision has been made.
This is WITHOUT paying for priority!
Super quick!

Received the visa today and it was approved!!  YAY!!

It had originally been sent back to a woman in another state....UKBA messed up the name and addressing, even tho I included a SAE and a UPS account number.  Luckily this kind woman sent it back to UPS and it was forwarded on to us.

I've had horrendous times with UKBA who just kept on insisting that they had posted it to the right person.

Thanks to every one on this site, not only those have helped me, but without all the information on this site I would have found the whole process difficult.

Gaby---a very happy Brit  :D
* 1993/1994 dated my future husband
* Oct 2013 back in touch after 20 years
* Feb 2014 flew to US for 10 days to visit him
* May 2014 flew back to US for 2 weeks and got married!
* Oct 2014 husband flew to UK for 2 week holiday
* Jan 2015 sent off visa application
* Jan 2015 visa approved!
* Apr 2015 husband moved here
* Oct 2017 FLRM approved!
* Nov 2019 Life in the UK Test Passed!
* Mar 2020 ILR applied for
* Jun 2020 BRP appt
* Jun 2020 IPR approved! (without priority)

« Reply #1208 on: January 23, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
Just got this email from Sheffield in my email box, it says that its going to take over 60 days to make a decision on my spouse visa non priority. Then it confuses me when it says they will tell me when I'm able to come to collect my passport, but I live in the states? Can anyone tell me what this email is about and/or provide me with any information from past experiences. Thank you.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

• Liked: 1
« Reply #1209 on: January 23, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »
I received my Entry Clearance visa :) :) :)

Thanks to this site and in particular ksand24!  I think the outcome would have been very different if otherwise... thank you! thank you! thank you!

Okay now comes the hard part... trying to convince the wife and kids to try and part with things hoarded over the years... :)

Good luck to everyone, I know immigration can sometimes be harsh on some people/families.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1210 on: January 23, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »
Just got this email from Sheffield in my email box, it says that its going to take over 60 days to make a decision on my spouse visa non priority. Then it confuses me when it says they will tell me when I'm able to come to collect my passport, but I live in the states? Can anyone tell me what this email is about and/or provide me with any information from past experiences. Thank you.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Any reason why your application would not be straightforward?  Prior convictions, refusals, use of NHS, etc.?

« Reply #1211 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
UKBA received our application for settlement for my husband on the 6th of Jan, and we received an email from them on the 14th saying a decision has been made.
This is WITHOUT paying for priority!
Super quick!

Received the visa today and it was approved!!  YAY!!

It had originally been sent back to a woman in another state....UKBA messed up the name and addressing, even tho I included a SAE and a UPS account number.  Luckily this kind woman sent it back to UPS and it was forwarded on to us.

I've had horrendous times with UKBA who just kept on insisting that they had posted it to the right person.

Thanks to every one on this site, not only those have helped me, but without all the information on this site I would have found the whole process difficult.

Gaby---a very happy Brit  :D

That's the third time they've done that to someone on this site in the past year.   ::).Very happy for you that the recipient returned the package to UPS so quickly for you!

« Reply #1212 on: January 25, 2015, 06:56:41 AM »
Any reason why your application would not be straightforward?  Prior convictions, refusals, use of NHS, etc.?

Yes, I was denied entry into the UK June 2014, because I didn't have enough cash to show me though 5 weeks even though my girlfriend at the time now my wife said she would be able to support me on the remaining funds. Also I didn't have any documents other than a payment to my storage unit and a return plane ticket to show that I was returning back to the states. I also had a wedding dress that I wear as a regular dress with me that I was going to keep at the house along with my professional camera that I was going to use to take pictures of me and my now wife to show that we are in a committed relationship. They said that they didn't think I was going to return after staying 5 weeks, and that they figured with a wedding dress I was going to get married and with my camera that I was going to seek work while I was there. Sadly enough I was kept in the detention center over night and put on the plane the next day to be sent back to the states using my return ticket. They told me that if I wanted entry as long as I got a visitors visa and brought documents with me I could return the next day and be allowed entry.

« Reply #1213 on: January 31, 2015, 08:37:34 AM »
Hello??? Am I being ignored???

« Reply #1214 on: January 31, 2015, 10:52:51 AM »
Yes, I was denied entry into the UK June 2014, because I didn't have enough cash to show me though 5 weeks even though my girlfriend at the time now my wife said she would be able to support me on the remaining funds. Also I didn't have any documents other than a payment to my storage unit and a return plane ticket to show that I was returning back to the states. I also had a wedding dress that I wear as a regular dress with me that I was going to keep at the house along with my professional camera that I was going to use to take pictures of me and my now wife to show that we are in a committed relationship. They said that they didn't think I was going to return after staying 5 weeks, and that they figured with a wedding dress I was going to get married and with my camera that I was going to seek work while I was there. Sadly enough I was kept in the detention center over night and put on the plane the next day to be sent back to the states using my return ticket. They told me that if I wanted entry as long as I got a visitors visa and brought documents with me I could return the next day and be allowed entry.

Anything happen after that?  Meaning did you obtain a visitors visa and successfully return to the UK?  Did you include the paperwork from the refused entry with your application to help speed up the process?

Sponsored Links