Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 149202 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #1215 on: February 01, 2015, 01:23:39 AM »
Anything happen after that?  Meaning did you obtain a visitors visa and successfully return to the UK?  Did you include the paperwork from the refused entry with your application to help speed up the process?
My girlfriend now wife came to see me a week after I was returned back to the states and right before she left we got married. She returned again in October and when she returned back to England we applied for the spouse visa and yes I did include the paperwork that I was given when I was denied entry into the UK. I thought of trying to get a visa to come back to the UK but we decided to have my wife return for a second time before we sent anything in whether it was a visitors visa or a spouse visa.

« Reply #1216 on: February 09, 2015, 08:05:28 AM »
Just started the application with my fiance online yesterday 08/02/2015.
His biometrics is booked for wednesday 11/02/2015.

Were not sure if we should send all the documentation to New York, or direct to Sheffield?
Also the online VISA application didnt seem to have any option to tick for priority is it still possible to get priority now? And the appendix 2 questions were all missing from the online form, so I assume we fill out that form and send it in with all the documentation?

Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1217 on: February 09, 2015, 08:27:44 AM »
Everything goes to Sheffield.  You MUST print and fill out appendix 2 by hand.  You can purchase priority through VFS global.

Did you gather all the paperwork together before submitting?

« Reply #1218 on: February 09, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »
Yes we have all the paper work we need ready to be submitted.

We have everything we need for the appendix 2 as well, like proof of my address (mortgage statement and utility bill.) My pay slips and reference from work, bank statements, proof of relationship and so on.

So we should get the priority, and submit everything direct to Sheffield once the biometrics are done, or straight away? Also is it worth filling in a VAF4A as well, or is the online form enough, we noticed some of the questions on the VAF4A are not the same/missing on the online questionairre.

« Reply #1219 on: February 09, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »
You have to include your stamped biometrics sheet in the package.

You include the printed copy of your online application and Appendix 2.  Not the VAF4A.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #1220 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
Just sent off all my documents to Sheffield! I'm crossing my fingers that everything comes back quickly and that I will be approved. Good luck to everyone else as well!
First Met-March 22 2013
Started dating-March 25 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014
Application submitted-January 30 2015
Biometrics-February 5 2015
Documents sent-February 9 2015
Documents recieved at Sheffield- February 11 2015
Visa decision email-February 24 2015
Visa received-February 26 2015
Flights booked-March 4 2015

« Reply #1221 on: February 11, 2015, 03:38:52 PM »
I got the e-mail! Documents received. Wow, now I'm nervous, and excited. Any updates from anyone else?
First Met-March 22 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014

• Liked: 6
« Reply #1222 on: February 11, 2015, 03:54:14 PM »
Good luck to you too!  I received confirmation that my application (non-priority) was received and being prepared for consideration on 5 Feb... I know it is only been a few days, but I am going to have to find a hobby to take my mind off of the wait!
Online application completed: 15 Jan 2015
Biometrics: 21 Jan 2015
Application posted via UPS Express: 28 Jan 2015
Application received at Sheffield: 30 Jan 2015
Email confirmation: 5 Feb 2015
Email asking for confirmation of return address:  12 Feb 2015
Visa decision: 13 Feb 2015
Visa received: 16 Feb 2015
Flight Booked:  26 Feb 2015
Arrived in UK: 28 Feb 2015
Married:  27 Apr 2015
FLR (M):  29 May 2015

• Liked: 85
« Reply #1223 on: February 11, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »
We did the biometrics on 4th Feb and mailed off the packet the same day.  We got the email saying they had arrived at Sheffield on 6th Feb we paid for priority so we are hoping to hear soon.. Spending all day checking emails and the UPS account for any news has become my new obsession!!!
Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

« Reply #1224 on: February 11, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »
I sent my fiance visa application on 02/02/15 (paid for priority service) and we just got it back today (02/11/15), so it looks like they're processing them quickly, at least if you go for the priority option!

They did accidentally put my gender as male - I checked my application and I definitely put female! - so I'm hoping that won't be an issue, but so glad it go sorted so quickly! Good luck to everyone else out there!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #1225 on: February 11, 2015, 08:32:26 PM »
They did accidentally put my gender as male - I checked my application and I definitely put female! - so I'm hoping that won't be an issue, but so glad it go sorted so quickly! Good luck to everyone else out there!

This is something you'll need to have the UKVI correct before you can enter the UK on your visa. Name spellings, gender, birth dates, all that has to exactly match your passport information. The same goes for when you get your Biometric Resident Permit after you apply for Further Leave to Remain.

Things like this do happen and they will make the correction. When I applied for Further Leave to Remain they mis-keyed my birth year as 1918, I was born in the 80's. haha
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #1226 on: February 11, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
This is something you'll need to have the UKVI correct before you can enter the UK on your visa. Name spellings, gender, birth dates, all that has to exactly match your passport information. The same goes for when you get your Biometric Resident Permit after you apply for Further Leave to Remain.

Things like this do happen and they will make the correction. When I applied for Further Leave to Remain they mis-keyed my birth year as 1918, I was born in the 80's. haha

What she said.

« Reply #1227 on: February 11, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
I sent my fiance visa application on 02/02/15 (paid for priority service) and we just got it back today (02/11/15), so it looks like they're processing them quickly, at least if you go for the priority option!

Wow that is quick! Hopefully they can fix the gender thing quickly too! I mean if they're processing so quickly, I would hope that they can get that fixed soon too! Congrats on being approved!!
First Met-March 22 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014

« Reply #1228 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »
I have been following this forum for a while, just never commented out of fear of jinx! Well today I got my VISA so I will pass along my timeline:

27 Jan 15 - Biometrics in Las Vegas
27 Jan 15 - Paid for priority through VFS
3 Feb 15 - sent everything via UPS online account and dropped package off at UPS store.
5 Feb 15 - got email from Sheffield saying package was received and placed in front of the line for priority
9 Feb 15 - woke up to e-mail saying decision was made and immediately began to worry as it was only 2 working days on site and wondered if I had forgotten something and it was refused.
11 Feb 15 - VISA arrived today and I fly to the UK on 26 Feb!

Bit of background as I haven't seen my case elsewhere:

Married for 17 years to a UK National who has lived with me both in the US and in the UK while I was stationed there in the US Military twice.

I am now retired from the US Military and VA Disabled Veteran, so I was able to submit my application under Category E - Pensions, and had a yearly income of the combined plans of just over L23000. I submitted a letter from the Department of Vet Affairs showing the disability compensation I receive is for life (I'm permanently disabled) and got a letter from my Base Finance office saying Military retirements are also for life. Both letters also authenticated the pay statements I had to download from the internet. I also had 3 months of (Stamped/signed on each page by the bank clerk) bank statements showing the deposits and also got my bank to do a letter saying the statements were authentic as they were copies pulled from their database.

For my accommodation I sent them the joint tenancy agreement, multiple letters from William H Brown agency indicating tenancy was accepted, a sales flyer showing the house and number of rooms ect. Finally I got 3 months of bank statements from my Wife who is already in the UK showing payments are being made on the rented house.

I showed my marriage through both our original birth certificates, original marriage certificate from the UK, previous divorce decrees (original documents), multiple photos over the years, mostly me in uniform with her wearing different ranks. Copy of her entire passport, copy of her US Visa, listing of all our previous addresses both in the UK and US when I was stationed there. Multiple utility bills, mortgage statements, medical statements, tax statements showing my wife lived in the US with me over the years. Finally on the advice of my UK Immigration solicitor in Norwich I got letters of support from my father and good friend here in Vegas stating they have visited me multiple times and have known me to be married to my wife since 1997. The last document I included was a UK court order naming me as a co-foster carer of my 10 month old grandchild (the reason my wife had to move back there late last year and I can't remove the child from the UK so I have to go there to fulfill my court mandated duties), this would have been the basis of any appeal on human rights grounds should it have come to that.

I had my solicitor check all the documents via scanned e-mails and he gave me some great advice on how to apply. Not always needed in every case as evidence by the other posters success stories on here, but it was L150 very much worth is as he researched everything in my case and advised me very well in how to apply!

« Reply #1229 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:17 AM »
I have been following this forum for a while, just never commented out of fear of jinx! Well today I got my VISA so I will pass along my timeline:

27 Jan 15 - Biometrics in Las Vegas
27 Jan 15 - Paid for priority through VFS
3 Feb 15 - sent everything via UPS online account and dropped package off at UPS store.
5 Feb 15 - got email from Sheffield saying package was received and placed in front of the line for priority
9 Feb 15 - woke up to e-mail saying decision was made and immediately began to worry as it was only 2 working days on site and wondered if I had forgotten something and it was refused.
11 Feb 15 - VISA arrived today and I fly to the UK on 26 Feb!

Bit of background as I haven't seen my case elsewhere:

Married for 17 years to a UK National who has lived with me both in the US and in the UK while I was stationed there in the US Military twice.

I am now retired from the US Military and VA Disabled Veteran, so I was able to submit my application under Category E - Pensions, and had a yearly income of the combined plans of just over L23000. I submitted a letter from the Department of Vet Affairs showing the disability compensation I receive is for life (I'm permanently disabled) and got a letter from my Base Finance office saying Military retirements are also for life. Both letters also authenticated the pay statements I had to download from the internet. I also had 3 months of (Stamped/signed on each page by the bank clerk) bank statements showing the deposits and also got my bank to do a letter saying the statements were authentic as they were copies pulled from their database.

For my accommodation I sent them the joint tenancy agreement, multiple letters from William H Brown agency indicating tenancy was accepted, a sales flyer showing the house and number of rooms ect. Finally I got 3 months of bank statements from my Wife who is already in the UK showing payments are being made on the rented house.

I showed my marriage through both our original birth certificates, original marriage certificate from the UK, previous divorce decrees (original documents), multiple photos over the years, mostly me in uniform with her wearing different ranks. Copy of her entire passport, copy of her US Visa, listing of all our previous addresses both in the UK and US when I was stationed there. Multiple utility bills, mortgage statements, medical statements, tax statements showing my wife lived in the US with me over the years. Finally on the advice of my UK Immigration solicitor in Norwich I got letters of support from my father and good friend here in Vegas stating they have visited me multiple times and have known me to be married to my wife since 1997. The last document I included was a UK court order naming me as a co-foster carer of my 10 month old grandchild (the reason my wife had to move back there late last year and I can't remove the child from the UK so I have to go there to fulfill my court mandated duties), this would have been the basis of any appeal on human rights grounds should it have come to that.

I had my solicitor check all the documents via scanned e-mails and he gave me some great advice on how to apply. Not always needed in every case as evidence by the other posters success stories on here, but it was L150 very much worth is as he researched everything in my case and advised me very well in how to apply!

Congrats!! I'm really excited about everything going so quickly! I'm sending positive vibes to everyone! I hope we all have the same luck!
First Met-March 22 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014

Sponsored Links