Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 149184 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #2040 on: October 06, 2015, 02:12:53 PM »
Sent Priority; "Acknowledgment" email received last week (Thursday 1st Oct) but still no "Decision Made" Email......

11.09.15 - Got Married in U.S.
21.09.15 - Submitted Online Application
28.9.15 - Biometrics Appointment
28.9.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority) UPS
01.10.15 - Received Acknowledgment Email
xx.xx.15 - Received Decision Made Email
xx.xx.15 - Visa Received

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2041 on: October 06, 2015, 06:06:56 PM »
Sent Priority; "Acknowledgment" email received last week (Thursday 1st Oct) but still no "Decision Made" Email......

xx.xx.15 - Visa Received

It's only been 3 or 4 working days since the acknowledgement email (depending on if you count Thursday or not), so I wouldn't worry yet :).

« Reply #2042 on: October 07, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »
Hi, everyone. I joined specifically to share my dates for my spouse visa--it only seemed fair since I have been lurking to obsess over everyone else's dates for a few weeks now. It was one of the only things keeping me sane. This process is the worst.

I sent my documents to my husband first so he could add his employment contract and accommodation documents. That just seemed the fastest way to apply as soon as he found a job. :)

10/9/15 Online application completed
15/9/15 Biometric appointment
18/9/15 Posted application/documents/priority receipt and waybill to husband via USPS
23/9/15 Package received by husband
26/9/15 Husband posted package to Sheffield
29/9/15 Delivered
30/9/15 Acknowledgement email
2/10/15 Decision made email
5/10/15 Visa received

We cut it pretty close getting everything to Sheffield, which added to my anxiety tremendously. This is the second time I've had a spouse visa; we moved to the UK in 2002, and I got ILR in 2004. We had to move back to the States in 2005, and I'm very excited and relieved to be moving back to the UK now. This time, the visa process was 1000% more difficult though! :)

They returned everything except my marriage certificate. It all looked like a toddler had put it in the envelope. My approval letter is creased, so it's no longer suitable for framing. Haha.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

« Reply #2043 on: October 07, 2015, 04:02:51 PM »
Hi All,

What seems to be the average time from shipping the package to receiving back the stamped passport for a priority fiancée settlement visa?

I am a U.S. citizen engaged to marry a U.K. citizen. We applied for a priority settlement visa (fiancée) and relied on category B. We submitted a thorough application and exceed all visa sponsor requirements.

Realize the majority of applicants are married prior to submitting the application, and would to hear thoughts from anyone with similar situations.

We have called and emailed to check in on the status every other day and they still have not confirmed receipt of our application.

After reviewing all of these forums we can see that others are getting a much quicker service. At this point, we are concerned it has been lost.

Many thanks in advance for any insight! 

07/9/15 - Submitted Settlement Priority Fiancée Visa Online Application
10/9/15 - Biometrics Appointment
15/9/15 - Delivered by the courier and signed for at the Sheffield center
XX/XX/15 - Received Acknowledgment Email
XX/XX/15 - Received Decision Made Email
XX/XX/15 - Visa Received
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:05:17 PM by oneone »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2044 on: October 07, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
Hi All,

What seems to be the average time from shipping the package to receiving back the stamped passport for a priority fiancée settlement visa?

I am a U.S. citizen engaged to marry a U.K. citizen. We applied for a priority settlement visa (fiancée) and relied on category B. We submitted a thorough application and exceed all visa sponsor requirements.

Realize the majority of applicants are married prior to submitting the application, and would to hear thoughts from anyone with similar situations.

We have called and emailed to check in on the status every other day and they still have not confirmed receipt of our application.

After reviewing all of these forums we can see that others are getting a much quicker service. At this point, we are concerned it has been lost.

Many thanks in advance for any insight! 

07/9/15 - Submitted Settlement Priority Fiancée Visa Online Application
10/9/15 - Biometrics Appointment
15/9/15 - Delivered by the courier and signed for at the Sheffield center
XX/XX/15 - Received Acknowledgment Email
XX/XX/15 - Received Decision Made Email
XX/XX/15 - Visa Received

Does your tracking show the package arrived?  If so, relax.  It's not lost.

Fiancé visa and spousal visas are treated identically and should have the same timelines.

« Reply #2045 on: October 08, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
my patience isn't one of my strengths at the best of times :)

How long typically does it take from acknowledgment email to receiving decision email on priority service? I've seen some recent members have had a 3 day turn around.

We received the acknowledgment email on Thursday 1st October...

xx.xx.15 - Visa Received

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2046 on: October 08, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »
According to my UPS tracking the package arrived, no contact though. Can I call to confirm or is that going to annoy them?

What seems to be the average time from shipping the package to receiving back the stamped passport for a spousal visa? It's looking like some are as quick as 2 weeks or less?

28.09.15 - Got Married in U.S.
29.09.15 - Submitted Online Application
05.10.15 - Biometrics Appointment
05.10.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority) UPS (for some reason it was marked LTR but was charged the $216.00 so I hope that's ok!)
07.10.15 - Delivered by the courier and signed for at the Sheffield center

xx.xx.15 - Received Acknowledgment Email
xx.xx.15 - Visa Received

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:26:34 PM by polyphony »
Origin Near Cleveland, Ohio
Current location Worcestershire
Married September 28, 2015

« Reply #2047 on: October 08, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »
According to my UPS tracking the package arrived, no contact though. Can I call to confirm or is that going to annoy them?

What seems to be the average time from shipping the package to receiving back the stamped passport for a spousal visa? It's looking like some are as quick as 2 weeks or less?

05.10.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority) UPS (for some reason it was marked LTR but was charged the $216.00 so I hope that's ok!)

xx.xx.15 - Visa Received

There is no point in calling.  The call center cannot see your application and give you accurate information.  Your tracking proves the package arrived.  Try to relax and keep busy.  They will get to it.  Not everyone receives the emails, sometimes the package just arrives on your doorstep!  They have been processing quite quickly lately and things are likely to continue processing quickly for the next few weeks (then there will be the "but we want to be together for Christmas" rush).  It usually takes 3-5 business days to get the received email.  Sometimes longer!

« Reply #2048 on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »
Thanks. Im checking the UPS tracker every day too but still not been dispatched. I guess its a waiting game but i was hoping (like all no doubt) that 7 days from acknowledgment email we would have received decision made email by now :(

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2049 on: October 08, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »
We know your pain - Our documents were acknowledged by Sheffield on 16 June, and we JUST received a decision email today.  Have you used the enquiry service to check on your application (https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/)?  They don't have direct contact with the decision centre, but can make some requests. 

I enquired almost every 3 business days.  They escalated the application (for a second time) on Monday, and yesterday we received an email that the decision was "imminent".  With your timeline they should definitely offer to escalate (the first time they did mine it was the beginning of August).

I'll post my full timeline once we receive the passport on Monday and I know if it was approved!
I been following this website for months with it been able to do the application, and watch patiently. Please can you post your time line been following both cause timeline was almost same as mine.
I finished application on July 17th
Biometrics was July 23th
Had hiccup on collecting paperwork so Mailed to Sheffied August 4th. (just in time with the 14days)
Delivery confirmed Aug 6th
Confirmation letter that Sheffeld received not till Aug 20th !!!
Im Still waiting.
I didn't pay for Priority. now thinking to.
Read here that doing inquiry might help considering Im on 59 business days from application date as of today. I sent inquiry last week when I was at 52. My response back as that I just recently put the application in that (even thou website says 12weeks of application date) 95% are completed in 12weeks of biometric date and 100% within 24weeks!!!! if I new that I would have paid the priority I put on my application I need to be in uk by 23th of oct which wont happen now never thought it would take this long.
Every where I read it states can take up to 60buisness days. this definitely the most stressful/ longest 3mnths ever. Now things are on hold till I at least get confirmation of approval before shipping everything/leaving job ext...

If either you hear or anyone else applied NON priority please let me know your experience.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:22:25 PM by morganv »

« Reply #2050 on: October 08, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
There is no point in calling.  The call center cannot see your application and give you accurate information.  Your tracking proves the package arrived.  Try to relax and keep busy.  They will get to it.  Not everyone receives the emails, sometimes the package just arrives on your doorstep!  They have been processing quite quickly lately and things are likely to continue processing quickly for the next few weeks (then there will be the "but we want to be together for Christmas" rush).  It usually takes 3-5 business days to get the received email.  Sometimes longer!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping for a priority spousal visa that I'll get an answer soon. I'm trying to keep busy as best I can :)
Origin Near Cleveland, Ohio
Current location Worcestershire
Married September 28, 2015

« Reply #2051 on: October 09, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »
Is there a contact number or email i can chase up to see where our application is at?

We paid priority for spouse visa and 8 days after acknowledgment of receipt email, still nothing...

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2052 on: October 09, 2015, 01:34:44 PM »
Allo's bedfordshireboy,

Just a bit of info for you, paying priority for your visa application does not mean it will be processed faster then normal. What it means is your application is moved to the head of the queue upon arrival and that your application is assigned to a UKVI agent faster. The time if takes to process your application is however long it takes.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2053 on: October 09, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Is there a contact number or email i can chase up to see where our application is at?

We paid priority for spouse visa and 8 days after acknowledgment of receipt email, still nothing...

There is not a way to chase the application.  Also, you can't count weekends, so it's only been 5 working days.  Do try to relax and stay busy.  These are your last weeks with your family and friends.  Enjoy the time.  You will get our visa, but you will have to wait until it's at the top of the pile.  They *used* to guarantee priority in 15 working days, but they've removed that now.  But it's a good time of year to apply, so I bet you'll get a decision email sometime next week.

« Reply #2054 on: October 09, 2015, 02:23:56 PM »

xx.xx.15 - Visa Received

I was in a state of panic too when I didn't get my acknowledgement right away. It took about 2 weeks to get mine. I got the decision made email the very next day after acknowledgment. Hang in there. I know it's hard!
26.06.15 - Got Married in U.S.
26.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
31.08.15 - Biometrics Appointment
05.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
22.09.15 - Received Acknowledgment Email
23.09.15 - Received Decision Made Email
25.09.15 - Visa Received! :)

Sponsored Links