Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 149204 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #2220 on: June 19, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »
Same, Jo. Maybe we should check to see if they forgot a pile submitted I'm the last week of April? Lol.

Edit
I should add that my fiance and I are in the process of attempting to pay for priority, but apparently the website is still throwing an error that indicates we can't pay for priority without paying for the courier (again). This is an error that remained to be resolved on Friday. Hopefully that will be resolved soon though, and I'll at least get some sort of acknowledgement that the application still exists. :)

We had the same problem Kallista, but with the courier.

We couldn't use the same courier service as in error we sent the application pack to New York as my husband previously came on a spousal visa a few years ago and applied in NY.  The website wouldn't let us use the courier service twice (to send to Sheffield) for the same application.

My husband had to leave before FLR last time he was here, so we have had to reapply for him to enter the country again

This wait is horrendous, I do hope these April applications come through soon for everyone!

Jo x

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2221 on: June 20, 2016, 08:56:17 AM »
I will admit, it's some relief to have other April applicants still waiting. More worrying if everyone else had heard and we had radio silence...

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2222 on: June 20, 2016, 04:35:47 PM »
I've submitted a status enquiry today, just because I can't fathom a particularly compelling reason for those of us who had their applications received on/around the same day in April to have all not received some type of response before they started working on May/June applications. I think I've all but convinced myself that they've somehow backlogged/forgotten/misplaced two days worth of applications, so maybe asking about the status of one will help them "rediscover" the others, too.

I'm sure that isn't at all what happened, but since we're kind of left looking at sporadic data bytes, it's not like we have a lot of information that indicates otherwise.

The website says that they should respond within 1 working day, so hopefully I will hear something soon (and hopefully it will not be a generic "Your application is pending" response). 

Fingers crossed!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2223 on: June 20, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »
I've submitted a status enquiry today, just because I can't fathom a particularly compelling reason for those of us who had their applications received on/around the same day in April to have all not received some type of response before they started working on May/June applications. I think I've all but convinced myself that they've somehow backlogged/forgotten/misplaced two days worth of applications, so maybe asking about the status of one will help them "rediscover" the others, too.

A couple of things regarding this:

1) The fact that a number of April applications still haven't been processed yet likely means that nothing is wrong. If it was just one application left behind, there could be a reason, but if several are taking this long, it probably just means that the current processing time for non-priority is around 2 months or so

2) The enquiry centre is just a call centre somewhere, and they have no physical access to your application. All they can really do is look up your application number in the computer system and see whether it says it's in processing or not. Also, they are known for giving incorrect information, including telling people that their visa had been processed, when in fact, no one had even looked at it yet!

3) Your timeline is perfectly normal for this time of year - people who applied in April non-priority last year weren't getting their visas until July. However, every application is different and some get processed faster than others. I doubt anyone has lost any applications... chances are that all of them are just sitting in a pile waiting to be pick up by an ECO. It just depends how many applications are ahead of yours, how many people have paid for priority since, and how quickly each ECO is getting through their pile of applications (it might be that one ECO is still working on their April applications, while another ECO might be onto their May or June applications already).

« Reply #2224 on: June 20, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »
Either way, we have surely got to get confirmation soon!

I can see why they don't discuss individual applications but it makes you feel quite angry with the lack of communication.

Get a wiggle on and hurry up dudes! :o

« Reply #2225 on: June 20, 2016, 08:48:16 PM »
Just the nature of applying for a UK visa, I'm afraid... It takes as long as it takes and all you can do is be patient. You're only 2 months in and their processing standards time is 3 months, so you still potentially have another month to wait (hopefully it won't be that long though).

As long as you know your application was delivered to Sheffield, it will be processed.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #2226 on: June 20, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
Thank you for your advice,

It's nice to know there's still hope for April submissions and suppose I'm comparing it to the old system of applying in NY. (Was much quicker turnaround time)

Thanks again
Jo x

Just the nature of applying for a UK visa, I'm afraid... It takes as long as it takes and all you can do is be patient. You're only 2 months in and their processing standards time is 3 months, so you still potentially have another month to wait (hopefully it won't be that long though).

As long as you know your application was delivered to Sheffield, it will be processed

« Reply #2227 on: June 20, 2016, 09:13:40 PM »
The process in New York was different, so you can't really compare the two (and it's been over 3 years since spousal visas were processed in NYC).

A general timeline for visa applications made between April and August, when it's busy is:
- up to 1 month for priority
- up to 3 months for non-priority

Obviously it can be much quicker than that though - just depends how fast they can get through the applications.

« Reply #2228 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:29 AM »
Hi all! We got an e-mail from UKVI yesterday, asking for additional document (easily provided, so no worries). Good news is this means our application has actually been opened and someone had gone through it! So they're finally got to late April. Not sure how long it'll take now they have everything they need, but hopefully not too long...

« Reply #2229 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:41 PM »
Hi all! We got an e-mail from UKVI yesterday, asking for additional document (easily provided, so no worries). Good news is this means our application has actually been opened and someone had gone through it! So they're finally got to late April. Not sure how long it'll take now they have everything they need, but hopefully not too long...

Fantastic!  Thankyou for letting us know and good luck! 
x

« Reply #2230 on: June 25, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
Husband received the decision has been made email today. 

Fingers and toes crossed  :o 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:58:34 PM by JojoG »

« Reply #2231 on: June 25, 2016, 12:40:02 PM »
Husband received the decision has made email today. 

Fingers and toes crossed  :o

Yay! Fingers crossed for an approval :)!

« Reply #2232 on: June 25, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »
We also got the email today! Applied on April 28 so just shy of two months. Now the last bit of waiting begins...

« Reply #2233 on: June 25, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »

I'm sure that isn't at all what happened, but since we're kind of left looking at sporadic data bytes, it's not like we have a lot of information that indicates otherwise.

The website says that they should respond within 1 working day, so hopefully I will hear something soon (and hopefully it will not be a generic "Your application is pending" response). 

Fingers crossed!

Kallista how are you getting on?

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2234 on: June 25, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
On my phone, so excuse typos.

Contacting them didn't give me specific information, but I felt better for doing it.

The website to pay priority on is still down, so it took forever and a day for our consultant to upgrade us.

My consultant is in California, so if she does work on saturdays, I won't know if I got an email until about 12 or 1 this afternoon. She doesn't always work Saturdays though so no guarantee I would hear if I do.

Sponsored Links