Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 149181 times)

• Liked: 1
timeline
« Reply #2355 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »
Got my spouse Visa approval today. So happy, thanks to everyone who posts and the forum for being a great resource.

Timeline.

Online app from the the US 10 July

Spouse visa priority. Cash savings only option.

Biometrics 13 July

Received at Sheffield 15 July

No emails from ukba until roughly 3 weeks later saying they received it.

Enquired myself and got the generic emails saying has yet to be processed.

Received visa processed and shipping email on Sunday 21 August.

UPS tracking showed package picked up on Tuesday 23 August from Sheffield.

Collected package from UPS today. Visa approved.

• Liked: 8
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #2356 on: August 25, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »
Congratulations!!
Met online 11/17/14
First met in person - he came to Florida! 1/17/15
First uk visit 4/13/15
His second US visit 9/2015
My second uk visit 1/15/2016
Married on his third trip to US 6/10/16
Mailed docs to Sheffield 7/19/16
Got spouse visa 8/19/2016
Entered UK 12/2/2016

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2357 on: August 25, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
Congrats!!
Married: June 25, 2016
Application received in Sheffield: August 11, 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2358 on: August 25, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »
Congratulations Harris48!  ;D

« Reply #2359 on: August 25, 2016, 07:26:12 PM »
Thanks all, it's been a long haul for us.  My husband was posting in the boards several months ago, but I made him stop as he just got frustrated.  We originally had a spouse visa refused in March because we never submitted the correct or enough supporting docs and there was an issue of my husbands employment going from self employed to trading as, which meant he never had a full years accounts in one job, even though he was the only employee.  Therefor we had to wait until July to go the savings route.  There are so many if's and but's when you're waiting to hear back.  After my visa refusal I thought I'd not be allowed back in the Uk.  We went anyway and breezed straight through, no questions asked, we left Uk again for Korea, upon our entry to the Uk after this trip the border guy said you've had a visa refused and need to sign this declaration.  He took me to a desk where I signed this small form stating I know I'd been refused a visa, took about 5 minutes, then I was let through.  Then we came back to the US beginning of July with all the original documents etc needed to apply again.  Ours was a straight forward refusal for first visa, this is why we decided to pay priority even though it says don't.  However if you read the wording carefully, it says your package will still be priority, but the Eco may take longer checking it out because of the prior refusal.

Now we are happy, we are heading back this Sunday, my husband will make his operation for kidney stones and I can start my new job.

It's been a roller coaster of a ride, I hope everyone else receives good news soon, especially the ones who've been waiting 50 plus days.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2360 on: August 25, 2016, 07:30:07 PM »
Congratulations on getting the visa :).

Yeah, I still recommend using priority even with a refusal because it'll still be processed faster than non-priority as it will be put to the front of the line anyway.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 63
Re: timeline
« Reply #2361 on: August 25, 2016, 11:18:55 PM »
Got my spouse Visa approval today. So happy, thanks to everyone who posts and the forum for being a great resource.

Timeline.

Online app from the the US 10 July

Spouse visa priority. Cash savings only option.

Biometrics 13 July

Received at Sheffield 15 July

No emails from ukba until roughly 3 weeks later saying they received it.

Enquired myself and got the generic emails saying has yet to be processed.

Received visa processed and shipping email on Sunday 21 August.

UPS tracking showed package picked up on Tuesday 23 August from Sheffield.

Collected package from UPS today. Visa approved.

Congrats! My husband and I did the savings route as well..question, did you include source of funds explanation or simply tick the life savings option?

« Reply #2362 on: August 25, 2016, 11:53:39 PM »
Yes priority all the way, even with a refusal.

We provided a copy of my bank statement showing the money from sale of a house, statement showing money transfered from my account to husbands in December and finally he had just over 6 months personal statements showing money from his employment/wages going in and one from July of last year showing his company dividend being payed into his account.

If I never transfered the money to his account in December we could have applied in March using cash savings but because I transfered it in December it was classed as being in his account for 3 months only even though I could show it was in mine much longer, crazy situation but we got there.

My previous post, I meant he went from trading as to limited which messed his full year accounts.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2363 on: August 26, 2016, 07:47:06 AM »
Yes priority all the way, even with a refusal.

We provided a copy of my bank statement showing the money from sale of a house, statement showing money transfered from my account to husbands in December and finally he had just over 6 months personal statements showing money from his employment/wages going in and one from July of last year showing his company dividend being payed into his account.

If I never transfered the money to his account in December we could have applied in March using cash savings but because I transfered it in December it was classed as being in his account for 3 months only even though I could show it was in mine much longer, crazy situation but we got there.

My previous post, I meant he went from trading as to limited which messed his full year accounts.

It can be in either account for savings (counts even if it's the applicants), so you didn't need to wait.

Regardless you have your visa.  Congratulations!!!   [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #2364 on: August 26, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »
I checked on the forums and with two immigration advisors, because I transferred the cash in December to my now husbands account, it was classed as not being in one account for six months.  If I'd left it in my account, we would have been OK as it would have been in my account for over six months.  Bit of a crazy situation it was, as we could prove the money was in either mine or his account for that period but the rules stipulate it has to be sitting in an account the whole six months.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2365 on: August 30, 2016, 07:20:44 PM »
Hello all!

So glad I have found this forum! My husband and I have felt so isolated in this situation, but I knew there had to be others! :)

So here is my process:

Met online --4 years ago
First met in person - 5/24/15 (in Jamaica)
His first US visit to me - 8/26/15
First uk visit 11/1/15-2/5/16
My second uk visit 3/12-5/9/16
Married in Jamaica: 5/14/16. Came directly back to the US from Jamaica. He went to the UK.
Docs received at Sheffield 8/1/16 (according to UPS Tracking)
Today?--still waiting...no emails, no contact from UK.

This wait is horrendous. :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2366 on: August 30, 2016, 11:13:31 PM »
When do you book flights? I want to book asap, but only sent the application last week. Is waiting until we get an email the best, or do we go for 4 weeks from now and hope? Applications are being processed quicker now..right? 

• Liked: 3595
Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #2367 on: August 30, 2016, 11:32:20 PM »
You should not book any flights until the visa has been issued, you have received it in the mail and you have checked it for errors (if it has an error you will need to send it back again to be corrected).

If you are applying for a spousal visa, it will only be valid for travel for 30 days from the 'intended travel date' you put on the application form (or if that date has passed before the visa is issued, it will be valid for 30 days from the date it is issued).

You don't want to book flights and then find you either have to pay a ton of money to change them, or you lose the money because the visa is refused and you cannot travel.

We don't know if applications are being processed more quickly yet - many people who applied in July do not have their visas yet, so it could still be a while before you get yours.

Edited to add: if it's a fiancé visa application, it will be valid for 6 months from the date you put (or the date it is issued if that date has passed), but you don't currently know when that will be as you don't know how long it will take for your visa to be processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:34:40 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab