Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 148668 times)

• Liked: 3589
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:26 AM »
Hi Geeta,

Although I appreciate this, I have a lot of documentation that is being sent. Surely a pile is just creating a mess? There needs to be some sort of arrangement when sending.

You should put everything in a sensible order and you can label each section with a post-it note and a paperclip to keep it together, but you do not want to put everything in folders or plastic wallets.

This is because as soon as the package is opened, they will have to take everything out of the plastic wallets and rearrange it in the order they want it. So organising everything like that just means extra unnecessary work for UKBA, and higher shipping costs for you (because it weighs more to send folders as well).

They will also take out any unnecessary documents, so the processing officer may not even see them... which is why we say only send what is required and not loads and loads of 'extra information' that you think will make your application look good - because chances are, no one will even bother to look at them.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 10:05:53 AM »
Congratulations everyone!

Can I just ask, I take it people sent their application documents in a bound folder?

I may be wrong, but my understanding from Rich is that they keep the documents?!!

My wife created two piles of documents, the originals and the copies, and paper-clipped related documents together in each of those piles, such as payslips.  Each pile was ordered by our list of contents.  She clipped each pile together.  We didn't use a folder at all, or any form of binding.  They kept the copies that we sent.
14th Apr 2013 Engaged
9th Nov 2013 Married
5th Feb 2014 Electronic Application
10th Feb 2014 Biometric Appointment
10th Feb 2014 Purchased priority processing
10th Feb 2014 FedEx'd Documents To Sheffield
12th Feb 2014 Documents arrived at Sheffield
13th Feb 2014 Visa application email from UKBA
27th Feb 2014 "Decision made" email
3rd March 2014 Visa received :)

• Liked: 107
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
So if I place all documents in a classic yellow document wallet, in order of the table of contents that should be fine?

Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:58 AM »
There's really no need to over think it.  Some paperclips or sliding everything into a folder will be fine.

Just to give an idea, when I did an in-person application (can be done from within the UK).  I had everything paperclipped with Post-It notes saying what each section was.  Before taking the documents from me, the case worker wanted me to remove all the paperclips and Post-It's.  They know what they are looking for and don't seem to want our "help".   ::)

The reason to avoid too much information or too "fancy" of an organization system is there have been members refused before who had included the correct documentation but it got "lost" in all the extra fluff of the application.

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 11:18:28 AM »
You don't even need a table of contents.

Really, you can just include a cover letter on top, stating the application type, a list of the documents and anything you need to explain about the documents (such as if you have previous refused visas for the UK or a criminal conviction).

Then just divide your documents into piles - originals and copies separately- accommodation, finances, relationship evidence, etc., put a paper clip or crocodile clip around each (or even a rubber band), and put everything in your envelope/package to mail to Sheffield.

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »
Okay thanks guys.

I think I'll attach post-it notes regardless just for my own benefit when laying it all out.

Sorry to hijack but I was tempted to get my wife to mail me her passport and biometric info and for me to send the documents.

I think it will be 'simpler' for me to send her my documents from a postage-to-return point of view

Many thanks.
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 02:13:49 PM »
Sorry to hijack but I was tempted to get my wife to mail me her passport and biometric info and for me to send the documents.

I thought that's what you were doing anyway?

If you're doing things this way, then she needs to send her completed application package to you, not just her passport (the biometrics info is electronic so she won't have that).

She'll need to send you:
- her passport,
- stamped biometrics appointment sheet,
- online application form,
- Appendix 2,
- marriage certificate,
- her relationship evidence (phone bills, Skype call logs, email inbox, boarding passes from trips to see each other, letters and cards you've sent each other etc.) etc.

and copies of everything she's sending.

She will also need to send you the return packaging and the return postage waybill.

I think it will be 'simpler' for me to send her my documents from a postage-to-return point of view

I'm not sure if you'll have time to do that now. She only has 14 days for the documents to arrive in Sheffield after the biometrics appointment.

It's a bit late to be deciding to send everything to her now - you should have done all that before she applied online if you wanted everything to be sent from the US. Ideally you want to have all the application documents in your hands and ready to be mailed before you even start the online application.

So, if you are sending your documents to her now, you're going to have to spent a lot of money (maybe £50-100) on fast overnight delivery by FedEx/UPS/DHL to get them to her (and hope they arrive within enough time), and then she will have to spend even more money than that to mail them back to the UK again for visa processing.

So you risk the documents not arriving in time for her to get them to Sheffield, and if that happens, the application will become invalid and you could lose the entire £851 visa fee and have to start the application process from scratch all over again.

Best thing to do now, assuming she's already done the biometrics, is for her to send everything to you and then you just forward it on to Sheffield for her. It will save both time and money on shipping.

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
Sorry I should have specified, the online application has not been 'confirmed' yet.

We're making sure we are both in a position to pretty much send all documentation straight away before applying. We're just at the stage where we need to decide what will work out better/easier postage wise
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
Sorry I should have specified, the online application has not been 'confirmed' yet.

We're making sure we are both in a position to pretty much send all documentation straight away before applying. We're just at the stage where we need to decide what will work out better/easier postage wise

Oh, okay - that makes more sense.

Well, whatever you end up sending between the US and the UK, whether you send stuff to her or her to you, you should pay for overnight/next day delivery with a courier like FedEx or UPS.

Whatever you do, don't send anything USPS or Royal Mail between the US and the UK, especially not important visa application documents or passports, because they could get stuck in either US or UK customs (depending on which way you are sending them) and you may not see them for weeks - or they may not ever arrive.

The couriers (FedEx etc) have their own customs facilities and so they can deliver fast, with good tracking, without you having to worry about your items getting lost or delayed at customs.

Unfortunately though, they are also expensive - as I said above, you'd be looking at £50- £100 to send them to her in the US, and then it would cost her probably $100-150 to send them back to the UK.

Or, she could just send you her documents by FedEx, paying just once, and then you forward them using Royal Mail for just a few pounds, and you can save yourselves £50-100 in postage.

Just looking it up on FedEx - if you want to send a 1kg package from the UK to the US, it costs £61 for 7-day Economy delivery, £65 for next-day Priority delivery and £100 for next-day First delivery.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:17:05 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »
Thanks for that very vital info regarding USPS/Royal Mail. A problem I have actually experienced.

My trouble (or should I say lack of knowledge) with my wife sending her biometric stamp/passport etc is how do create a waybill via fedex etc when it hasnt been weighed or anything?

Many thanks
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
A waybill is basically an account for FedEx to charge the return postage.  She won't be prepaying a specific amount but saying, "Charge what it costs to this account"

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »
Ah so, correct me if I am wrong, UKBA/WorldBridge will place the charge on the the registered FedEx account? Is this right?

My wife and I have never done or waybill or anything similar, we just want to make sure we follow what UKBA need to send the entire package back to my wife after sending it via Royal mail from the UK
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »
Ah so, correct me if I am wrong, UKBA/WorldBridge will place the charge on the the registered FedEx account? Is this right?

Yes, although it will be UKBA, not Worldbridge.

Worldbridge have nothing to do with your application. They are really just a website where you can purchase the priority service that is offered by UKBA. They are a commercial partner of UKBA, but they don't have any involvement with the actual application process beyond giving you a means to purchase the service.

My wife and I have never done or waybill or anything similar, we just want to make sure we follow what UKBA need to send the entire package back to my wife after sending it via Royal mail from the UK

The Royal Mail part has nothing to do with it. All that matters is that the return postage will allow the package to be returned to a US address, as they will not deliver to a UK address.

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »
Hi all.

My wife is currently in FedEx and requested to set up a waybill and explained our logistic situation.

She's been told she needs to pick a shipping date etc on the form? How will we know this? There are a few other things that are annoying to.

Also, i cant find anywhere a conclusive Sheffield address that we need to send the visa to
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
This thread has the sheffield address

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=82199.0 [nofollow]

For fedex I just guessed a about 4 working days ahead and used that date and printed a waybill that way - however, UKBA contacted me for my fedex # which is'nt on the digitally printed shipping label and now they are shipping it back not using the label I printed. So I would'nt worry too much about the label, just as long as you include an envelope & your fedex number you'll be fine.
6th Feb 2014 Electronic Application
10th Feb 2014 Biometric Appointment
13th Feb 2014 Purchased priority processing
13th Feb 2014 FedEx'd Documents To Sheffield
17th Feb 2014 Documents arrived at Sheffield
18th Feb 2014 Visa application email from UKBA
7th Mar 2014 "Decision made" email
10th Mar 2014 Recieved Visa

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab