Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153564 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #600 on: July 20, 2014, 02:48:01 AM »
So if the refusal was based on the fact that they didnt think I had enough ties to return to the US after my visit, that should be pretty straight forward now since we ave decided to go the route of the fiancee visa. I will just apply and see what happens but I sure hope it doesn't take 6 weeks......but if it does it does and we will make it anyway :)
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #601 on: July 20, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »
So if the refusal was based on the fact that they didnt think I had enough ties to return to the US after my visit, that should be pretty straight forward now since we ave decided to go the route of the fiancee visa. I will just apply and see what happens but I sure hope it doesn't take 6 weeks......but if it does it does and we will make it anyway :)

As you will now be applying for a fiance visa, you shouldn't have too many issues, because the very thing you are assuming you have been refused for is now what you are proving you WILL be doing for the fiance visa.

For a visitor visa you have to show you DO NOT intend to live in the UK, while for a fiance visa you have to prove that you DO intend to live in the UK.

However, as geeta said, a refused visa automatically makes your application non-straightforward and may take a few extra weeks for processing. It also means you shouldn't try to apply in person in the UK for any visas in the future, due to them needing to look into the refusal and therefore being unable to make a same-day decision.

You are also advised not to use priority service because they can't guarantee it will be processed any quicker (although it may be worth it anyway as it's taking up to 3 months for non-priority at the moment).

From the VFS Global site:

Applicants should be aware that they may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply:

-    You have previously been refused a visa for the UK;
-    You have previously been refused leave to enter the UK;
-    You have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK;
-    You have overstayed a period of leave in the UK;
-    You have been refused leave to remain in the UK by UK Visas and Immigration;
-    You have any unspent criminal convictions in any country.

If any of the above applies to you, you are strongly advised not to apply for the settlement priority service.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #602 on: July 20, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »
Thanks Ali_sun. I guess I will no soon enough. I have to feel as Ksand said....probably because I left my job so they cannot see a reason that I would return at the end of my stay. I am down, but not defeated. Will carry on with the fiancee visa process and then when the letter gets here, we'll see what it says. Tears were shed and emotions came out but we are optimistic. We know our relationship is sincere and forever.  At 40 and 48, we are not new to relationships and know we are meant to be together. A little delay will not change that.      :\\\'(

Hang in there. Let us know what they say. Hoping for the best for you.  [smiley=clover.gif]

« Reply #603 on: July 21, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »
Hello. I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any updates. I've also been following the expat forum and two visa applicants that received their receipt confirmation email from Sheffield exactly on the same date as mine (June 21st, USA applicants for Spouse visa) have been processed already. I can't even get an email reply from the enquiry system to obtain any information. I'm starting to get worried thinking that there is something is wrong with my application as those other ones have been processed already.

« Reply #604 on: July 21, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »
Here's my status.  Priority spousal settlement visa.  I am American, my wife British.

June 27: Arrived in Sheffield according to Fedex
June 29: Received processing email from UK Border Agency

I have already had to change my ticket from ATL-LHR twice.  My wife, who has been in UK with our son since July 4, exchanged 4 emails with her MP, who promised to look into the matter.  I am not sure if getting an MP involved will have any effect, but it worked when her green card was lost in the system and I contacted my representative in Congress for help. 

« Reply #605 on: July 21, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »
Here's my status.  Priority spousal settlement visa.  I am American, my wife British.

June 27: Arrived in Sheffield according to Fedex
June 29: Received processing email from UK Border Agency

I have already had to change my ticket from ATL-LHR twice.  My wife, who has been in UK with our son since July 4, exchanged 4 emails with her MP, who promised to look into the matter.  I am not sure if getting an MP involved will have any effect, but it worked when her green card was lost in the system and I contacted my representative in Congress for help. 

Based on what I've been reading on the forum, I don't think you should be expecting to get your visa back yet, since priority have been taking approx 4-6 weeks and it's been less than four weeks since they received your application. I suspect you'll hear back in the next week or two. Were you expecting to receive it much sooner?
Priority spouse online visa application submitted: June 26 2014
Biometrics appt & sent off application: July 8
Application & docs arrived in Sheffield: July 11
Confirmation email from Sheffield: July 15
Decision email: Aug 18
Visa received: Aug 19
Moved to UK: Aug 22 2014
FLR(M) granted at premium service centre: April 20 2017

« Reply #606 on: July 22, 2014, 02:28:11 AM »
Our MP was helpful when getting our son's visa - the NYC consulate told us to take him - illegally - to the UK on a visitors visa.

We just found out that our applications (paper and electronic) were received, but not associated with each other. Big sigh. So now they have been associated with each other. We found this out by contacting the local British consulate, as we are both British citizens (and our son is now), we have no income or home here, and we are not earning anything either as you have to take unpaid leave in our circumstances (owing to UK government regulations - we are adopting our daughter who is the biological sibling of our son, and you cannot start paid adoption leave while out of the country, yet you must travel to take placement of your child. Another big sigh, unrelated to this).

Anyway, long story short, the consulate clearly feel they do have some responsibility to us as we are all British (mum, dad and now son) and our daughter obviously cannot stay here alone. So they asked for us and we got an answer. I'm not sure this would help many people, as it would be unusual to be applying for a settlement visa for JUST a minor while the minor is outside the UK with their British parents.

We're supposed to hear more on a timeline shortly.
Me: USC by parentage, UKC by birth
Hubby: UKC

« Reply #607 on: July 22, 2014, 08:27:51 AM »
Hello. I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any updates. I've also been following the expat forum and two visa applicants that received their receipt confirmation email from Sheffield exactly on the same date as mine (June 21st, USA applicants for Spouse visa) have been processed already. I can't even get an email reply from the enquiry system to obtain any information. I'm starting to get worried thinking that there is something is wrong with my application as those other ones have been processed already.

So after my enquiry with the UKVI international Enquiry Service, I get this reply: "A decision in your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are conducted". Now I am a bit more concerned. Wrote a polite short email to the Sheffield office to see if I can find out more.

Re:
« Reply #608 on: July 22, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
We got an enquiry this morning asking us to fill in the sponsor financial form. As we'd completed the online form in full and it told us it was fully complete, I'm guessing this is something they've forgotten to link to the set of questions we needed to answer.

Re:
« Reply #609 on: July 22, 2014, 03:05:27 PM »
We got an enquiry this morning asking us to fill in the sponsor financial form. As we'd completed the online form in full and it told us it was fully complete, I'm guessing this is something they've forgotten to link to the set of questions we needed to answer.

Are you referring to Appendix 2 for the spouse visa? If so, yes, this is a huge oversight on the UKVI site. It's clear that it needs to be included when you fill out the paper application, but not when you fill out the online application. Frankly I wonder how much this oversight is slowing down all the applications as they must be having to send a lot of follow up emails and waiting even longer to get the forms.
Priority spouse online visa application submitted: June 26 2014
Biometrics appt & sent off application: July 8
Application & docs arrived in Sheffield: July 11
Confirmation email from Sheffield: July 15
Decision email: Aug 18
Visa received: Aug 19
Moved to UK: Aug 22 2014
FLR(M) granted at premium service centre: April 20 2017

Re:
« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »
No, it's a settlement visa for our 8 week old daughter, not a spouse. But we remember the questions from our son's form ("Can you support yourself? No, I'm a baby")

We don't know if it would populate for a spouse visa, but it didn't for the child visa.

As I've said it's unusual for two UKC parents to be getting a child a settlement visa but a child settlement visa in general has to be pretty common.

Re:
« Reply #611 on: July 22, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »
No, it's a settlement visa for our 8 week old daughter, not a spouse. But we remember the questions from our son's form ("Can you support yourself? No, I'm a baby")

We don't know if it would populate for a spouse visa, but it didn't for the child visa.

As I've said it's unusual for two UKC parents to be getting a child a settlement visa but a child settlement visa in general has to be pretty common.

It is common, but there is no online financial form (it's not there for a spousal visa either)... the form you need is VAF4a Appendix 2, which is the other half of the application form and is very important for your child's visa... the fact that you didn't include it is probably what has been holding up your application and delaying the processing time.

It doesn't matter whether it's a spousal visa or not, you MUST print and fill out VAF4a Appendix 2 for every settlement visa application you make, whether it's for a fiance, spouse, or a child.

The online form is only half of the full application form - it's just generic information about the applicant. Then all of the questions specific to meeting the requirements for a settlement visa (financial requirement category, relationship to the sponsor, UK accommodation) are on Appendix 2, and without it, the application is not complete and the visa will be refused.

It is the responsibility of the UK citizen sponsor to show that they meet the financial and UK accommodation requirement in order for your child's visa to be approved... and the way you do this is by filling out Appendix 2 and including all the required financial documentation relevant to the financial requirement category that you are applying under.

What documents did you include with the application to show that you and/or your husband meet the financial requirement and have guaranteed UK accommodation (with evidence)? The requirements are very specific and you must include every document specified in the financial requirements document.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:41:05 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »
Hi, just wanted to add my timeline. I didn't get an email confirmation from Sheffield yet, which worries me..but I know I read that some people don't get one which is hard since you don't know which date you should start counting from ??? :-\\\\

Visa type: Spouse (non-priority..don't need it till mid September so fingers crossed)
Online application completed: July 7
Biometrics completed: July 11
Application packet mailed: July 15
Documents delivered by FedEx: July 17
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Still waiting
Decision email received:
Visa arrived:

Re:
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
It is common, but there is no online financial form (it's not there for a spousal visa either)... the form you need is VAF4a Appendix 2, which is the other half of the application form and is very important for your child's visa... the fact that you didn't include it is probably what has been holding up your application and delaying the processing time.

It doesn't matter whether it's a spousal visa or not, you MUST print and fill out VAF4a Appendix 2 for every settlement visa application you make, whether it's for a fiance, spouse, or a child.

The online form is only half of the full application form - it's just generic information about the applicant. Then all of the questions specific to meeting the requirements for a settlement visa (financial requirement category, relationship to the sponsor, UK accommodation) are on Appendix 2, and without it, the application is not complete and the visa will be refused.

It is the responsibility of the UK citizen sponsor to show that they meet the financial and UK accommodation requirement in order for your child's visa to be approved... and the way you do this is by filling out Appendix 2 and including all the required financial documentation relevant to the financial requirement category that you are applying under.

What documents did you include with the application to show that you and/or your husband meet the financial requirement and have guaranteed UK accommodation (with evidence)? The requirements are very specific and you must include every document specified in the financial requirements document.

We've done it now.There wasn't any indication it was needed in our original application, unlike when we did her brother's when all the paper forms were there whether needed or not. We already sent our P60s and proof of address (council tax and utility IIRC).

We have no specific financial limit to meet because her entry is "outside the normal regulations".

It definitely seems to be the online/paper failure to link that was holding up our notification as this came after that notification.

Re:
« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
We've done it now.There wasn't any indication it was needed in our original application, unlike when we did her brother's when all the paper forms were there whether needed or not. We already sent our P60s and proof of address (council tax and utility IIRC).

Yes, unfortunately, as minxy said just above, this is an unfortunate oversight on the newly-designed UKVI website and it has been causing a lot of confusion for people here at UK-Y and several people have not included Appendix 2 as they didn't know it was required.

On the website, it reads as if you only need to fill out Appendix 2 if you are from Cuba or N. Korea and are applying using the paper form... which unfortunately is not true. It appears as though the intention was to include the Appendix within the online form, but as this has not been done, the website is confusing and unclear that it is needed.

We have no specific financial limit to meet because her entry is "outside the normal regulations".

Ah, sorry - I didn't realise your case was being considered as outside the rules. You may find it takes a bit longer than normal to process in that case, as they don't get 'outside the rules' applications very often and so usually have spend more time on them to make sure you meet the requirements for the visa.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:24:43 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links