Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153568 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #870 on: September 22, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »
I received a decision made email on Friday, September 19. However, the email indicated they had not received my international courier account information. I had responded to the initial request for this information on the same day (August 26). I provided the information again on September 19 and posted a follow-up email to my husband's MP today to see if they could push this along. Very frustrating! So far, no activity on my UPS account so I am not certain if the package with my documents will go out today or not.

------
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Spouse visa (priority)
Date application submitted (online): August 16
Date biometrics taken and documents sent: August 18
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: August 22
Acknowledgement email and confirmation priority processing has started: August 26
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: None
Date your visa was received: Waiting

« Reply #871 on: September 22, 2014, 04:29:32 PM »
Can anyone tell me what time of day they have gotten their "Decision Made Email"? I lose hope everyday around 11am (EST) as I assume that since that is 4pm in England and they will not be sending any mails out.   Additionally, will they send these emails any weekday, because I typically lose hope after thursday if nothing comes.

I started this process almost exactly four months ago, and upgraded to priority almost two months ago.  If this is NOT my week, I think I might combust.  This has been so UNFAIR of a process. I have contacted my MP three weeks ago, and I just feel a total loss of hope. I don't know how much more I can take

Have you received any notification of your upgrade to priority or processing?  I received my processing email on a Saturday morning at 8:20am EST.  I don't have my visa yet as it only arrived for priority processing on Friday 9, September.  I got my priority processing email on Saturday 13, September.... I just saw someone the other day got an email on a Sunday as well.  Another got her decision made email on a Thursday.  

Have you emailed for your status?  They are responding.  What did your MP say?  Seems crazy you have heard nothing.  Fingers crossed!
Happily Married since 1999,
we have 2 kids and live in Ohio
Visa Type: Priority Spouse
Application on-line: 28, Aug, 2014
Biometrics: 02, Sept, 2014
Paid for Priority: 02, Sept, 2014
Package Mailed: 03, Sept, 2014
Package Received at Sheffield: 05, Sept, 2014
Priority Processing Email from Sheffield: 13, Sept, 2014
Decision Made: ...watch this space...

« Reply #872 on: September 22, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »
Have you received any notification of your upgrade to priority or processing?  I received my processing email on a Saturday morning at 8:20am EST.  I don't have my visa yet as it only arrived for priority processing on Friday 9, September.  I got my priority processing email on Saturday 13, September.... I just saw someone the other day got an email on a Sunday as well.  Another got her decision made email on a Thursday.  

Have you emailed for your status?  They are responding.  What did your MP say?  Seems crazy you have heard nothing.  Fingers crossed!

I received notification of my Priority upgrade on august 1, I applied before that but that was when my email came in.  The mp said that were "looking into the situation" about two weeks ago. 

I have emailed sheffield, but have not gotten a response yet. 

I am at a point where I feel like no matter what direction I go in I am running into a wall, and Im feeling a bit forgotten.  It makes it harder watching everyone else get their responses left and right , when I think I may be one of the longest waiting people on this forum.
Engaged: January 2013
Married: April 17 2014
Online application completed: May 20 2014
Biometrics completed: June 9 2014
Application packet mailed: June 12 2014
Upgraded to Priority: Aug 1, 2014
Decision email received: September 23,2014
Visa arrived: Sept 24, 2014
Moved to England: OCT 4 , 2014

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #873 on: September 22, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
I received notification of my Priority upgrade on august 1, I applied before that but that was when my email came in.  The mp said that were "looking into the situation" about two weeks ago. 

I have emailed sheffield, but have not gotten a response yet. 

I am at a point where I feel like no matter what direction I go in I am running into a wall, and Im feeling a bit forgotten.  It makes it harder watching everyone else get their responses left and right , when I think I may be one of the longest waiting people on this forum.

I would guess that something has gone wrong with your processing...  Do not worry!  I don't mean there is a problem with your application but with the TREATMENT of the application.

I would ask your partner to push his MP for some answers.  I'm willing to bet you didn't actually get moved to the priority pile, which can happen when you upgrade after the fact.  Unfortunately we've seen this before.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #874 on: September 22, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
My lovely UK Spousal visa arrived this morning.  SO MANY OF THE EXCITEMENTS!  I am so relieved to have this process over (for now....). 

I was a tad worried about a few things in the application but, as we did provide the required documents, I kind of had to leave it up to fate.  My husband's payslips for this financial year are black-and-white so I was a tad worried they looked like photocopies.  The bank absolutely refused to stamp or sign or write a letter verifying the bank statements which were printed in their branch.  They said the black-and-white prints they gave my husband were suitable for visa purposes (I stated as much in my cover letter).  To top it all off, my husband's boss went to Malaysia for the whole month of August so we had to have the person he left in charge write the employer's letter for us.  He included a line about the boss being away from the office and had authorized the writer to sign the letter as my husband's supervisor.  Apparently these were acceptable.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.  Hopefully this is the week!
Renee, I second KFdancer's suggestion to get back in touch with your husband's MP.  Something has gone awry in your processing.  I hope you hear something soon.

Final timeline:
Online App Submitted: 18 Aug 2014
Biometrics: 21 Aug 2014
App Sent: 23 Aug 2014
Received in Sheffield:  26 Aug 2014
Confirmation E-Mail: 8 Sep 2014
Decision Made E-Mail: 18 Sep 2014 (Thursday)
Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014

England, here I come!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #875 on: September 22, 2014, 05:57:33 PM »
Congratulations :D!!

The bank absolutely refused to stamp or sign or write a letter verifying the bank statements which were printed in their branch.  They said the black-and-white prints they gave my husband were suitable for visa purposes (I stated as much in my cover letter).

They were correct :). The statements only need to be stamped and signed if you printed them yourself from the internet. If they are printed in the branch, they are considered official.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #876 on: September 22, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Congratulations :D!!

They were correct :). The statements only need to be stamped and signed if you printed them yourself from the internet. If they are printed in the branch, they are considered official.

Thank you for all of your help!  I figured as much.  I just would have been annoyed had they requested different copies because they were blank and white. 
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #877 on: September 22, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
My husband's application was received in Sheffield on 27 August and today he received the "application received" email. Hopefully things might move a bit more quickly now.

« Reply #878 on: September 22, 2014, 08:42:57 PM »
Hello...I am new to this forum, well new to posting.  I recently married my English husband 2 September 2014 and I was reading the updates about receiving visa's but are there any current updates?  Any suggestions on how to go about applying for a spousal visa?  I currently living in Michigan.  My husband and I married in Greece, 2 September 2014.  He is English, born and bred there, currently living there.  I plan to move to England once I apply and receive my spousal visa.

Any help, guidance, support would be greatly appreciated.  My husband does meet the income requirement.

Thank you !

• Liked: 18
« Reply #879 on: September 23, 2014, 03:16:36 AM »
My lovely UK Spousal visa arrived this morning.  SO MANY OF THE EXCITEMENTS!  I am so relieved to have this process over (for now....). 

England, here I come!

Congratulations!!!  Whoo hoo!!!  [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]  :D

I can only imagine how awful this has been for you, and I truly hope that your partner's MP can get to the bottom of what is going on.  The amount and duration of your stress and anxiety is absolutely horrid.  My best wishes that this is resolved for you very, very soon.
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #880 on: September 23, 2014, 04:56:07 AM »

I feel for you, Renee; I have only been waiting one month (though it's been 3 since I've seen my husband!), and everyday I go through a roller-coaster of emotions... checking my email like a crazy person... losing hope by midday EST. Just try and stay positive! Every approved visa means yours could be one step closer. Keep pushing that MP if you can!

My lovely UK Spousal visa arrived this morning.  SO MANY OF THE EXCITEMENTS

Congrats, Beatlemania!!  [smiley=daisy.gif]

Hello...I am new to this forum, well new to posting.  I recently married my English husband 2 September 2014 and I was reading the updates about receiving visa's but are there any current updates?  Any suggestions on how to go about applying for a spousal visa?  I currently living in Michigan.  My husband and I married in Greece, 2 September 2014.  He is English, born and bred there, currently living there.  I plan to move to England once I apply and receive my spousal visa.

Any help, guidance, support would be greatly appreciated.  My husband does meet the income requirement.

Thank you !

Hi, Anna! This thread is really for keeping track of timelines of applications... there's a lot of info in other threads on this same board (Visas & Citizenship), so read through a few that are relevant to your situation. I found that was the best way to figure everything out. If you still have any questions you can't find answers to, you can always post your own thread! :)
• Married a Brit on the 21st of June 2014
• Applied for Spousal Visa (Priority)
• Applied Online: 21 August
• Biometrics Appointment: 25 August
• Application Sent via FedEx Priority: 27 August
• Application Delivered to UKVI in Sheffield: 29 August
• Application Received & Processing Email: 9 September
• Request for Courier Account # Email: 9 September
• Decision Made Email w/ Return Tracking #: 25 September
• Visa Received via FedEx Priority: 26 September
• Moved to Essex, England: 6 October, 2014

« Reply #881 on: September 24, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »
A bit of progress (I think  ???) to report. Two emails received on Monday, 22 September indicating decision made with a UPS tracking number. One UPS tracking number clearly was not intended for me (it was for a package delivered in Texas earlier this month). The other email contained a UPS number that was recognized in the tracking system yesterday for delivery in my city. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring good news for my visa. My husband's MP's office has been very helpful in follow-up as well. Fingers crossed!

------
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Spouse visa (priority)
Date application submitted (online): August 16
Date biometrics taken and documents sent: August 18
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: August 22
Acknowledgement email and confirmation priority processing has started: August 26
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Decision made email: September 22
Projected timeline given: September 25
Date your visa was received: Waiting

« Reply #882 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:10 PM »
OKAY GUYS... This will be a bit of a long one...

SOOO the MP pulled through for us!  Apparently he corresponded with Sheffield Sept 10, and found sent us an email JUST yesterday from the 11 detailing how the sheffield office is very sorry for my delay and that they had "misplaced" some of my supporting document and thus my application was shelved from june until august. They said they had recently found the necessary supporting documents and decided to issue my visa, and that I would be notified shortly of my decision.  That was what they said Sept 11 in an email to my MP.

Today, I finally received my decision made email from sheffield with a tracking number saying my VISA and documents will arrive here tomorrow by 3:00pm.. so it appears to me that they have overnighted them to me...

so first let me say OMG YAYYYY HALLELUUAHHH  AHHHH THANKKK GODDDD...I have been on the phone battling british airways for the last hour trying to book my new flights, and it has been another nightmare.. lol..

Secondly let me say.... Good lord I cannot believe how questionable this visa process is!! They lost my paperwork so they simply shelved it for two months??  It makes me wonder what would have happened had I never contacted my MP!! *Shudder*

ALL in all Im so looking forward to having it in my hands and I am hoping to book this flight for October 4... and my ohhhh my.. This international move has nearly been the death of me... I will be glad to have it all behind me.

I must add the UTMOST GRATITUDE to all of those who have given me kind words and advice, and simply read my whinging posts for the past few months, you have all been a godsend!!

xxxxxxxx
Renee !
Engaged: January 2013
Married: April 17 2014
Online application completed: May 20 2014
Biometrics completed: June 9 2014
Application packet mailed: June 12 2014
Upgraded to Priority: Aug 1, 2014
Decision email received: September 23,2014
Visa arrived: Sept 24, 2014
Moved to England: OCT 4 , 2014

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #883 on: September 25, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »
Congratulations Renee!  What a nightmare.  I would dispute your priority upgrade payment with your credit card company...

• Liked: 19
« Reply #884 on: September 25, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I got my decision email today!!! Now I'm REALLY on pins and needles, lol! I guess I'll have to wait until Monday, I guess, for the package to arrive. They gave me a tracking number, but when I check it on the FedEx website, it said that number couldn't be found. I suspect its because it hasn't been picked up yet? I'm not quite sure... I will check back later.

YAY!!!!  ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

Sponsored Links