Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153558 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #900 on: September 29, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who has been cleared for entry and enjoy your reunion with your loved one! :)

Married: 27-06-14
Spouse Visa Delivered: 27-10-14
Arrived in Wales: 03-12-14
Little GAtoWales born 26-01-16
FLR(M) approval received: 28-07-17
ILR approval received: 04-05-2020

• Liked: 5
« Reply #901 on: September 29, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »
Final Update

:D :D :D :D

So excited to announce my visa has been approved! The relief is absolutely wonderful and I'll book my flights later today. Not gonna be heading off till Nov. 10th because i have quite a few things to finish sorting out, but its wonderful having a certain proper date! Can't wait to see my partner and know its permanent <3

Visa type: Spouse (non-priority)
Online application completed: IDK exactly?
Biometrics completed: July 11
Application packet mailed: July 18
Documents delivered by USPS EXPRESS: July 21st
Email confirmation from Sheffield: July 24th
Decision email received: September 25th
Visa arrived: September 29th APPROVED

• Liked: 134
« Reply #902 on: September 29, 2014, 11:06:49 PM »

Interesting that the validity started on 15 September, but I didn't even get a decision email until the 25th, hmmm.

I noticed that there was about a week between when the visa was issued and when I received the decision e-mail. 

So excited for you, Noelville!

Booked my flights yesterday, heading out at the end of October.  Only 19 days until my husband arrives here.  I should probably start preparing for the move....  what I wouldn't give for Mary Poppins' bag at a time like this!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 0
« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:39 AM »
Fiance/ Proposed Civil Partnership Visa
(settlement)

Date of application online- September 9th 2014
Priority Service
Biometrics - September 12th 2014
Sent through Fed Ex - September 12th 2014
Date Arrived to Sheffield- September 15th 2014
Confirmation email that my application is was received and will be organized for consideration- September 24th 2014

Crossing my fingers..Can't wait to be in my Fiances arm once again

We are scheduled to be married on Thanksgiving!  ;D

The waiting is so nerve wrecking. So far they have no asked for any additional information

« Reply #904 on: September 30, 2014, 03:01:45 PM »
Visa Acquired!!

Wow, what a ride this has been. We have been so nervous.

We applied using category A but using overseas self employment and a job offer in the UK. Not the most straightforward application. I honestly had no idea if I was able to provide what they needed, and have been a nervous wreck.

I have never felt such relief in my life opening that package and seeing that visa. Thanks to all who have posted on here and shared your stories and advice, just reading them gave us hope that everything might work out. And thank you Ksand24 for your help and advice both directly and indirectly. I thought at one point we might need a solicitor but after seeing the great advice and experiences on here we took the risk. YIPEEEE!!!   [smiley=daisy.gif]
Type of visa: Spouse (Priority)
Online Application submitted: 15 August 2014
Date Biometrics taken: 25 August 2014
Date Application sent via Fed Ex: 25 August 2014
Date Application delivered by Fed Ex: 27 August 2014
Confirmation email from Sheffield: 8 September 2014
Decision email from Sheffield: 26 September
Visa received: 30 September!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #905 on: September 30, 2014, 05:53:44 PM »
In all the excitement I failed to post that my youngest son and I received our settlement visas on Friday, 26 September. Our solicitor did an outstanding job and was worth every penny.

My son and I fly to London on Friday, 03 October to be reunited with my husband and three eldest sons. I've not seen my family since January 2014.

Congratulations to all new visa holders and well done!!

Freespirit02

• Liked: 1
« Reply #906 on: October 01, 2014, 06:44:33 AM »
Congratulations to everyone who have received their visas. I am hoping that I not only receive mine but that it is dated according to the dates I mentioned on the application. We are to be married in March because my plane ticket is for December but if they approve me this month and start my visa then I will be up a creek because I will spend the next few months here and once we are married we won't have the time built in to apply for the FLR visa from London.

Oh well no worrying until I see an issue actually in print.
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Fiance visa (priority)
Date application submitted (online): September 10
Date biometrics taken & documents sent: September 15
Date documentation was received by UKBA: September 17
Acknowledgement email & confirmation priority processing has started: September 24
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Date of decision email: October 6
Date visa was received: October 8
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015
Applying in Person for FLR(M) April 18, 2014
ILR sometime soonish eek!

« Reply #907 on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
My husband received a phone call from Sheffield today to clarify some information on his application form. He asked if there was a decision yet and was told there will be one made in the next few days. We're both really nervous as we've not heard of Sheffield phoning people, just emailing them. Anyone else had a phone call from Sheffield?

• Liked: 4
« Reply #908 on: October 02, 2014, 07:00:36 PM »
I just received my visa!!!  ;D It was delivered by FedEx. I never received an email from Sheffield that a decision was made, it just showed up. (visa dated 26 Sep, FedEx package dated 29 Sep, delivered in California 2 Oct)

Thank you soooo much to everyone who replied to my questions. Major congratulations to everyone else who recently received theirs and good luck to those waiting!

Now to figure out airfare with two cats  :D
5 Sep 13-met in Australia
18 Aug 14- married in USA
2 Sep 14- submitted application online
5 Sep 14- biometrics apptointment, priority service paid for, and entire visa app mailed to Sheffield
8 Sep 14- Fedex tracking package received & signed for!
13 Sep 14 - Email received acknowledging application received & priority status
2 Oct 14- Visa received!!

« Reply #909 on: October 03, 2014, 06:41:33 PM »
Hi all,

Long time lurker. This forum has been a godsend for my husband and I during this process. I just wanted to add our timeline to the mix as well in case it helps calm anyone's nerves.

Details:
  • Married 3+ years to UK citizen
  • Son from marriage born in US
  • Husband had job offer letter from family business in UK
  • Priority service used

Timeline:
21 Jul 11- Married in USA after US based relationship
19 May 12 - Welcomed Son, applied for US passports for him and I shortly thereafter
30 Jul 14 - Sent Son's UK Passport application to relatives in UK to have signed and mailed (shorter processing time than overseas applications)
2 Sep 14 - Son's UK Passport Arrives
2 Sep 14 - Biometrics appointment, submitted application online
5 Sep 14-  Submitted priority service application online, paid and mailed to Sheffield
8 Sep 14 - Application arrives in Sheffield and signed for
14 Sep 14 - Email received acknowledging application received & priority status
30 Sep 14 - Decision Made Email (11 working days after official receipt, 20 working days after mailing)
3 Oct 14 - Visa received (via FedEx...another post ( newcomer link: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=83868.0 [nonactive] ) said they are no longer using this service so that may effect future deliveries)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #910 on: October 06, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »
Just got an email saying a decision has been made. Now to wait for my fedex package to arrive and tell me if that decision is a good one or not.
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Fiance visa (priority)
Date application submitted (online): September 10
Date biometrics taken & documents sent: September 15
Date documentation was received by UKBA: September 17
Acknowledgement email & confirmation priority processing has started: September 24
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Date of decision email: October 6
Date visa was received: October 8
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015
Applying in Person for FLR(M) April 18, 2014
ILR sometime soonish eek!

• Liked: 5
« Reply #911 on: October 06, 2014, 06:22:19 PM »
Just curious if anyone has had recent experience with in-country applications such as an EEA2 and timelines.  I know it can take up to 6 months, but hopeful it won't take quite that long. 

« Reply #912 on: October 07, 2014, 02:47:01 AM »
My partners visa arrived today!!!
We are so happy and genuinely knackered from this process. What a roller coaster.

Thank you all for your help and advice, we took it and it worked, so again-thank you.

As additional info:
We did fedex prior to the change and it did come back ok.
Priority seems worth it.
We got all our papers back. One photo bent. And no letter just literally the passport in the middle of the papers which we then found the lovely visa in. (Imagine the panic in the car outside out fedex store with all those papers!)

So now to book tickets....is there a thread on the airlines that charge the least for additional bags? ;)
Non Married Partners Application
Online Application - Sept 7th
Biometrics Complete - Sept 11th
Priority Paid - Sept 13th
Documents sent to Sheffield - Sept 13th
Fedex confirmed package delievered - Sept 17th -
Confirmation from UKBA - Sept 23rd
Email of decision made - October 3rd
His Visa Arrived - October 6th!!! Yey!!!!

« Reply #913 on: October 07, 2014, 02:35:25 PM »
My husband has just received his decision made email :) According to Fedex the package should be delivered on Thursday. Fingers crossed!

« Reply #914 on: October 07, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
Bad news for those applying with Fedex. I followed the instructions directly from my sheet after my biometric appointment and send via fedex... today I got the below email. Anyone have advice about the best international courier service to use... I'm having a big issue with these. Most people are telling me that it is not something they can do I am waiting for DHL to call me back. I wanted to share this hear as well in case other people are sending apps. DO NOT USE FEDEX for the return!

Dear Applicant,

Further to our recent e-mail confirming the receipt of your application, we have been unable to locate your international courier account number with the documents you submitted. Unfortunately, we are unable to despatch your documents back to you unless an international courier customer account number is supplied.

We can inform you that a courier account can be created free of charge online, or in most cases over the phone and is used as a payment method instead of using a credit card number (which we cannot use by itself unfortunately).  If the international courier account number can be provided, there should be no further issues in despatching your documents once the application is completed.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab