Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153580 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #975 on: October 31, 2014, 11:28:10 PM »

My app is priority but see TXKat that we are within days of each other, both for the Fiancee` visa.

Country USA
Online application October 5, 2014
Visa type: Fiancee , priority
Biometrics done  October 17
Pkg to Sheffield  October 17 UPS
Delivered Sheffield  October 20
Email from Sheffield getting package sorted for Entry clearance officer October 21
Decision made   TODAY October 30 : UPS delivery November 3
Received:   Waiting   

« Reply #976 on: November 01, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »
That's great news - here's hoping our decision comes soon.  The waiting is awful.

« Reply #977 on: November 01, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Thank you.  The waiting is very hard & not a hint when you get the decision letter. Hoping & praying for Visa in mine ....as well that you get a good answer soon.

« Reply #978 on: November 01, 2014, 03:12:24 PM »
sputinka - Since the priority line is speeding up, I would think that maybe overall processing (including non-priority) is speeding up as well. It can only mean good things if the process is getting faster at the moment, right? keep us updated!

• In my nothing you meant everything to me
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #979 on: November 03, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »
I currently live in the UK and my spousal visa will expire soon.
Hubby and I went to a Settlement Checking Service today with the SET (M) and all supporting documents and payment. 
They went over everything and sent it off for us TODAY.

The officer said that waiting times are very long because everything is backlogged due to UK passport overflow and that we could be waiting up to SIX MONTHS.

Is anyone in a similar situation experiencing terribly long waiting times?
Is that a realistic timeline?

We can't travel in the meantime, obviously.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #980 on: November 03, 2014, 05:43:34 PM »
Is anyone in a similar situation experiencing terribly long waiting times?
Is that a realistic timeline?

We can't travel in the meantime, obviously.
Yes, this is a fairly realistic timeline. Currently, ILR applications are taking about 5 months for processing (people who applied in May/June are getting their visas about now).

The only way to get it processed quickly is to pay an extra £400 for an in-person appointment (which would have been a same-day decision).

This thread is mainly for people applying for their initial visas in the US, but we have an ILR processing times thread, which you can read through (and add to) for current processing times:
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=61433

« Reply #981 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
Country USA
Visa type: proposed civil partner- non priority
Biometrics done: September
Pkg to Sheffield :October 4th UPS
Delivered Sheffield: October 6th
Email from Sheffield getting package sorted for Entry clearance officer: October 8th
Decision made: 30th October
Received: 3rd November
VISA APPROVED!!!!!  :)

« Reply #982 on: November 04, 2014, 01:37:20 AM »
Country USA
Online application October 5, 2014
Visa type: Fiancee , priority
Biometrics done  October 17
Pkg to Sheffield  October 17 UPS
Delivered Sheffield  October 20
Email from Sheffield getting package sorted for Entry clearance officer October 21
Decision made   TODAY October 30 : UPS delivery November 3
Received:  November 3, 7PM UPS--YES YES YES, it's a beautiful visa !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The beginning date is October 22/14

Good luck to all those who are still waiting!!!!!

« Reply #983 on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
Decision e-mail received today!!! To say my fiance and I are excited is an understatement.  No we just have the wait for the documents to be sent back  ???

« Reply #984 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »
Decision e-mail received today!!! To say my fiance and I are excited is an understatement.  No we just have the wait for the documents to be sent back  ???

SOOOOO happy for you TXKat!!
Wishing good things for your returning package.   [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #985 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:02 PM »
Decision e-mail today!
If only they'd say the answer in the e-mail, so much suspense!  :o

« Reply #986 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:28 AM »
We just got our decision email on the 5th, and the package is said to arrive on the 11th. I agree, they should just tell you in the email! As if this process isn't drawn out long enough as it is!  :-[

I don't want to get too excited, what if the visa is denied? Although, it seems most people who receive a "decision made" email, get a visa in the mail. Has anyone heard otherwise?
"Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale."

Met in Michigan through a friend: 31-8-13
Engaged in Paris: 16-4-14
Married in Michigan: 19-9-14
Biometrics and mailed application: 8-10-14
Package arrived: 10-10-14
Email that application was being looked at: 14-10-14
Email that I needed to send Appendix II: 14-10-14 (10 min later...oops!)
Emailed them the Appendix II: 16-10-14
Decision made email: 5-11-14
Visa received: 12-11-14
Arrived in England: 18-11-14!!

« Reply #987 on: November 07, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
We just got our decision email on the 5th, and the package is said to arrive on the 11th. I agree, they should just tell you in the email! As if this process isn't drawn out long enough as it is!  :-[

They used to tell you the decision in the email - when settlement visas were processed in NYC (they moved to Sheffield in March 2013), they sent out either an 'approval' or 'refusal' email. However, Sheffield just send out a generic 'decision made' email.

I don't want to get too excited, what if the visa is denied? Although, it seems most people who receive a "decision made" email, get a visa in the mail. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Everyone receives the 'decision made' email, whether their visa has been approved or refused. However, approximately 95-98% of settlement visas applications made in the US are approved, so most people will get their visa.

If it is refused, then you need to see what the reasons for refusal are and if it is possible for you to meet the reasons for refusal, you can re-apply for the visa, addressing those reasons. If you are refused for a reason that can't be fixed (i.e. you don't and can't meet the financial requirement), then you won't be able to re-apply.

They may offer you the chance to appeal the decision if it is refused, but appeals will only be successful if you met all the requirements but UKVI made a mistake in refusing the visa. Appeals can take about a year to be processed, so usually it's not worth bothering with them.

• Maidenhead, UK
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
I'm sure this has been posted many times! But can anyone give me the link to the documents my husband and I will need. We were just married on the 12th of October, and will be applying for a spouse visa. We have to wait for his pay stub and bank statement for this month to apply, as he's gotten two raise and this will be the 6th month showing that he's made over 18,600. But he's been employed with this company for about a year and a half almost 2 years. So we are very much beyond clear regarding financial requirements. He also has his own apartment which the landlord is okay with me staying there.

But I just need help with what documents I exactly need when I apply. I'm just a little nervous and want to ensure that I do it right the first time and ONLY time. Thanks so much!
Met: Nov, 2011
Started relationship: Feb, 2012
Engaged: October 4, 2013
Married: October 12, 2014
Online Application: February 23, 2015
Biometrics completed: February 27, 2015
Priority processing paid: March 11, 2015
Package sent to Sheffield: March 11, 2015
Application being processed: March 16, 2015
Decision made email: March 17, 2015
Visa Approved: March 18, 2015
Flights Booked: May 10, 2015
FLR (M) application: December 12, 2017
Biometrics invite: December 22, 2017
Biometrics completed: Jan 3,
FLR (M) Approved: Jan 25, 2018

« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
But I just need help with what documents I exactly need when I apply. I'm just a little nervous and want to ensure that I do it right the first time and ONLY time. Thanks so much!

The UKVI suggested document list is here, although not everything on there will apply to you:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Also check the financial requirement document to make sure you know exactly what financial documents you will need:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/371437/AnnexFM_Section_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

It's a good idea to post a list of the documents you are including in a new thread so that if you are missing anything or have too much, we can let you know :).

Also, in case you aren't already aware, there are two application forms to fill out:

- the online application: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
and
- VAF4a Appendix 2 (which has all the spousal visa questions on it): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Your application will not be complete without BOTH of these :).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:37:07 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab