Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Application Visa4UK  (Read 3520 times)

• Liked: 107
Visa Application Visa4UK
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:06 AM »
Hi everyone.

MY fiancee and I have began the online application of the spouse visa.

It seems to be very unrelated to our actual application. For example, 'how long do you plan to stay in the UK?' Well, indefinitely, hence the visa, hence why I'm filling in this application.

Following this there is then the question that asks 'Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?'. Seriously? It then asks you to state every single time. How are you suppose to track the past 10 years?

Is the visa supposed to be this vague and difficult? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ben
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Visa Application Visa4UK
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:03:24 AM »
It's not vague or difficult.  They want to know where you've traveled in the last 10 years, outside of your country of residence.  They also want to know if you plan to live in the UK indefinitely or for 6 months and then go home. Just answer them to the best of your ability.

The questions aren't that convoluted or obtuse.  You're over-thinking it. 

Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:09:31 AM »
It seems to be very unrelated to our actual application. For example, 'how long do you plan to stay in the UK?' Well, indefinitely, hence the visa, hence why I'm filling in this application.

Unfortunately, that's a glitch in the online application system - I think the application asks that for every visa, regardless of the type of visa you are applying for.

Just answer it the best you can (i.e. if it lets you write 'indefinitely' then write that, otherwise maybe put the expiration date of her passport).

Just to check that you are applying for the correct visa, you need to select:

Settlement -> Settlement -> Wife for the visa type.

Following this there is then the question that asks 'Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?'. Seriously? It then asks you to state every single time. How are you suppose to track the past 10 years?

Yes, you have to list every single trip outside the US in the last 10 years. It doesn't have to be exact - an estimated date of each trip is fine.

If she has travelled abroad, then her passport should have stamps with the dates on, so that's possibly a good place to start. She will need to send every passport she has ever held with her application anyway.
Is the visa supposed to be this vague and difficult?

It should be pretty straightforward.

Have you had a look at the paper version of the application for reference?

The questions are very slightly different, but it's good to look at in preparation for filling out the online form. That way you can work out how you will answer the questions before you get to the online form, and it also has a guide for how to answer some of them at the bottom of the application form:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf4a.pdf

As well as the online application form, she will also need to print and fill out VAF4a Appendix 2, which actually contains the majority of the important information for the application (financial requirement, accommodation, the details of your relationship history etc.):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf4a2.pdf

• Liked: 82
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »

Just to check that you are applying for the correct visa, you need to select:

Settlement -> Settlement -> Wife for the visa type.

Is this the same for the OP as he stated it was for his fiancee. 

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
Good catch, but he mentioned on Feb 18 that they were getting married that wkd.
Jan 2012  >  stars aligned & we met online
Feb 2012 - May 2013  >  lots of back & forth 
May 2013  >  biometrics & fiancé application
Jun 2013  >  fiancé visa approved (5 wk process w/o priority)
Oct 2013  >  married in the Peak District
Nov 2013 > FLR(M) approved (Croydon PEO)
Apr 2016 > FLR(M) approved (Croydon PEO)

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »

Yes, good catch.

I said Wife because I knew from his other posts and previous conversations on the forum that he has just flown to the US to get married and that they will be applying for a spousal visa after the wedding.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
Thanks for the links ksand. I noticed a nice pdf explaining the supporting documentation needed.

I am now officially married and it feels great! haha.

And I have to say that yes the visa form is vague Kristi, it doesn't even give you the option of wife or husband on 'relationship to sponsor' on a wife visa.

I was hoping that I could send the required documents (appendix 2 forms) from here but then my fiancée would need to send her passport and biometric info stuff though? Can I  get round this without sending her all my evidence?
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
All supporting documents along with the application, biometrics receipt and Appendix 2 must be sent together.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
Okay. Sorry I must still be jetlagged as ksand has mentioned that she could send me her stuff for me to submit, rather than me sending mortgage statement etc.

How will I get round the FedEx prepaid receipt form etc however as the whole package needs returning to her. Is there a number I could call Sheffield on to confirm?
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »
You can send the whole package from the UK if you wish.  You must include a waybill for return to your spouse in the US.  She should open an account with FedEx and either print a waybill if possible or go to a FedEx store and pick up a international waybill and fill it out for return.

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
Congratulations on your wedding :D!

Okay. Sorry I must still be jetlagged as ksand has mentioned that she could send me her stuff for me to submit, rather than me sending mortgage statement etc.

How will I get round the FedEx prepaid receipt form etc however as the whole package needs returning to her. Is there a number I could call Sheffield on to confirm?

I did say that, but EVERYTHING must be sent together in the same package. You don't need to contact Sheffield, it's a very straightforward process. I thought I had explained what I meant fairly clearly, but perhaps not.

The way it should work is:

- She submits the application, and attends the biometrics appointment

- She puts everything together in the package, sets up a return shipping waybill with an online FedEX or UPS account and includes the details in her package, along with suitable packaging for the return shipping

- She sends the package to YOUR UK address via UPS or FedEx.

- You receive the package and add your documents, then you mail it to Sheffield using Royal Mail.

[If you guys want to use the Settlement Priority Service for faster processing, you can first go to the Worldbridge website and purchase it for $300, print the receipt, put it in the package and write Settlement Priority Service on the package... then you mail it to Sheffield for her.]

- UKBA will process the visa and then send her passport, the visa and all the documents back to her in the US using the international shipping she sorted out before she mailed it to you.

All you will do is receive her visa application package in the UK, open it, add your documents, pay for priority processing if she wants to use it, seal it again and then mail it to Sheffield.

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »
You did make it clear thank you ksand, but I was just confused on the FedEx side of things.

Thanks Anonymiss.

So if she sets up a waybill, prints it, and sends it with her passport, application printout and biometrics form that should be fine.

I will then package the whole application up, put it in a folder, box it and send it
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »
You did make it clear thank you ksand, but I was just confused on the FedEx side of things.

Thanks Anonymiss.

So if she sets up a waybill, prints it, and sends it with her passport, application printout and biometrics form that should be fine.

I will then package the whole application up, put it in a folder, box it and send it

Yes, that should be fine.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »
Excuse my ignorance on the matter, I'm guessing a waybill is just a prepaid paper form that UKBA can attach to the package?
Feb 2014 - Married
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab