Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: cat hiding behind kitchen cabinets  (Read 1413 times)

• Liked: 0
cat hiding behind kitchen cabinets
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:41:25 PM »
The pet relocation (one dog and one cat) went off pretty flawlessly yesterday. Pet relocation ferried them through customs, BA handled them with care, and I received them right on time in the flat. The dog has handled the move super well, with nice playtime in Clapham Common putting her at ease. The car is a different story.

He's hiding behind the fully enclosed kitchen cupboards. I can see him by using my pho e as a periscope under the sink but I can't reach him. I've tried luring him out with food and by talking to him but he's just sitting back there. Anyway there's not much to be said except that it's upsetting. Plus, hard to imagine going to work come Monday if he's still back there. Hopefully I can pure him out by then. I wish I'd locked him in a single room to start but hindsight's 20/20 I guess. If the British consulate hadn't held up my wife's passport she'd be here and he'd come out for her. Ack.

• Liked: 4985
Re: cat hiding behind kitchen cabinets
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »
Aww, poor kitty.

Hopefully now that it's getting dark, he'll venture out of his hiding spot.  Can you close off all the doors except the kitchen and your bedroom tonight?  Maybe he will wander in.  Let us know when he ventures out!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »
I got worried that this would stretch on so I switched from persuasion to force. Took apart the cabinet bottoms and forced him to move within arms length, grabbed him by the scruff and pulled him out. Now he's shut in the spare bedroom with his food and litter tray. And all it cost me was a half pint of blood! Cats, I swear. But now I'm not worried about the dogwalker mistakenly letting out or something. Can't wait until mommy gets here!! Poor guy. I knew this would be a tough move for him but losing his cat roommate a few weeks ago and now his mom would it being here just makes it a million times worse. Sorry little guy!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »
Oh poor thing! He has gone through a lot  :( Hopefully he will settle down if he is by himself for awhile....
Glad to hear the pets got moved over with no problems though!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 09:17:05 PM »
I think he just needs time. I know it's tempting to force him to do things but, after his big adventure, it's probably best to let him adjust at his own pace. I hope it's smooth sailing from here!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

Sponsored Links