Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questioned more or less?  (Read 1779 times)

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • Liked: 0
Questioned more or less?
« on: March 11, 2014, 09:42:13 PM »
My fiance' I think enjoys trying to make me nervous.

As this is my 5th visit to the UK, same time span as the last few-3wks. Will I be questioned more or less as previous visits?

I'm just curious to know others experiences. I mean I'll have a return ticket, cash, credit cards & letter from employer. Things I've always had before. Work the same job ect. The last time I went thru the girl even said it was obvious I knew the drill. lol.

but my fiance' thinks I'll be questioned more heavily due to this being my 5th visit even though I've always visited Once a year for 3wks aside from the first year I visited twice.
Met online: 2001
Lost contact: 2005-2010
Found me on Facebook: 12-26-10
Officially dating: 4-9-11
Met in person: 5-5-11 *stayed 3wks in UK*
Met 2nd time: 9-29-11 *stayed 2wks*
Proposed: 10-9
3rd visit: 5-27-12 *3wk stay*
4th visit: 3-28-13 *3wk stay*
5th Visit: 05-13 to 11-3 2014
Fiance' Visa: 2015

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
Re: Questioned more or less?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
I made three lengthy trips to the UK before moving here. (6 weeks, 9 weeks and 3 months). I was extremely nervous on my first trip as I was staying with my parents while my divorce and house were being settled and I am self-employed. I was also completely exhausted and a bit upset (as I detest flying). The first time I was questioned for about 10-15 minutes, then told to sit down in the chairs in front of the desks while they called my then-BF. They questioned him for 5 minutes or so, then me again for 5 minutes, and then I was allowed through.

The next two trips I was questioned significantly less, perhaps because I was much less nervous, and by then not only did I 'know the drill' but slipped in a comment that I was fully aware of the visa regs and would be returning home to apply for a fiancee visa. I also stressed that I definitely needed to return to the USA because all the stuff from my old house was currently either in storage or at my parents and I needed to sort through everything and tidy up my affairs before moving.

It sounds like you are prepared. I wouldn't worry.
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab