Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Kate Bush - a confession  (Read 1802 times)

• Liked: 533
Kate Bush - a confession
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »
I don't quite get Kate Bush. I heard Wuthering Heights in the supermarket once and remember thinking, "This is sort of a strange song to have in between Don't You Want Me Baby and Push the Button".

I'll listen to some more.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 2
Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:57:51 PM »
I like This Woman's Work and Running Up That Hill but yeah... I don't quite get her, either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 2
Re: Kate Bush - a confession
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:14 AM »
I like both "Running up that Hill" and "Wuthering Heights," but that's probably all of hers I do like.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »
I didn't even know who she was - had to ask someone when all the hype started!  :-[
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

• On a stroppy little island of mixed up people...
    • City of Villages Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 01:11:48 AM »
I didn't either at first, but now I love her. Running up that hill (Deal with God) and Sat in your lap are two of my favourite songs, and you can hear her influence in music like Portishead, Bjork, Goldfrapp, St Vincent and PJ Harvey. I think she's very much the quintessential eccentric English musician. The Dreaming is the best place to start listening to her, I think, it has some of her most famous songs.
It is difficult to speak adequately, or justly, of London. It is not a pleasant place; it is not agreeable, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent... the biggest aggregation of human life, the most complete compendium in the world.
-Henry James

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »
I think she's very much the quintessential eccentric English musician.

You know I have been feeling bad, as it sounded like I didn't like her music. Just every now and then I hear about something like Bush's series of new concerts - it is obviously a very big deal - but I had no idea who she was, or more so, her importance.

I remember finding out about Cliff Richard, looking at his album sales - counting both his records with the Shadows and his solo work, he is up there with Elvis and the Beatles. It's a bit like being a long-time driver and suddenly noticing that there is such a thing as a rear view mirror.

Of course it works both ways, my Ed Sullivan impression just gets strange looks here.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »
Kate Bush was big in the US. I was a huge fan. Still am.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 02:20:33 PM »
Kate Bush was big in the US. I was a huge fan. Still am.

Crap, it's me then....

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »
Prior to moving to the UK, I never heard of her either, and then when I did, I wish I could have un-heard her. My husband is a fan, though.
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab