Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Checklist  (Read 393 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR Checklist
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are due to complete the ILR procedure on the old rules this summer. I am reaching out to anyone that is able to provide us with a detailed checklist as to exactly what documents we require to gain ILR.

We thank you all very much in advance.

Mike 

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR Checklist
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »
All the documents you require are listed clearly on the application form. It's much easier than your previous visa with less documents required. ILR is rarely refused, unless you don't qualify for it (i.e. you haven't taken the Life in the UK test or have not reached 2 years in the UK before you apply).

The basics:

- your passport and passport photo
- your spouse's passport (or full photocopy of) and passport photo
- Life in the UK test pass certificate
- your marriage certificate
- your last 6 months of bank statements and payslips (from one or both of you, depending on who is earning) and any savings account statements
- any evidence of benefits if the UK citizen is claiming any (the US citizen cannot have claimed any)
- 6 letters addressed to both of you at the same address, spread evenly over the 2 years. Either 6 jointly addressed, one per 4-month period, or 12 individually addressed, 2 per 4-month period, or a combination thereof.

The applicant must also have no unspent criminal convictions, and must have passed the Life in the UK test before applying.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »
Thanks for this thread, very helpful! I'm getting ready to apply in June - am I correct in remembering that you can apply within 28 days of your UK entry date? I believe I'll be going for one of the in-person interviews, to avoid being without my passport for months. So if my entry date was 2 July, I can apply from the first week of June 2014 up until 2 July - is that right?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:48:19 PM »
a note make sure you have the correct form   form   M     not frl(M) I made the mistake yesterday and they gave me correct forms I  filled them out there . and bring extra items with your address incase they can not use some you brought .and book early before the  28 days but only with in the 28 days so you are not loosing sleep for the call back for the appointment..

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
Thank you once again ksand24 for some valuable information.

Much appreciated.

Mike

Sponsored Links