Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage Visa (6 months)  (Read 1688 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Marriage Visa (6 months)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 01:07:26 AM »
Last one for the evening, as I have a pile of paperwork in front of me.

How hard is it to go through bringing her to the US once she's married to me?

She was denied a visitors visa once on grounds of over staying or staying for good.   Is that nullified because we're married and going for a Green Card?

Thanks!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 06:52:56 AM »
I read this as:  I'm basically taking holiday but will receive payment for completed projects while in the UK.

See, it's easy for the same statement to be read differently by different people.  I would make sure this is really clear on your application (that you won't be working while here).

Sorry, I probably should have been more clear - I read it that way as well, which I should have mentioned in my reply.

I was just stating the rules about working as a visitor and making it clear that no actual work can be completed while in the UK. If it was completed beforehand and you will just receive the payment for it while in the UK, that shouldn't be an issue - just make it very clear that no actual work will be done in the UK.

How hard is it to go through bringing her to the US once she's married to me?

She was denied a visitors visa once on grounds of over staying or staying for good.   Is that nullified because we're married and going for a Green Card?

Well, she will need a visa to enter the US no matter what happens (whether as a visitor or on a spousal visa) - I don't know if her previous visa refusal will affect the spousal visa application for the US though.

Be aware though that it will take several months for a US visa to be granted for her to move to the US - the average is about 8-10 months (in comparison you can get a spousal visa for the UK in just a matter of weeks).

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 09:53:15 AM »
If you are going to use US medical bills as proof that you are going to return home, perhaps you should also show you have full medical insurance for your proposed trip to the UK? They are really clamping down on those who use the NHS for free when the aren't allowed to do that.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:55:42 AM by SusanP »

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
There is no requirement to have medical insurance to travel to the UK.

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »
There is no requirement to have medical insurance to travel to the UK.

This maybe true but I wouldn't go anywhere in the World without travel/medical insurance.

I know in our hospital emergency room it says that unless you are a resident you will be charged for treatment….

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »
This maybe true but I wouldn't go anywhere in the World without travel/medical insurance.

I know in our hospital emergency room it says that unless you are a resident you will be charged for treatment….

That's fine but as insurance is not required, a visa applicant does not need to show proof of insurance in his or her visa application.

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »
Hello!

More questions!

We are both illustrators and that 18.6k threshold is quite high, but if I paid HER for work done for me while I am not working, would that be acceptable?

Or in general, giving her my funds to push to that number?

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »
No, that will not work. She has to demonstrate her income with a letter from her employer and pay stubs.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 06:56:21 PM »
I saw that we can set up a joint account six months prior and as long as it hits the 18.6k threshold, that should be ok, yes?

And, my biometrics are on Wednesday the 30th, do I send my application in then or after I get my bios back?

And I cannot figure out where the hell to send it, either.

I cant tell you how much I appreciate your help.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 07:03:14 PM »
You can set up an account, but saving $18,600 in it is not going to fulfill the requirement.  The requirement is not to HAVE $18,600 when you apply.  It is to EARN at least $18,600 per annum as demonstrated by a contract with an employer, paystubs, and a letter from the employer.

If you want to use savings to meet the financial requirement, the amount required is much higher, depending on how much the sponsor's salary falls short of the $18,600.

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »
I saw that we can set up a joint account six months prior and as long as it hits the 18.6k threshold, that should be ok, yes?

No, not okay.

To meet the requirement your fiancé must have been earning a minimum salary of £18,600 in the UK for at least 6 months before you submit your online application. To prove this, she must send 6 months of payslips showing at least £1,550 gross salary each month and 6 months of bank statements showing each payslip being deposited, as well as a letter from her employer confirming her salary of £18,600 (and other things) and her job contract and P60.

If she can't meet this requirement, you will need a large amount of savings that have been in your account(s) in full for a minimum of 6 months - the first £16,000 of savings does not count and then you need 2.5 times the difference between her salary and £18,600. If you can't use any of her salary you need £62,500 in savings for 6 months before applying.

And, my biometrics are on Wednesday the 30th, do I send my application in then or after I get my bios back?

No your bios get sent directly to UKBA electronically. You have 14 days from your bios for all your documents to arrive in NYC.

And I cannot figure out where the hell to send it, either.

You send the marriage visitor visa documents to the UK consulate in NYC. The address should be on your biometrics sheet.

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 08:18:22 PM »
Thank you for the swift information!

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »
I have a question about joint bank accounts and citizenship.

Now, my bank will let her joint account with me; but does anyone know about UK banks (her's is NatWest and I'm waiting on their reply) that do that?

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »
I have a question about joint bank accounts and citizenship.

Now, my bank will let her joint account with me; but does anyone know about UK banks (her's is NatWest and I'm waiting on their reply) that do that?

Yes, you can hold joint bank accounts in the UK. However, it's unlikely that she will be able to add you to her account until you are living in the UK on a spousal visa... because you will have to go into the bank with her in person, and show them your passport, valid visa and a utility bill with your UK address on it.

Some people have found it very difficult to set up a UK joint account even after they have moved to the UK - it has taken several months in some cases, and some people found it was actually easier for the US citizen to open their own account than it was to be added to their spouse's account.

Why are you so interested in setting up a joint account anyway?

It's not required for a spousal visas and won't help your application in any way. If you're using savings for the visa, as long as the money in the account is in either your name or her name (and not anyone else's name), that's all you need. You just include bank statements from whichever accounts have the money in them.

In the case of the UK citizen's income, it makes no difference if the money goes into a joint account or not - the entire income has to be earned by the UK citizen.

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
Oh!

I wish I could give each one of you people a damn hug.

This is so much help.

Sponsored Links