Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finding the right pet insurance  (Read 1758 times)

• Liked: 0
Finding the right pet insurance
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
I understand that most pet insurance companies rely on the pets age, etc. I have read reviews for pet insurance and I'm worried about going for the wrong one because they all seem to have negative reviews mainly about how the company won't pay for vet bills when their pet(s) became sick or injured.

At the moment, I have been looking at pet ads to find a pet that suits my husband's and my lifestyle. Mainly looking at cats, but would love to have a dog (which is something we understand and would honestly feel guilty leaving a dog alone all day). I have recently got a new job and my hours are Mon-Thurs from 7:30am to 16:30pm and Fridays 7am to 13:00pm.

Any suggestions/advice is welcome.

• Liked: 3
Re: Finding the right pet insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »
I just did a comparison on Money Supermarket.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
If you don't have a pet yet, you'll likely want to do a search once you have a specific animal in mind - age/breed/health history can all affect how much you'll pay for insurance. Things to watch out for: lifetime vs annual limits for conditions, age restrictions (a lot of companies won't insure "senior" pets, you'll need to check with them as to their definition of senior).

Re: dogs and working, it's down to the dog. We've got a big dog (labrador/shepherd/greyhound mix) who is hardly the poster child for living in a city (we lived in London for 3 years) or being left alone for long periods (with commuting, my husband and I are gone about 12 hours/day). He does fine - he sleeps during the day, the neighbours say he never barks, and he gets walked right before we leave and right after we get home. You can also look into a dog walking service so that your dog could get out during the day for exercise/bathroom breaks.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »
I do apologise for the late reply and I do appreciate the advice/suggestions.

@TykeMan - I have done the same before making this thread. :3

@equestrianerd - My husband and I are very set on Balinese cat breed as our pets. We plan to have two. I have been communicating a Balinese breeder, they don't kittens yet atm. I will definitely check with the company when it comes to the time that the kittens are seniors.

Sponsored Links