Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: priority service update?  (Read 368 times)

• Liked: 0
priority service update?
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »
Hey all,

I sent my visa in on Monday, it arrived in Sheffield yesterday. I got a confirmation email from FedEx but not from the Visa office that it has been recieved. Should I be worried?

Also, I was under some misinformation about the timeline for getting your visa. I did not make my visa priority initially but just applied for priority. I applied online and emailed the office with my reciept and reference. Does anyone know how it typically works if you apply late? And if that delays your application?

I am a nervous wreck and want to make sure I can't do anything else to expedite anything.

Thank you!

• Liked: 3597
Re: priority service update?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
I sent my visa in on Monday, it arrived in Sheffield yesterday. I got a confirmation email from FedEx but not from the Visa office that it has been recieved. Should I be worried?

No - there's no reason to worry. As long as you know from FedEx that it was delivered, it will be processed.

It may take UKBA a week or two to send you an email confirmation that they have the application - and in some cases, they don't send an email at all.

Also, I was under some misinformation about the timeline for getting your visa. I did not make my visa priority initially but just applied for priority. I applied online and emailed the office with my reciept and reference. Does anyone know how it typically works if you apply late? And if that delays your application?

It won't make much difference in relation to not buying priority at all, because it will mean that the application will be processed in 3-4 weeks instead of 2-3 months.

However, they will now need to search for your application and dig it out of the pile of non-priority applications that they have received in order to assign it to the priority processing pile. As your application only arrived yesterday, chances are they won't have logged it into the system yet, so you may need to wait for it to logged in as non-priority first, before they can find it to put it in the priority pile (which could take a couple of extra days).

You've done everything you can now though - the only thing that might have potentially made it a few days faster is if you had purchased the priority service before mailing the application, but that's it.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
Hiya - I applied with a priority application recently. I sent it via UPS Express last Tues 8 July, but it didn't actually get delivered to Sheffield until Friday 11 July, and I didn't receive a confirmation email from until Tuesday 15 July. I'm guessing you'll get your confirmation next week, once your priority payment is processed.
Priority spouse online visa application submitted: June 26 2014
Biometrics appt & sent off application: July 8
Application & docs arrived in Sheffield: July 11
Confirmation email from Sheffield: July 15
Decision email: Aug 18
Visa received: Aug 19
Moved to UK: Aug 22 2014
FLR(M) granted at premium service centre: April 20 2017

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
Thank you guys!! I really appreciate it! I am super nervous still but you guys have put my mind at ease a bit!

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »
Hi,
Don't mean to hijack your post, but I recently paid for priority after waiting 3 months.
I got an email requesting more info such as more pay slips proof of employment along with more relationship proof.

I sent the requested documents however i didn't get the normal automated email back that says blah blah we will get back to you within 20 days.  Yet i sent another email the next day asking for some sort of acknowledgment that they received it as they said I had 10 days to send it all in.  Thats the only time I got the automated email back. its pretty frustrating stuff.

Sponsored Links