Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa Checklist-Please Advise  (Read 445 times)

• Liked: 1
Fiance Visa Checklist-Please Advise
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
I am getting ready to send off my fiance visa application next week. Can you please view my list here and see if there is anything else I need to include. Thank you so much!

These things we already have:

1. Application
2. Appendix 2
3. My two original divorce decrees (plus a copy of each)
4. A confirmation email addressing me and my DF confirming date and time of provisional booking plus details.
5. A picture of my dress with the online receipt of payment (purchased online)
6. Six random screenshots of Skype calls and Facebook messages since we met December 2013-July 2014
7. Several proposed itineraries for flights in September. (I know this is ambitious but if I get the approval in September, then all the better.)
8. Five random pictures of us together from his visits.
9. His boarding passes (plus copies)
10. 6 months of bank statements-stamped (plus copies)
11. 6 months of original payslips (plus copies)
12. P60
13. His original divorce decree (plus a copy)
14. A certified copy of his Passport
15. My passport
16. Mortgage payments towards his house-stamped (plus a copy)
17. An original utility bill (plus a copy)
18. A letter from his employer stating position, type (perm), how long he has worked there, wage and how long he has been earning his current wage on company letterhead.
19. My letter of intent
20. His letter of sponsorship/support
21. Land registry document

Is there anything else I am missing here? Should I include the refusal letter from my general visitor visa application? I do not work so I have no proof of that.  Also I am sending my application to my fiance who will add his part and then to Sheffield. How should I post to him to get it there the quickest? I use FedEx. Then how should he post it on to Sheffield?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:47:38 AM by PeuAPeu »
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

• Liked: 3595
Re: Fiance Visa Checklist-Please Advise
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:06:44 AM »
On the whole, your documents look good :).

Just a few comments:

7. Several proposed itineraries for flights in September. (I know this is ambitious but if I get the approval in September, then all the better.)

You don't need to include several, just include one. It's basically a case of saying: 'this is the flight I plan to book when I get my visa'.

8. Five random pictures of us together from his visits.

You don't need 5, just include 1 or 2 photos (maybe one recent and one from earlier in the relationship).

17. An original utility bill (plus a copy)

You don't really need this. You can include it if you want, but it's not required.

19. My letter of intent

You don't need a letter of 'intent' - that's your fiance's responsibility with his letter of support.

You can instead include a simple cover letter about your application package (not about your relationship) stating:
- what visa you are applying for
- what date you would like the visa valid from (if you are asking for a post-dated visa)
- a list of documents you are including
- a short explanation of anything complicated about your application or documents... this is where you can explain about your visa refusal and state that you are including the refusal documentation (you can give the reference number as well)

Is there anything else I am missing here? Should I include the refusal letter from my general visitor visa application?

You MUST include it - it's a requirement. If you don't, it may delay your application, as UKVI will need to search for the paperwork themselves.

I do not work so I have no proof of that.  

That's fine.

Also I am sending my application to my fiance who will add his part and then to Sheffield. How should I post to him to get it there the quickest? I use FedEx. Then how should he post it on to Sheffield?

I would definitely use FedEx, preferably overnight/next day as you will be on a deadline to get the documents to Sheffield (they must arrive within 14 days of your biometrics appointment)... using a courier like FedEx will guarantee fast, safe, tracked delivery and your documents won't get held up in UK customs (as FedEx have their own customs).

Just remember to set up an international waybill online with FedEx for return of the visa before you mail the documents.

When your fiance is mailing the documents to Sheffield, he can use whichever postal service he likes. As it's within the UK, Royal Mail should be fine, but I would make sure he uses a service that he can track and will be signed for, so you will know the application has got there.

• Liked: 1
Re: Fiance Visa Checklist-Please Advise
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »
perfect!  A couple of things here I had not thought about.  I want to get this together and posted as I am making myself ill worryingand stressing about it.
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab